Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was immense last season- though he tailed off a wee bit at the end. Was my favourite player. Remember being at the San Siro for the 4-1 loss and the ball was glued to his feet. He was the reason we stayed in that game. This season I've had the impression that he's not been giving 100%. His physical presence completely disappeared for a while though he might have been shot of confidence and he hasn't really come on in the final third . But looking better last few games. If we can improve his through balls and shooting I'm still convinced that he can be one of the best midfielders in Europe.

I agree. He just needs to stay alert as sometimes I feel he loses concentration and his play in the final 3rd is sometimes lacking too. He has absolutely dominated games like Chelsea and Cardiff this season (been very poor in some too like Newcastle)

I don't remember him being played in the wrong position this season, can you?

Agree. Though sometimes he finds himself too far from the opposition which negates his main strengths - his strength and his close control/dribbling.

I love Dembele, like many of Spurs greatest players, the game comes naturally to him. Beautiful to watch when he's on it.

:dembele:

Under Sherwood's formation he has more room to play. Looks like he can use his injection of pace more, when we signed him I was fucking delighted and he's now showing the form that made us pay £15 million for him. He pretty much is the complete midfielder and it was only a matter if weeks ago we heard he was unsettled and it looked as though the Paulinho and Sandro partnership was keeping on the bench. Well played Moussa

he is much maligned but no matter who's coaching , he's always on the pitch, even with the wide array of midfielders we have at the moment. Really wish he just starts scoring a bit more often

Compared to the Stoke game thought he was quiet, I didn't notice him much, probably more to do with the game bypassing the midfield entirely though.

Was reading Lawrenson's transfer guide for January for each club today (what a complete twat) and saw that Dembele has been linked with Villa and Newcastle.

Clearly someone having a joke in the press.

Him & Capoue in the first half almost made it look like we had 3 CMs too at times. Manure couldn't do fuck all through the middle.

tumblr_n1o5ygfFX31qizx72o1_250.gif
tumblr_n1o5ygfFX31qizx72o6_250.gif
tumblr_n1o5ygfFX31qizx72o3_250.gif

tumblr_n1o5ygfFX31qizx72o2_250.gif
tumblr_n1o5ygfFX31qizx72o5_250.gif
tumblr_n1o5ygfFX31qizx72o4_250.gif

He think he's crying out for a top class manager to just tell him what he should be doing. When he gets the ball, most of the time he looks lost as to what he should be doing.

he is much maligned but no matter who's coaching , he's always on the pitch, even with the wide array of midfielders we have at the moment. Really wish he just starts scoring a bit more often

Avb used him as a dm so he only had around 10 shots at goal before Tim came. He did the dm aspect well and his passing stats have us stability.

Now ts is using him as a right sided or central am but as soon as a dm like capoue gets injured he hauls dembo back to water carrying. This stop start aspect is killing his game and he had no stability or chance to form partnerships etc.

so I agree. Defined roles and management have message boards howling at dembele. What they don't see is the massive stability he gives us. He is a great player who is a victim of his well rounded ability and for some reason is being blamed for our wingers/wingbacks terrible creativity and decision making. Dembo has given our wingers a solid base to attack, but their scuffathons and bad decisions have cost us droughts.

I just realized how often I said stability. Haha. I think I got my point across that you can rely on dembo to handle his business on his patch of the pitch. The tiny dancers, not so much.

Dembele can be superb throughout a match and yet still have moments that are completely baffling. His passing needs to improve, and I don't mean his successful pass rate, which is a slightly deceiving statistic, but rather his pass selection which can be either too safe or delayed.

But I would say he is one of our most important players, I just think he is capable of so much more.

Back
Top Bottom