Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"we've got Dele. Bam bam Dele"

Probably the best you're going to get when you remove Alli and get his nickname in there. Might appreciate that one.

Personally, I don't really like Dele's song. West Ham and the Scum both sing it and even though ours has lyrics changed this could be a good chance to flog it off. However I can see how some people like it as it is very catchy.

You must have missed it but he has pledged to sign every shirt that people may have bought already & had Alli 20 put on them between July 8 and Aug 12 of this year.

Alli is his surname and like me has a father who has done fuck all for him. He may also feel he has a mother that has done the same too.
I still use the surname of my father but my siblings do not. They have changed their names by deed poll to my mothers maiden name.
I suppose he has realised that he has no connection at all to the name, no allegiance. The recent stuff we have seen/heard with his mother etc may have also had some bearing on it.

So is it
'we've got Dele......Bami Dele' now instead.
I suppose we have to respect it too :allitongue:

Yup, same here mostly. I still use both my parents names and have both tatted on my arm - so I was more so joking about the poor sods who spent their money on an Alli shirt because in the big picture it doesn't really matter (it's still a Tottenham shirt at the end of the day). I was sure he/the club would offer some sort of compensation and I definitely don't hold it against Dele to do it - like anybody except him has a say? It's a personal matter and he handled it with class by offering to sign shirts.

Last edited:
I just hope this isn't a portent to him 'Copyrighting' the name 'Dele' and Trademarking the Dele wave, like Bale did with that fucking hand/heart 'spontaneous' goal celebration shit!

...it can only mean one thing, he's off to Real next year... with a 'Dele' trademark sponsorship tucked in his back pocket!

He wasn't at the races on Saturday. Game passed him by. He was lucky to stay on the whole game.
This was the case quite a bit towards the end of last season too. And for England.

He's been popping up with the odd highlight reel but not actually contributing much to our overall play.

He's still very young and raw. We need more options in that area so he's not relied on so heavily. Would take the pressure off him and maybe wouldn't be a bad thing for him to know he's not guaranteed a starting place.

Last edited:
I just hope this isn't a portent to him 'Copyrighting' the name 'Dele' and Trademarking the Dele wave, like Bale did with that fucking hand/heart 'spontaneous' goal celebration shit!

...it can only mean one thing, he's off to Real next year... with a 'Dele' trademark sponsorship tucked in his back pocket!

The cynic in me had the same thought when I first heard it. Unless there has been some bad family shite going on it stinks of third-party involvement and a massive branding exercise. Sounds like a two year cycle to me... better get on and make the most of it while we can :pochbye:

Living in Spain it's not for me to tell people who travel the country what they should and shouldn't be singing, but my personal feeling is that I wish we didn't have to channel fucking Woolwich in every chant. Beyond a vague wish that he might spontaneously combust at some point I couldn't give a flying fuck about Özil when I'm thinking about Dele (or Eriksen).

Look at our songs for Ledley. You might think we could have resurrected "Born is the King" for our best defender in years, not to mention great captain, loyal club man and a real gent to boot, or even some other ditty referring to his regalness, but oh no, he can only exist first in relation to Sol fucking Campbell and then John cunting Terry

The cynic in me had the same thought when I first heard it. Unless there has been some bad family shite going on it stinks of third-party involvement and a massive branding exercise. Sounds like a two year cycle to me... better get on and make the most of it while we can :pochbye:

Well LUCKILY for us it sounds like Dele's Dad was a bit of a cunt who upped and left his Mum to raise the kids on her own...
He wants nothing to do with the surname.

PHEWEEE! we're safe from Real's clutches ...for now!

Well LUCKILY for us it sounds like Dele's Dad was a bit of a cunt who upped and left his Mum to raise the kids on her own...
He wants nothing to do with the surname.

PHEWEEE! we're safe from Real's clutches ...for now!

but this isn't a new development right, this was this has been the case for a while so why now? The guy is due his privacy however is this a smokescreen for a branding and IP exercise for the future? Sponsors look 5-10 years in the future with some players...

but this isn't a new development right, this was this has been the case for a while so why now? The guy is due his privacy however is this a smokescreen for a branding and IP exercise for the future? Sponsors look 5-10 years in the future with some players...
Maybe Nike/Adidas paid his Dad an undisclosed amount 20 odd years ago to be a cunt to his Kids...
therfore meaning young Dele Alli opted to drop the 'Alli' and go with the much more marketable Dele Wave brand!

These Global sports brands are fucking unscrupulous when it comes to Sponsorship... I wouldn't put anything past them!

Last edited:
Living in Spain it's not for me to tell people who travel the country what they should and shouldn't be singing, but my personal feeling is that I wish we didn't have to channel fucking Woolwich in every chant. Beyond a vague wish that he might spontaneously combust at some point I couldn't give a flying fuck about Özil when I'm thinking about Dele (or Eriksen).

Look at our songs for Ledley. You might think we could have resurrected "Born is the King" for our best defender in years, not to mention great captain, loyal club man and a real gent to boot, or even some other ditty referring to his regalness, but oh no, he can only exist first in relation to Sol fucking Campbell and then John cunting Terry
TBF i quite like the better then JT song for King, i think giving a dig at your rivals must remain a feature in our chants but not in every single one of them

TBF i quite like the better then JT song for King, i think giving a dig at your rivals must remain a feature in our chants but not in every single one of them

...and I really don't!

Then again... it's a game of opinions!

Though I kinda agree with your last sentiment!

But surely songs having a go at the opposition should be independent, stand alone songs about just that; having a pop about the opposition.

My problem is shoe-horning that into songs about OUR players!

We've had songs about OUR PLAYERS that also mention John Terry, Mezit Özil, Sol Campbell, Jack Wilshire... and I'm sure there have been others (Ian Wright/David Beckham??)

I don't think ANY OTHER clubs' fans would name-check that many of OUR players!
We're fucking obsessed!!

Back
Top Bottom