Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we didn't have such amazing team spirit and of course Dele's BFF Dier, I would be worried about the future of our young star. Fortunately for us, I don't think even crazy money and top clubs could lure Dele at this stage, as it would be madness to leave such an amazing opportunity to grow.

I'm not usually one for the pundits talking players up to hyperbolic standards, but Dele is definitely one hell of a prospect. If he continues to work hard and develop his game he could be as good as he wants, and not even in the footsteps of other players as he is fairly unique in his style.

If we didn't have such amazing team spirit and of course Dele's BFF Dier, I would be worried about the future of our young star. Fortunately for us, I don't think even crazy money and top clubs could lure Dele at this stage, as it would be madness to leave such an amazing opportunity to grow.

I'm not usually one for the pundits talking players up to hyperbolic standards, but Dele is definitely one hell of a prospect. If he continues to work hard and develop his game he could be as good as he wants, and not even in the footsteps of other players as he is fairly unique in his style.
Another post from a diehard Spurs fan who sees the world through lillywhite tinted spectacles.
I would guess that of all the current team Dele is probably going to be the first out of the door - and it probably won't bother him in the slightest.
His only concern should be picking a Spanish giant as a bolt hole - as they are more than happy to bench or dump players of astonishing skill for the next "shiny" new plaything on the market. See James Rodriguez for details. Can't now get a game and has wage expectations that other clubs can't satisfy.
Alli won't achieve as much fiscally, or in terms of titles with us - but I suspect that he will have a much more rewarding career with us in terms of fan allegiance, playing time and having a team built around him, at Spurs.
The new stadium might be a reason to stick around as well.
Darth Vader was going to leave until he heard about the new Death Star. Maybe the same thinking will work for us

Another post from a diehard Spurs fan who sees the world through lillywhite tinted spectacles.
I would guess that of all the current team Dele is probably going to be the first out of the door - and it probably won't bother him in the slightest.
His only concern should be picking a Spanish giant as a bolt hole - as they are more than happy to bench or dump players of astonishing skill for the next "shiny" new plaything on the market. See James Rodriguez for details. Can't now get a game and has wage expectations that other clubs can't satisfy.
Alli won't achieve as much fiscally, or in terms of titles with us - but I suspect that he will have a much more rewarding career with us in terms of fan allegiance, playing time and having a team built around him, at Spurs.
The new stadium might be a reason to stick around as well.
Darth Vader was going to leave until he heard about the new Death Star. Maybe the same thinking will work for us

gif-king-9b8c78e68717b837a2aa9241b390cb1a.gif

Bit of faith please Mickey, hopefully the lad can see the shortfalls of others before him when it comes to big money moves to the 'top clubs'. I am quietly confident we have at least 2 more years with Del-boy.

Everyone thought Hugo would be first out the door and he could clearly earn more elsewhere, but it seems he loves the club and working with Poch more than the dollars.

If you make decent money and love what you do and who you work for, why leave?

Everyone thought Hugo would be first out the door and he could clearly earn more elsewhere, but it seems he loves the club and working with Poch more than the dollars.

If you make decent money and love what you do and who you work for, why leave?
Medals, most teams will pay good money, so in the ends its the medals you can win

Hugo is an interesting chap. Unlike pretty much all footballers, he comes from money in the first place.
Infact, I think he should just buy the club.

Bit of faith please Mickey, hopefully the lad can see the shortfalls of others before him when it comes to big money moves to the 'top clubs'. I am quietly confident we have at least 2 more years with Del-boy.
Who are you talking to?
My faith isn't my problem, its just a deep rooted cynicism in the fickle nature of easily led footballers and the avaricious greed of their agents

Big round of applause for Dele not reacting to Valdes' blatant attempt to wind him up and get a yellow, or worse. Dele seems to have left behind those silly off the ball incidents that got him suspensions in the past.

Re Real Madrid etc: I think he'll stay as long as he's improving, which he will do under a good manager, and which we've got. He's an automatic pick, he's playing in a team with half the outfield England players, he's improving, he's scoring lots of goals.....(less importantly, he's playing with his mates).

He'll probably be at his peak from 25 yrs old. If he's going to make a really big move, he'd be ill-advised to do it before then. Which gives us lots of time to start winning trophies, playing regularly in top 4, and making a success of the new 61,000 stadium.

A colleague of mine, who is very much aware me being a Spurs fan, "told" me that Bayern apparently had a done deal for Alli. Mind you, I live in Bayern, and 70% here are Bayern fans, the rest Nuremberg, 1860, Dortmund etc, but they are used to get the players they want.

I told him, no, won't happen. We're not Dortmund and it's not the Bundesliga. Look for the Moaninho quotes and you'll have the answer. Dele won't leave. Not this summer and for a while. And certainly not for the money Bayern would be ready to cough up...Unusual for them..

I think we should aim higher. Dele is clearly brilliant. Our problem is that we don't have people to link up with him in the buildup.

He links up beautifully with Harry but we don't have people on his wavelength in midfield so we get bogged down. That's why I am advocating Harry Winks and a world class creative like Isco. We are getting bogged down by the flaky Ericksen - Dele can't do it on his own - he's not a Gazza or Bale type player. Give him some equally gifted players around him and with our back 6, we'd be all conquering.

And if we give him those players why would he go anywhere else - we could win evwrything in the new stadium and he can be a leg

I think we should aim higher. Dele is clearly brilliant. Our problem is that we don't have people to link up with him in the buildup.

He links up beautifully with Harry but we don't have people on his wavelength in midfield so we get bogged down. That's why I am advocating Harry Winks and a world class creative like Isco. We are getting bogged down by the flaky Ericksen - Dele can't do it on his own - he's not a Gazza or Bale type player. Give him some equally gifted players around him and with our back 6, we'd be all conquering.

And if we give him those players why would he go anywhere else - we could win evwrything in the new stadium and he can be a leg
Yeah if only Eriksen was brilliant enough to link up with Dele, we might have beat Chelsea.

You seem to have it in for Eriksen, he is a key component to the way we play. Would like another CAM to give him a bit of competition, would still stick with him if only for his assists and odd goal.

What problem?

Great debut by the way - slagging off Eriksen and Dembele - two of our most influential players. I feel for people like you who are unable to enjoy what's happening at Spurs.

Eriksen is second only to De Bruyne in the assist charts, third in key passes per game ahead of Coutinho, Silva, Özil etc., has created the most chances in the league in 2017 and has set up 3 Alli goals this season which is a combination only bettered by 3 duos and all by one goal.

Also if you watch the game he's the one who makes us tick every single Saturday, it's so obvious that even fucking Thierry Henry noticed it and did a segment on it for Sky.

Fuck off Serg. You're a massive cunt. Stay where you are, and don't ever come back to England. Cunts like you we don't need - do you understand? Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom