Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AI6cA7l.gif

Hope he can cut such rubbish out of his game as he matures

Has all the makings of a top-class player - no need for this kind of shit in his behaviour. Lesson learned, hopefully

Jeez guys like Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu would have been hung for their crimes if this punch resulted in a 3 match ban. Roy Keane wouldnt have made it onto the field these days. Ah well suppose it is what it is. Let him go rest up, he has had a great year the young man.

He's been known to the odd kick or now slap. He was targeted by WBA (I think he was fouled 3 times within the first few minutes) and will need to shake it out of his game. He will learn. Our best signing since Bale (?) considering fee and potential (not to forget he ALREADY has scored 10 (!) in the PL).

He's been known to the odd kick or now slap. He was targeted by WBA (I think he was fouled 3 times within the first few minutes) and will need to shake it out of his game. He will learn. Our best signing since Bale (?) considering fee and potential (not to forget he ALREADY has scored 10 (!) in the PL).
I'm sure I read he's scored and assisted the same amount this season as Ross Barkley has managed in the last 2 seasons.

Shame about the ban, the West Brom player didn't even make a deal of it. He's 20, he'll learn. Rooney had a similar mentality at that age, and I think if Alli keeps focused he could be even better.

Very silly (again) from Alli, only this time he isn't going to get away with it. He has been brilliant this season, but these nasty (unnecessary) moments happen to often. Now he has let his team down and I presume this isn't going to be great for his chances for England either at the European Championship. Sure, he'll still get selected, but this doesn't do him any favours in terms of having a starting spot.

These things happen. Hoping its a good thing for him as he'll get this treatment more and more next year and he needs to learn to deal with it.
With TV cameras everywhere you just can't get away with any retribution in a match.
Onwards and upwards!

Very silly (again) from Alli, only this time he isn't going to get away with it. He has been brilliant this season, but these nasty (unnecessary) moments happen to often. Now he has let his team down and I presume this isn't going to be great for his chances for England either at the European Championship. Sure, he'll still get selected, but this doesn't do him any favours in terms of having a starting spot.
I absolutely fucking love it.
Dave-Mackay-009.jpg

article-2233668-000037ED00000CB2-978_964x570.jpg

Times have changed since then, video material can be used post-match to give him bans, he needs to be smarter. Besides, Mackay was intimidating there, which is admirable, but punching someone in the stomach... really?
We have gone from one of the softest sides to one of the most aggressive in a little over a season. Alli embodies that change in attitude, it's a mindset and one that has gotten us to be genuine title challengers. He needs to be smarter, yes, he needs to be more snide about his work.

Ask any Utd fan if they miss Kean's attitude, ask any woolwich fan if they miss Viera or Petit. All getting sent off, suspended or banned on numerous occasions season after season, all at the centre of formidable teams that 90% of the teams they faced had already thrown in the towel before they even kicked a ball. The media over reacted at the time when they got sent off, it sells, just as it does now. But funny when both teams are being called out by pundits, commentators and fans alike following a defeat it is the same media that is quick to point out what they are missing and point to a grit and leadership they bought to the side and are calling for that type of player to be reinstated.

We play in our managers image, if you are not sure what that image is, don't be fooled by the Aquascutum, check out his highlight reels on YouTube, only one way to describe him, Hard Bastard. This attitude in our team should be glorified & celebrated because it will win us a title.

This is how proper fans behave? Pfftt ahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahaha...*pauses for breath whilst hoping not to die from the hilarious side-splitting sheer agony of it all*..aahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I've visited a few EPL fans forums (with the hope of engaging in friendly debates), and all clubs/forums are the same (the good, the bad, the ugly). So your claim that you and your clubs fans 'behave properly' and are better than others is so f**king absurd and hilarious you should have your head examined.

A quick glance back at your previous two/three posts and you will quickly realize not only how hypocritical you are but what a disgraceful representative of your club you truly are.

Now, I need to read your above comment again for some lunchtime laughter...Pffftt ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha......
Very sad, very sad indeed. Integrity loses its power in the presence of a LC supporter on another teams forum spouting shite and being properly stupid, as stupid as stupidity possible.

FUCK OFF TWAT_YOU ARE A 24 CARAT MORON>

We have gone from one of the softest sides to one of the most aggressive in a little over a season. Alli embodies that change in attitude, it's a mindset and one that has gotten us to be genuine title challengers

There is useful agression and there is pointless agression. Punching someone in the stomach on a set-piece falls under the latter category. What exactly did he gain from doing that? It has gotten him a three games suspension... that's of great help in our title challenge (as far as that still exists)... Veira, Keane and Mackay were intimidating the opponent, what Alli did was just sad and sneaky imo and not particularly productive either.

Last edited:
There is useful agression and there is pointless agression. Punching someone in the stomach on a set-piece falls under the latter category. What exactly did he gain from doing that? It has gotten him a three games suspension. Veira, Keane and Mackay were intimidating the opponent, what Alli did was just sad and sneaky imo.

Alli plied his trade in League 1 where there isn't a camera angle for every part of the pitch. Yes it was stupid and he is now paying the price for his stupidity. As long as he learns that he cannot get away with these actions now. I am sure he'll be a better player for it. He's just turned 20 FFS he's still very much in the infancy of his career, cut the kid some slack. We as a club have missed a bit of nastiness in the side, it's what all championship winnings sides need. Sends out a message that we are not a soft touch.

Alli plied his trade in League 1 where there isn't a camera angle for every part of the pitch. Yes it was stupid and he is now paying the price for his stupidity. As long as he learns that he cannot get away with these actions now. I am sure he'll be a better player for it. He's just turned 20 FFS he's still very much in the infancy of his career, cut the kid some slack. We as a club have missed a bit of nastiness in the side, it's what all championship winnings sides need. Sends out a message that we are not a soft touch.
Sure he's young and will hopefully learn from it and not do it again, that's not to say that it wasn't extremely stupid and unproductive. The thing is, he has been doing this kind of stuff the whole season and at some point it was going to catch up with him and it has. I just get the feeling that because it's extremely unlikely now that we'll win the title, that people are more forgiving about Alli missing the rest of the season. Imagine we had actually won against West Brom and then couldn't rely on one of our best players in Alli for the title challenge due to his own stupidity. It's an action that could've lost us the title.

Sure he's young and will hopefully learn from it and not do it again, that's not to say that it wasn't extremely stupid and unproductive. The thing is, he has been doing this kind of stuff the whole season and at some point it was going to catch up with him and it has. I just get the feeling that because it's extremely unlikely now that we'll win the title, that people are more forgiving about Alli missing the rest of the season. Imagine we had actually won against West Brom and then couldn't rely on one of our best players in Alli for the title challenge due to his own stupidity. It's an action that could've lost us the title.

It's all if's and but's. Is it any different to Vardy doing something stupid and getting caught out? These things happen in football, will just have to adapt. We move on, to be honest, he's looked like needing to be benched for a bit.

Ali was nowhere that near to Yacob. The pictures have ben doctored. He was at least 15 feet away when he swung that 'punch'.
There is no case to answer, as the video completely exonerates him anyway.

Back
Top Bottom