Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon Poch will be teaching him the dark art of pushing it to the absolute limit. And Vertonghen too. Its an odd concept tho to us fans. If he does it & gets away with it, it's all a nod, a wink & a laugh. If he doesn't & we lose a key match, he's suddenly a cunt.
I'll take off my American hat and put on my British hat when I say, that's why he needs to just be cheeky with his fouls and not a full cunt

I'm lazy and can't be bothered to trawl through to see if this has been discussed before, but has anyone who goes to the matches regularly got an opinion as to whether Deli Alli has the attributes to be developed into a striker? Only so much you can get from Tv, but he certainly seems to have a lot of the ingredients- even a Shearer nasty streak. Any thoughts?

After all Bale was a left back once upon a time....

I'm lazy and can't be bothered to trawl through to see if this has been discussed before, but has anyone who goes to the matches regularly got an opinion as to whether Deli Alli has the attributes to be developed into a striker? Only so much you can get from Tv, but he certainly seems to have a lot of the ingredients- even a Shearer nasty streak. Any thoughts?

After all Bale was a left back once upon a time....
By no means am I proclaiming myself an expert, but I have seen it discussed that Alli does well when he's running into the box (like Lampard) to get on the end of some cut-backs.

Those two goals from Alderweireld crosses also seemed to come from a penetrating run that the defenders couldn't deal with.

I think the other thing is that Alli can probably have a greater impact by playing in midfield and seeing more of the ball. Would possibly be easier to mark him out of the game if he was played as a forward too, not least because of his slight frame (Kane has only really become a force since he bulked up).

TL;DR - keep him in midfield.

By no means am I proclaiming myself an expert, but I have seen it discussed that Alli does well when he's running into the box (like Lampard) to get on the end of some cut-backs.

Those two goals from Alderweireld crosses also seemed to come from a penetrating run that the defenders couldn't deal with.

I think the other thing is that Alli can probably have a greater impact by playing in midfield and seeing more of the ball. Would possibly be easier to mark him out of the game if he was played as a forward too, not least because of his slight frame (Kane has only really become a force since he bulked up).

TL;DR - keep him in midfield.

Yeah possibly more a forward than an out and out striker per se, but here are definitely aspects of his play that make me wonder. He's not massive but he's no weakling, maybe a couple of years more muscle on him and he could be in quite a different role potentially

Yeah possibly more a forward than an out and out striker per se, but here are definitely aspects of his play that make me wonder. He's not massive but he's no weakling, maybe a couple of years more muscle on him and he could be in quite a different role potentially
He's taller than you think - so would definitely be interesting to keep an eye on how his physique develops in the next few years with this in mind.

That's enough of me talking about a 19 year old boy's developing body for today. #nopaedo
:pochfacepalm:

He's taller than you think - so would definitely be interesting to keep an eye on how his physique develops in the next few years with this in mind.

That's enough of me talking about a 19 year old boy's developing body for today. #nopaedo
:pochfacepalm:

Heh, I remember when we played Real Madrid and the commentators were laughing about Real staff all but taking measuring tapes to Bale to check out his physique.

Heh, I remember when we played Real Madrid and the commentators were laughing about Real staff all but taking measuring tapes to Bale to check out his physique.
1407429540216_wps_2_MADRID_SPAIN_AUGUST_07_Ga.jpg

:lamelashock:

Does he bathe in horse placenta, or...?

SkySports news did a phone poll to see which was better Ali or Vardy's goal, ended 50/50.....

:pochbye:
Vardy's goal just reminds me of Leicester's neanderthal tactics.

He's on the end of a long punted ball, is on the right hand side, and has no other option than to just hit and hope.

It goes in. Monkeys and fucking typewriters.

Looks great until you think about it, whereas Alli's goal looks better the more you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom