Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got SINBINNED sticking up for Lamela, Kane and Dembele in the Kane thread.
That's not why you got binned and you know it.

I stuck up for 2 out of those 3 long before you and didn't get binned.

Glad you're back though...

giphy.gif

You put one, just one, guy on ignore.

He gets binned.

Life is jolly good.

He comes back.

Every other thread makes no sense, because 90% of the posts are responding to some nonsense, I cannot see :chadliblow:
This is true
You fucking fat Gooner cunt.

Oh, sorry...I forgot to put quotation and the forumites name who posted that in response to me talking about Spurs. What were you saying about the manner I express my opinions?

I'll fly to Florida and kill you.

Oops. Did it again. Sorry man.

To be serious for a second: Can you show me a link to a post where you had a problem where I expressed my opinions to you when we talk about football? You probably won't find anything bad. You may be guilty of presuming I treat everyone the same. I don't. There are a handful of posters who I have no problem reminding them what they said last week or last year if they get abusive. Most of them like Arcspace live in the forum toilet. Some people get dragged into it and pile on when I've not said a single thing off color to them. If Arcpasce claims I am a maggot Gooner cunt often enough, and if someone suggests sinbinning me often enough, it creates a mob mentality.

I think you need to check out Joe Clash, Cretinous, Arcspace, Jock, Wiki etc and see what they post to me, and compare it with my retorts. I show massive restraint. How would you like it if they gang up giggling threatening to post private photos of a wedding? These are not exactly nice guys. They can't see the larger picture: They spend more time in the forum toilet than in these threads.

How many times has Arcspace mentioned Alli in this thread? Has he even talked about him in here this year? How many times has Joe talked about Alli in this thread? You can count them on one hand. They are here, to BAIT and ABUSE me.

Sometimes you may have to take a step back. I mean, they seem unfazed their favorite thread is called the forum toilet. That speaks volumes.

I'm out II. Baiting returns. Son of baiting.
Ok, in the short time I've been on the blog I would agree that some of responses to you have been a waste of space and do little to advance the credibility of the blog.
But don't you think that there maybe a vast number of readers that agree with your views but just don't want to be involved in the 'nasty stuff'?
Stop regurgitating...move on Gibbsy, I for one won't think any less of you for doing so.
Poch has presented a tremendous opportunity for debate...the youngest squad in the EPL...a couple of points off the top 4...improving every time we see them play...
We can discuss the pass ad infinitum but what matters is the future.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" Napoléon Bonaparte.

This is true

Ok, in the short time I've been on the blog I would agree that some of responses to you have been a waste of space and do little to advance the credibility of the blog.
But don't you think that there maybe a vast number of readers that agree with your views but just don't want to be involved in the 'nasty stuff'?
Stop regurgitating...move on Gibbsy, I for one won't think any less of you for doing so.
Poch has presented a tremendous opportunity for debate...the youngest squad in the EPL...a couple of points off the top 4...improving every time we see them play...
We can discuss the pass ad infinitum but what matters is the future.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" Napoléon Bonaparte.

Are you mistaking me for Gibbsy??? :walkercry:

Oh, the pain :vdvcry:

You fucking fat Gooner cunt.

Oh, sorry...I forgot to put quotation and the forumites name who posted that in response to me talking about Spurs. What were you saying about the manner I express my opinions?

I'll fly to Florida and kill you.

Oops. Did it again. Sorry man.

To be serious for a second: Can you show me a link to a post where you had a problem where I expressed my opinions to you when we talk about football? You probably won't find anything bad. You may be guilty of presuming I treat everyone the same. I don't. There are a handful of posters who I have no problem reminding them what they said last week or last year if they get abusive. Most of them like Arcspace live in the forum toilet. Some people get dragged into it and pile on when I've not said a single thing off color to them. If Arcpasce claims I am a maggot Gooner cunt often enough, and if someone suggests sinbinning me often enough, it creates a mob mentality.

I think you need to check out Joe Clash, Cretinous, Arcspace, Jock, Wiki etc and see what they post to me, and compare it with my retorts. I show massive restraint. How would you like it if they gang up giggling threatening to post private photos of a wedding? These are not exactly nice guys. They can't see the larger picture: They spend more time in the forum toilet than in these threads.

How many times has Arcspace mentioned Alli in this thread? Has he even talked about him in here this year? How many times has Joe talked about Alli in this thread? You can count them on one hand. They are here, to BAIT and ABUSE me.

Sometimes you may have to take a step back. I mean, they seem unfazed their favorite thread is called the forum toilet. That speaks volumes.

I'm out II. Baiting returns. Son of baiting.

You forget that people can read and form their own opinions. And as for baiting you I have yet to start my own blog to slaughter you and I have yet to start a Twitter account to do the same thing. You're the one who has dragged this thread down, you do it everywhere. I love talking football with other members and it was bliss when you when you were gone.

I've just had a look at the last 15 pages, and there I am, talking about Dele Alli in the Dele Alli thread. You should try it rather than ruining yet another thread.

You invite confrontation, and whine like a child when you get it. Seek help.

Last edited:
You haven't once addressed my post where I talked about Eriksen (see: pg. 43) and your misconceptions that he's not an intelligent reader of the game. That was a football post directed at you, talking about football and your opinion on a footballer. Instead you've completely ignored it and 1) posted some crap I said about Harry Kane over a year ago 2) accused me of abusing you in the thread (I haven't).

You do understand that all that combined is the very definition of what you're claiming is baiting, right? Where are the posts where I called you a fat gooner? Where have I ever said I was going to harm you? You can't find those posts, Gibbs, because they don't exist. Now find the posts where I tried to talk football with you and you attempted to slander my name instead. They're one page over and one post above.

what a joke.
When ever someone finds a hole in his argument he ignores the comment

Nice article on how we landed Alli. Apparently, we were scouting him for more than three years before the transfer.

How Tottenham won the race for Dele Alli after three-and-a-half years

How Tottenham won the race for Dele Alli after three-and-a-half years

Dele Alli’s emergence this season has caught the footballworld by surprise but his stunning form in the Premier League is the result of three-and-a-half years’ careful work byTottenham.

Alli should make his 18th appearance of the campaign for Spurs in tonight’s Europa League tie at Qarabag. Even though there are nearly six months of the season remaining, Alli has already surpassed expectations in his first campaign at this level, winning four senior England caps and scoring on his full debut at Wembley.

In an era in which cash-rich English top-flight clubs often sign players impulsively, caught by the deadline-day bug, Spurs deserve praise for their diligence in scouting Alli. Now 19, Alli was on Tottenham’s radar since the age of 15; his progress this season is confirmation of a job well done.

Alli’s career might, however, have unfolded very differently.

In the summer of 2014, he nearly moved from MK Dons to Liverpool, whose then manager, Brendan Rodgers, believed Alli might one day replace Steven Gerrard at the heart of the Anfield midfield.

Those closest to Alli decided it would be better for him to spend more time at Milton Keynes, where he made 88 appearances. When Alli chose Tottenham in January, Aston Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland were among the clubs showing a strong interest. Spurs won therace because of Mauricio Pochettino’s commitment to selecting young, English players — a policy that has enabled Alli to thrive.

The £5million Spurs paid Milton Keynes last January now looks a remarkable piece of business. Alli’s manager at that club, Karl Robinson, told Standard Sport: “When he was 17, I said he would play for England. He has a very poorly developed sense of fear. Yes he is talented and fearless but also very humble and grounded.

“When he chose to move to Spurs, he was totally dedicated to that decision. Spurs made him believe they were the right club for him. They had been following him for three-and-a-half years. I spoke to David Pleat [former Spurs boss who still scouts informally for the club] many times about him. I have had a few conversations with Dele since the move but he is not my player any more.

“He needs the time and space to grow, mature and become a top player. I believe his best position will be as an ‘eight’ [the more attacking of the two central midfielders in the 4-2-3-1 system] but he is a throwback to the type of midfielder who can attack and defend.

“His goal for England against France was typical of him. He won a tackle and then, later in the move, scored from outside the penalty area. In fact, he scored nearly an identical goal on his full debut for MK Dons [in an FA Cup tie against Cambridge City in November 2012].”

Pochettino knew little of Alli when he arrived: persuaded by his closest advisors, chairman Daniel Levy did the deal and agreed to loan Alli back to MK Dons for the remainder of last season. Yet Alli travelled regularly to Tottenham’s Enfield training base during that period, for treatment for an ankle injury and to join in first-team training sessions.

If Pochettino had been unaware of Alli beforehand, those early sessions convinced him that he had an outstanding prospect on his hands.

Alli has played only 17 games for Tottenham but already he is one of their key players. He will have an important role to play tonight as Spurs seek the win that will send them into the knockout stages. And if Alli keeps advancing at his current pace, he and Tottenham will soon be appearing on far grander European stages.

Alli reminds me of Gerrard. Box to box midfielder that can do everything.

He's still a little rough around the edges, a bit raw and certainly has areas to improve but my god is he a natural talent.

If we can keep these kids together and fight off the inevitable interest from the bigger sides this summer we could be on to something very special.

Alli reminds me of Gerrard. Box to box midfielder that can do everything.

He's still a little rough around the edges, a bit raw and certainly has areas to improve but my god is he a natural talent.

If we can keep these kids together and fight off the inevitable interest from the bigger sides this summer we could be on to something very special.

I know, he's a cunt and a half, but he actually reminds me as much of Joe Cole. Probably half Cole and half Gerrard. Cole was full tricks and nutmegs when he was younger, just as Alli. We do NOT want to take the fun out of his game, as Mourinho did to Cole, and to some degree has been doing to Hazard. But some maturity as to decisionmaking on when and when not to take chances and use those skills, or make the simple pass instead, would go a long way to round out those edges.

Have just opted to "show ignored content" to see what all the fuss was about. Wish I'd never bothered. What a load of boring, repetitive tripe. It's almost painful to read all the guff that ole Gibbsy keeps regurgitating. I'm surprised that people keep giving him the time of day. Football debates disappear under a pile of circuitous arguments about being right. Nobody will ever convince him that he knows nothing about football because when a lack of knowledge or contradiction is exposed he ignores it & goes off on another tangent of why he's right. :pochfacepalm:

Does anyone feel like he's starting to plateau a little bit? Him being out against Chelsea might remind him that this is a very tough team to break into and that he can't take his foot off the gas if he wants to keep playing on the 1st team.

Does anyone feel like he's starting to plateau a little bit? Him being out against Chelsea might remind him that this is a very tough team to break into and that he can't take his foot off the gas if he wants to keep playing on the 1st team.
Not for me. Tonight's game was a little slow for his peculiar talents. He'll get that, but out of all of our players he has the greatest potential imo. Having said that I'm uncomfortable singling out individual players in this very exciting squad. It's all coming together nicely.

I only watched the first half tonight but I liked what I saw from Alli. I noticed that if the team is high tempo and hungry to destroy the opponent then he is. If the rest of the team is a bit lethargic he is too. He's young though.

I'm not saying he's not doing well (though he was dispossessed twice against Qarabag). I'm just saying he's looking like he's stagnating a little bit.

I'm not saying he's not doing well (though he was dispossessed twice against Qarabag). I'm just saying he's looking like he's stagnating a little bit.
Very harsh mate. How can you stagnate in such a short space of time? He's 19 ffs, think about that. Look at the good things. So he was dispossessed twice? So what.

Last edited:
Very harsh mate. How can you stagnate in such a short space of time? He's 19 ffs, think about that. Look at the good things. So he was dispossessed twice? So what.

Pretty simple actually, you start a season where you continue to look better and better and then you have a few matches in a row where you level out. It's really not that harsh at all.

Pretty simple actually, you start a season where you continue to look better and better and then you have a few matches in a row where you level out. It's really not that harsh at all.
Don't patronise me mate. So he gets better every game until by May he's the the best player that's ever lived? You come over as a dick sometimes.

"Pretty simple actually" Fuck off with your fake fandom. You talk a lot of shit.

Back
Top Bottom