Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the same thing every time -- dunno how anyone, including himself, can take what he says seriously, especially when he's asked multiple times for Eriksen to be given a free role. I truly don't understand how you can be of the opinion that a player is unintelligent off the ball, but needs to be given free reign to move all over the pitch.

??? Take what I say seriously?

Give me a reason why you think I am wrong that Eriksen can't play a free role...

You are just trying to twist me claiming Alli and Dembele are better at tracking into...some...point.

What is your problem with it: Does a free role mean he's not allowed to attempt to intercept if a West Ham player passes it near him? Does it mean he's not allowed to tackle if he's close to the opposition? NO!! You are all going hyper literal and it's hilarious.

You all ban me if Dembele scores, and now you are forming my opinion into some sort of fake fantasy position. haha

Eriksen when the OPPOSITION has the ball is not as sharp as most of the team. That does not mean he's fucking useless.

Keep circling your wagons. Yet again, on the pitch I was proven right. Alli as an advanced midfielder made us every bit as creative as Lamela would have, and made us stronger in other areas.

GTOG.

He brought Eriksen into the game like I claimed. And Son was running riot.

Balance.

Last edited:
You're right gibbs. I can't believe I'm saying this. But you're actually right.

:walkercry:

You only got sin binned because dembele scored. And for that I hope I'm wrong and he scores 30 just so we don't need to listen to your shit anymore.

:dembelefingers:

You claimed my lineup of:

-------------------Kane------------------
---Mason----Eriksen----Dembele--
------Alli-----------Bentaleb-----------

TheJockmur: "The lack of creativity behind Kane would see us have one half chance in a full 90 minutes. "

When I gave you my reasoning Dembele and Mason has hardly been used as an AM and if played there would be as effective as Lamela you said:

"You really are an idiot. Are you honestly so arrogant as to decide that Dembele, a 28 year old player, who many coaches have seen week in and week out in training, a lot more than you, have less of an idea how to use him than you do? Honestly. Do me a favour, get your coaching badges and fail miserably because you really don't have a fucking scooby what you are talking about.

You can guarantee that Dembele will score more as an attacker than Lamela? Dembele played primarily as a striker/attacking midfielder when he was at Fulham. For Fulham he made 62 appearances and scored 5 goals.

Let that sink in and stop being such a fucking idiot"

So currently is it a little bit rich of your to make fun of what I think would be a good lineup.
Why? The line-up against West Ham wasn't near the one you suggested there

??? Take what I say seriously?

Give me a reason why you think I am wrong that Eriksen can't play a free role...

You are just trying to twist me claiming Alli and Dembele are better at tracking into...some...point.

What is your problem with it: Does a free role mean he's not allowed to attempt to intercept if a West Ham player passes it near him? Does it mean he's not allowed to tackle if he's close to the opposition? NO!! You are all going hyper literal and it's hilarious.

You all ban me if Dembele scores, and now you are forming my opinion into some sort of fake fantasy position. haha

Eriksen when the OPPOSITION has the ball is not as sharp as most of the team. That does not mean he's fucking useless.

Keep circling your wagons. Yet again, on the pitch I was proven right. Alli as an advanced midfielder made us every bit as creative as Lamela would have, and made us stronger in other areas.

GTOG.

He brought Eriksen into the game like I claimed. And Son was running riot.

Balance.
You just don't get it, do you? You can't have one not pressing in a pressing system, it all falls to pieces. Pressing isn't just winning the ball back, it's also forcing the opposition into bad decision, not giving them time on the ball and making them pass sideways. Just look at Barcelona, by your logic their pressing is poor because their players are physically weak, yet they probably have one of the best pressing teams in the world

You're right gibbs. I can't believe I'm saying this. But you're actually right.

:walkercry:

You only got sin binned because dembele scored. And for that I hope I'm wrong and he scores 30 just so we don't need to listen to your shit anymore.

:dembelefingers:

Me too. But you will all hear what I have to say anyway, what with you all pouring over every word of my blog. It's handy because I have lots of spell checkers all working away for me.

I think you all need to stop pretending you think I'm a troll, stop pretending everything I claim is the stupidest thing you ever heard and eat some crow. After all, you are the who's who of the Dembele and Mason shit talkers. Look at them now. No wonder you all cling together. It must ruin the game for you a little, seeing Mason play a blinder and Dembele score of get MOTM awards. Calling me all the cunts going for thinking Mason and Dembele can do a job with Eriksen and Kane, then watching them look like killers....man

Poor old Wiki was having a nervous breakdown about Lev when the window closed. I started a thread about how awesome we would be with Alli and co.

Look at us now. Last year it was tiny dancer gate. This year it's the Chinese year of the Gibbon. You should get back in the transfer thread or the toilet. Your baiting is so obvious. You would be laughing your ass off at me if Dembele was dropped and someone else saved our bacon.

Imagine if Davies played shit etc after all our back and forth...You would be doing a snoopy dance.

When Alli came off, it was indeed Mason, Kane, Eriksen and Dembele in the mix like I suggested before being ABUSED, BINNED AND PILED ON. Even though Son had faded, we looked fucking amazing. I thought of you when Mason hit the post. I was FUCKING GUTTED it didn't go in because that would have been some egg on your face after claiming that combo would not create anything.

Calling me everything under the sun for suggesting that style lineup was stupid? That is the problem with mob culture of the forum toilet, you get away with posting hateful shit/abuse of a Spurs fan, but it's me that get's binned because why? I answer questions and I don't kiss your ass for talking shit about Davies and Dembele? Which one of you created a meme making fun of Dembele and his scoring record? Which one of your lot were claiming Alli was not suited for the final third because of over elaborating in the Europa?

It's rich that you of all people continue to bait and scoff at me. All I have to do is throw back your football opinions at you. I don't even have to call you names to enrage you/cause you to chase me around forums.

Last edited:
Just look at Barcelona, by your logic their pressing is poor because their players are physically weak, yet they probably have one of the best pressing teams in the world

By the way...I've noticed a trend, if there is an argument like, I think Eriksen should be given more of an attacking role and spend less time zonally in our defensive third: People bring up Barcelona. If Barca are not top, they bring up Real.

If you want to bring up any other multi billion pound teams to prove me wrong, please feel free.

Lets not mention that after tax, one of their players earns 250,000 quid a week in wages. That's just basic wages for one player.

Players are individual snowflakes. Thinking Eriksen should be moved further forward is not a big deal. Esp since I've already said I don't mind if he continues his current role.

You still don't seem to grasp that nobody has a problem with mason and dembele. They just know they aren't good choices for our attacking 4 when they are fit.

You constantly miss the point because you're too arrogant to actually remember what the argument was about.

All I'm going to say is fuck off with your tiny dancers bullshit already. This is football, not rugby or American football. One of the best teams in recent years was the Barcelona team of 2010/11 where their only big players were valdes, pique, abidal and busquets.

As for your everyone always targeting you? That's a load of shit as well. You make yourself a target and then whine when people disagree with you. You're suggesting playing two defensive wingers so we don't concede. Of course everyone will take offense to that, we want to watch an attractive team. Not gibbsys team of pulis style players.

Me too. But you will all hear what I have to say anyway, what with you all pouring over every word of my blog. It's handy because I have lots of spell checkers all working away for me.

I think you all need to stop pretending you think I'm a troll, stop pretending everything I claim is the stupidest thing you ever heard and eat some crow. After all, you are the who's who of the Dembele and Mason shit talkers. Look at them now. No wonder you all cling together. It must ruin the game for you a little, seeing Mason play a blinder and Dembele score of get MOTM awards. Calling me all the cunts going for thinking Mason and Dembele can do a job with Eriksen and Kane, then watching them look

Poor old Wiki was having a nervous breakdown about Lev when the window closed. I started a thread about how awesome we would be with Alli and co.

Look at us now. Last year it was tiny dancer gate. This year it's the Chinese year of the Gibbon. You should get back in the transfer thread or the toilet. Your baiting is so obvious. You would be laughing your ass off at me if Dembele was dropped and someone else saved our bacon.

Imagine if Davies played shit etc after all our back and forth...You would be doing a snoopy dance.

When Alli came off, it was indeed Mason, Kane, Eriksen and Dembele in the mix like I suggested before being ABUSED, BINNED AND PILED ON. Even though Son had faded, we looked fucking amazing. I thought of you when Mason hit the post. I was FUCKING GUTTED it didn't go in because that would have been some egg on your face after claiming that combo would not create anything.

Calling me everything under the sun for suggesting that style lineup was stupid? That is the problem with mob culture of the forum toilet, you get away with posting hateful shit/abuse of a Spurs fan, but it's me that get's binned because why? I answer questions and I don't kiss your ass for talking shit about Davies and Dembele? Which one of you created a meme making fun of Dembele and his scoring record? Which one of your lot were claiming Alli was not suited for the final third because of over elaborating in the Europa?

It's rich that you of all people continue to bait and scoff at me. All I have to do is throw back your football opinions at you. I don't even have to call you names to enrage you/cause you to chase me around forums.

So you were watching Spurs and you were 'gutted' when Mason didn't score because it would have made a forum member look bad? (in your opinion). I think that's pathetic, and you're certainly watching football for the wrong reasons.

By the way...I've noticed a trend, if there is an argument like, I think Eriksen should be given more of an attacking role and spend less time zonally in our defensive third: People bring up Barcelona. If Barca are not top, they bring up Real.

If you want to bring up any other multi billion pound teams to prove me wrong, please feel free.

Lets not mention that after tax, one of their players earns 250,000 quid a week in wages. That's just basic wages for one player.

Players are individual snowflakes. Thinking Eriksen should be moved further forward is not a big deal. Esp since I've already said I don't mind if he continues his current role.

Shit post, now maybe try answering his question. Are Barcelona bad at pressing because of their team of "tiny dancers"?

Edit: I can't stress enough. This is a yes or no question. Don't get caught up in some tangent I don't give a fuck about.

Last edited:
Aahhh, my cuticles smell of rosemary, pass the painkillers and lick the green coloured toilet seats.

Vomit ad verbatim, vomit ad verbitim.

This is the testy episode of Hollyoaks that these little gibbs exchanges always remind me of. Let's keep it up, the real show isn't on for another few minutes.

Your lack of reading comprehension skills is baffling. I do not think Eriksen would flounder in a free role. I DO, however, find it entirely questionable that you claim Eriksen is unintelligent off the ball but want him in a free role.

The two things you are saying DO NOT make sense together. YOU are saying two very, very contradictory things.

I haven't mentioned Alli or Dembele so I have no idea what you're trying to insinuate.

Yet again, on the pitch I was proven right.

What, after the fact? What about your claims that Dembele is wasted as a deeper midfielder? Seemed to do pretty fine there against the spammers. The funny thing is, no one here thinks Alli isn't a good option at AM... you're just screaming your opinion at a bunch of people who recognize the obvious...

You still don't seem to grasp that nobody has a problem with mason and dembele. They just know they aren't good choices for our attacking 4 when they are fit.

Obviously once the dust has settled. I get that a lot. Nobody wanted Lennon, Soldado and Townsend to start after the dust had settled, but that did not delete the year of tiny dancer scoff's and lineups FULL of these players.

How can you say that nobody had a problem with that, after I just quoted your having a problem with it before the fact?

After the fact, yes it would be stupid to claim anything else regarding that lineup I suggested. Back then you said:

"TheJockmur: "The lack of creativity behind Kane would see us have one half chance in a full 90 minutes."

This is the sort of thing that happens when you have the forum toilet championing everything you say, patting you on the back constantly REGARDLESS of comment/content.

If nobody had a problem with it, why were there meme's from you lot regarding Dembele's lack of goals? If you go out of your way to go to a meme creator to take the piss out of Dembele's goal scoring chances...You have a problem with it.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Fuck off back to the bin you worthless gooner maggot
hey ArcspacE ArcspacE why don't you piss off instead arsehole.

yeah gibsy can be a div, he sent me crazy over Rose. But the points he is making here are hardly controversial and would not get such a fusillade of wanky hate if said by anyone else.

He's done his time. let it go. If he acts the maggot again, then have a go, but this abuse over a realitavly minor point just make you look a proper dipstick

Last edited:
After all, you are the who's who of the Dembele and Mason shit talkers. Look at them now. No wonder you all cling together. It must ruin the game for you a little, seeing Mason play a blinder and Dembele score of get MOTM awards.

Oh, yeah.. as a Spurs fan it's absolutely heartbreaking to see our players do well.

:pochfacepalm:

Careful, Gibbs.. you're turning our football discussion into something else entirely. Again.

Keep it football, he said. Keep it football, he demanded. Keep it football, he never did.

That thread and your bit about us feeling 'ruined' watching Mason and Demebele do well is basically a short thesis on why you're opinions are discredited by the way -- it isn't about football or Spurs for you, it's about being 'right.' Not one of us watches the game and thinks about you or hopes one of the players you tout does poorly -- based on your posts, however, it's completely obvious your personal vendettas are all you think about when it comes to Spurs.

Please stop claiming to love Spurs, it's painfully obvious you only love yourself and this weird little forum victim identity you've created.

I think you all need to stop pretending you think I'm a troll, stop pretending everything I claim is the stupidest thing you ever heard and eat some crow. After all, you are the who's who of the Dembele and Mason shit talkers. Look at them now. No wonder you all cling together. It must ruin the game for you a little, seeing Mason play a blinder and Dembele score of get MOTM awards. Calling me all the cunts going for thinking Mason and Dembele can do a job with Eriksen and Kane, then watching them look like killers....man

I don't think you're a troll. But I could suspect that you're a bit mentally unwell, however.
Why else would anyone use years of their life on different forums, getting banned from everyone of them, but still not listen to the critique they receive?

I will give you some very honest and heartfelt advice. I hope you will then understand that people aren't slating you for your opinion, but for your way of expressing them. If you want me to further elaborate on my point, feel free to say to.

Most people have always backed Dembele, Lamela etc. etc. They react to your posts in a very negative way because you're the only one who has the need to yell "LOOK WHAT I SAID" in EVERY. GOD. DAMN. POST.

Just because people call you a cunt because of that doesn't mean they don't rate our players.

I for one have always backed Dembele. You can have some quotes from older threads:
“Dembele is a major presence in midfield”
“Dembele is currently the best footballer in our starting 11. Grossly underrated by Poch and a lot of our fanbase last season.”

So, even if I agree very much with you that Dembele is class; that we should have used him more; and that the (few) people in here who wanted to sell him were very wrong, I will still just call you out for being an obnoxious asshole, instead of expressing that I agree with you.

If you could have a debate without using sentences like "I told you that..." or "like I said...", people would actually be willing to discuss it with you instead of cunting you off.

And you know what? That is transferable to real life as well.

After the fact, yes it would be stupid to claim anything else regarding that lineup I suggested. Back then you said:

"TheJockmur: "The lack of creativity behind Kane would see us have one half chance in a full 90 minutes."

Here is why I have said that the lack of creativity would be crippling if we had Mason and Dembele in our attacking three behind Kane. I've used league statistics for this because it seemed most relevant.

In 4 starts and 5 sub appearances (434 minutes), Ryan Mason has averaged less than one chance created a game with 0 assists and 1 goal.
In 9 Starts and 1 sub appearance (704 minutes) Dembele has averaged 1 chance created a game, with 2 goals and 0 assists.
In 8 Starts 3 Sub appearances (709 minutes) Erik Lamela has created 2.4 chances per game, scored 2, assisted 3.
In 9 starts and 1 sub appearance (812 minutes), Christian Eriksen has created an average of 3.2 chances a game with 2 goals and 5 assists.
In 9 Starts and 3 sub appearances (834 minutes), Dele Alli has created an average of 1 chance a game, with 2 goals and 1 assist.
in 8 Starts and 1 sub appearance, (632 minutes) Nacer Chadli has an average of 1.9 chances created with 1 goal and 1 assist.

I won't discuss Son or N'Jie who I feel are the other options there because I still feel they are both settling in. However Son has created an average of 1 chance a game and N'Jie has created an average of 0.4 per game.

How you can argue that they won't create less than likes of Eriksen, Lamela and Son is absurd. This is the point I made before. And it's the point I stand by now.

Back
Top Bottom