Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, it happens very often that young players gets overhyped after friendlies where they show some promising stuff. People are not as critical in their reviews of youngsters, and fails to see all their mistakes and shortcommings.

In my opinion we've seen a bit of that with Oduwa and Onomah. They have both been excellent, and some have talked about them as if they should be in the starting eleven.

The thing is though, in my opinion, that they have shown that there is still a lot of work left. Both seems to lack some maturity in their game, and in particular that killer instinct in or near the box, the ability to make the right, goal threatening choice in the final third. They are not ready for the first team quite yet.

The thing with Alli though, is that I can't really see any obvious weak areas in his game. He looks to be mature as a player, to have what he needs to go in and not only play well for us - but to be a dominating player, that will have a very positive affect on our game. A young player that isn't just good on the ball and physically fit, but one who understands the game of football.

He is a serious continues for a starting spot, in my opinion, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was named for the opening game.

What's impressive is that Alli isn't even a particularly flashy player. It's just like "Oh, he can nutmeg Real Madrid players as well?". It's not what makes him. He's not like Taarabt whos flashy skills is all he has.

Signing Alli was a coup. He had eyes on him from every big club in England and I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was scouted by the big boys on the continent as well.

This boy is....

giphy.gif

Regardless of speculation over Lamela. This Kid needs to start against Leicester. I think he'll give their full back Nightmares as opposed to Lamela who will just pass him the ball.

Shows how fucking embarrassing our attacking is.

Leicester have 7 people back, we have 3 forward. If it wasn't for Ali it would be the usual "Lets aim at one target in the box" routine we always have. Ridiculous.
If Barcelona didn't have Messi, they'd be 60+ goals short every season...

But, oh wait...they DO have Messi!

What a strange argument. IF Alli wasn't there....IF Chadli wasn't there Alli would've had no one to cross him the ball! IF Peter Schmeichel didn't blow his load in his missus, Alli would've had an open goal.

Bizarre mate.

If Barcelona didn't have Messi, they'd be 60+ goals short every season...

But, oh wait...they DO have Messi!

What a strange argument. IF Alli wasn't there....IF Chadli wasn't there Alli would've had no one to cross him the ball! IF Peter Schmeichel didn't blow his load in his missus, Alli would've had an open goal.

Bizarre mate.

The point is, people don't make runs into the box. The only reason Deli does is because he's not been drained of all life and intelligence yet.

The point isn't that he could or couldn't have been there, but that we play with 4 attacking players and yet it was a striker and CM in the box. Where was everyone? No one ever gets in the box.

Where was everyone?
Well, I'm not sure Lamela knows what country he's in, let alone where he is on the pitch. As for Eriksen, I guess he hangs around the edge as he's not much use in the air and it a danger from 20/25 yards.

I agree it's frustrating, but our formation kind of dictates we won't have much support in the box.

For me, 4-2-3-1 can kindly fuck off. I used to love it, but it just seems to stifle our ability to play beautiful football, regardless of the result.

Back
Top Bottom