Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks better than Mason already. In central midfield anyway. I still think Mason is better suited further forward.

What I liked most about Alli is that he always wanted the ball. An air of confidence which is no surprise considering the year he's had.

Wasn't Mason originally a more attacking player? If so, he might be given greater license to go forward should Alli or whoever else be brought in to sit deeper.

Clearly he has a shot on him but even he has said he would like to get amongst the goals more.

Wasn't Mason originally a more attacking player? If so, he might be given greater license to go forward should Alli or whoever else be brought in to sit deeper.

Clearly he has a shot on him but even he has said he would like to get amongst the goals more.

Yeah, Mason was further forward in his younger days and was a good goalscorer. He's anything but a central midfielder.

Yeah, Mason was further forward in his younger days and was a good goalscorer. He's anything but a central midfielder.

I wouldn't go as far to say "he's anything but a central midfielder" because he actually did play very well for the majority of the time, last season. But I can definitely see him playing a more attacking role, keeping Eriksen on his toes, Mason shows similar qualities to Adam Lallana.

I wouldn't go as far to say "he's anything but a central midfielder" because he actually did play very well for the majority of the time, last season. But I can definitely see him playing a more attacking role, keeping Eriksen on his toes, Mason shows similar qualities to Adam Lallana.

Certainly an exaggeration by saying he's not a central midfielder and I think he could be useful in perhaps a 3 man midfield or maybe alongside a solid defensive midfielder but next to Bentaleb, especially not throughout a season, I don't think it'll help us.

I still want to see him a little further forward.

Gotta say, I always thought Mason WAS an AM (in the VdV/Eriksen mould) was surprised to see him break into the first team in such a central position...
I have a feeling now that Alli is here (and Stambouli/Paulinho/Capoue all gone) it will give both if them game time to shine in their favoured positions.
#allgoodinmybook

I said when he signed it'd be stupid to send him on loan. You don't send talent like that on loan when he's built for the league and capable of scoring goals.

I wonder how many would still want to send him on loan. I didn't realise how good he was. You'd usually be amazed by Alli because of his goals but he has so much more then that. Delicate touch, good range of passing and of course we know how good he is at finishing.

Definitely deserves a start against Man Utd. Just keep Dier away from him.

We have a gem here. He's a very likable and exciting player.
United away is probably a tad too soon, but he's definitely gonna be a starter rather soon, imo.

We have a gem here. He's a very likable and exciting player.
United away is probably a tad too soon, but he's definitely gonna be a starter rather soon, imo.

I think I'd start him at Old Trafford. Assuming Mason is going to be rusty, I don't see much of an alternative. To give a little extra cover, I guess I'd start Dembele as a nominal CAM. But based on what I've seen, Alli has earned a start.

And remember, Poch is not afraid to use youth from the get go. He put faith in Eric Dier in the first game last year at Upton Park and that obviously paid off handsomely.
:dier:

I can't remember being this excited about a player than this. Physically he's got it and will keep developing, constantly passes forward and looks to drive at players, he tackles, last year his goal and assist return shows he's got that dude to his game more than covered.

Would I want him starting vs United. Yes I fucking would

Looked good yesterday. I'm excited to see how he develops. I'm confused though, as yesterday he seemed a bit afraid to get a shot away. Seemed to be in some really promising situations and then looked for a team mate. I'd hope in a competitive match he backs himself a bit more in those situations.

Looked good yesterday. I'm excited to see how he develops. I'm confused though, as yesterday he seemed a bit afraid to get a shot away. Seemed to be in some really promising situations and then looked for a team mate. I'd hope in a competitive match he backs himself a bit more in those situations.
Must admit. don't remember much goalscoring opportunities for him. After watching the above video that confirms my thoughts. Unless of course that is just a video of his best touches as opposed to all of them.

It did. But lets not forget he only moved to right back because Naughton was sent off about about 10 minutes, nothing to do with tactical genius.
True. But didn't Dier start the match as a center back? (I may be wrong about that.) What was he 19, maybe 20 years old? With the club for a few weeks and starting the first game of the season in a hostile environment. Told me a lot about Pochettino.

True. But didn't Dier start the match as a center back? (I may be wrong about that.) What was he 19, maybe 20 years old? With the club for a few weeks and starting the first game of the season in a hostile environment. Told me a lot about Pochettino.

Yeah he did. I get your point don't worry. I think if Dele doesn't start today...he's in on Saturday. I only saw the first half yesterday but boy he looked good.

Back
Top Bottom