Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs a loan this season get him back at MK for a year and then have a look next summer? We have a stacked midfield and why hinder a players development by holding him back on our bench, he looks awesome but its a big step up from league 1 to say the least...
A year in the championship would be his best option as i dont see any premier league teams taking him on loan.

I'd say our midfield is appearing less stacked now, as we've sold two of them (perhaps three, depending on Stambouli).

Leaves us with:

Mason
Bentaleb
Dembele
Carroll
Alli
Winks

The last two being unproven in the PL. It seems we'll be targeting a signing for the midfield position, a real defensive midfielder which is something that none of our squad is capable of doing.

Yeah i guess we have sold a couple but even if Stambouli stays he would be in there ahead of Alli. Carrol deserves a shot this year hes done his time on loan and has improved ten fold, Alli should do the same. I like Mason a lot he showed so much passion last year and put himself about a real battler not the greatest going forward but he has legs and drives the team forward at times when we look so stale and flat. Benteleb is our best centre mid has it all but it so restricted by his defensive responsibilities. Dembele was great playing off of clint Dempsey at fulham but we have tried to water him down into a DM and it has killed him. So yeah a CDM is definitely a priority weather we sign Toby Alderwiereld or not...
Back to Alli though i dont think he is ready to play for us just yet, even if he is in the cup team and plays thursday nights i still think playing week in week out even at a lower level would be much better for him than playing here and there in the cup.

I'd say our midfield is appearing less stacked now, as we've sold two of them (perhaps three, depending on Stambouli).

Leaves us with:

Mason
Bentaleb
Dembele
Carroll
Alli
Winks

The last two being unproven in the PL. It seems we'll be targeting a signing for the midfield position, a real defensive midfielder which is something that none of our squad is capable of doing.

CDM: Veljkovic + New chap

CM: Bentaleb / Ali / Mason (Carroll Maybe?)

AMR: Lamela + New chap (Townsend maybe?)

AMC: Eriksen / Dembele

AML: Chadli / Pritchard

Winks + Onomah to be in and around?

At some point in our 'as yet un-tested talent buying history' one of these young, lower league prodigies has to be the real deal...
Am I being presumptuous, predictable and Spursy by starting to think it could be Dele Alli?

Has the ox reach his potential and play week in week out now? OR is his career stalling because he hasn't developed much since then?
An England international who has been hurt by injuries.

I simply don't want Alli going out on loan. Winks? Onomah? Sure. They've hardly played any competitive games at a decent level and experience would be good for them. Alli however could quite easily start 10+ games this season and play in over 30.

Unless we can loan him to a mid table Prem club, don't bother.

CDM: Veljkovic + New chap

CM: Bentaleb / Ali / Mason (Carroll Maybe?)

AMR: Lamela + New chap (Townsend maybe?)

AMC: Eriksen / Dembele

AML: Chadli / Pritchard

Winks + Onomah to be in and around?

That's really asking a lot from our youngsters. The best way to develop young talent is to throw them in with experienced players, not throw them all in at once.

Mistakes will be made. We would have to lower our season goals significantly playing that squad.

That's really asking a lot from our youngsters. The best way to develop young talent is to throw them in with experienced players, not throw them all in at once.

Mistakes will be made. We would have to lower our season goals significantly playing that squad.

I 100% agree, but who else do you see for experience though for the midfield? Unless we are signing them there is no one...

Capoue / Paulinho gone.. Stambouli looks next on the list.

I 100% agree, but who else do you see for experience though for the midfield? Unless we are signing them there is no one...

Capoue / Paulinho gone.. Stambouli looks next on the list.

I would like to believe that we are still going to bring in an CM/CDM with some experience.

I also think Carroll will be sold.

Interesting comments from Dier about Alli, may be the kid is going to push for a place.

"Dele Alli and Nabil Bentaleb have been really impressive in the endurance running. Everyone knew about Nabil but Dele seems to be getting close to him so it’s been interesting! He's put up a good test!"

Last edited:
Interesting comments from Dier about Alle, may be the kid is going to push for a place.

"Dele Alli and Nabil Bentaleb have been really impressive in the endurance running. Everyone knew about Nabil but Dele seems to be getting close to him so it’s been interesting! He's put up a good test!"

My confidence in Dele Alli's ability to come in and play already is growing, he seems like a really determined and mature young man as well.

...and I'm still trying my hardest to find out who whe reminds me of, his face is so incredibly similar to someone. It's driving my crazy!

Back
Top Bottom