Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Carroll isn't anywhere near their level, nor the level of midfielders needed to compete with them. Sorry to say. Everyone loves a homegrown player in the side and we have plenty in and coming through. Carroll is just not good enough. To accommodate him just because he's homegrown seems silly.

Do you really ever see Tom Carroll influencing a CL game? I see Nabil or Ryan doing it. Not Tom.

Yeh had high hopes for Carroll at one point but doesn't seem to be able to control the midfield when I have watched him. Pritchard has been ripping up the Championship and Alli has been making waves so maybe they might make it.

But Carroll isn't anywhere near their level, nor the level of midfielders needed to compete with them. Sorry to say. Everyone loves a homegrown player in the side and we have plenty in and coming through. Carroll is just not good enough. To accommodate him just because he's homegrown seems silly.

Do you really ever see Tom Carroll influencing a CL game? I see Nabil or Ryan doing it. Not Tom.

Everyone was blowing smoke up carrolls arse a season or two ago and saying kane would never make it

Everyone was blowing smoke up carrolls arse a season or two ago and saying kane would never make it
Indeed. Funny how the world goes round.

Difference here is, Carroll's had a decent amount of games in the Prem to judge his ability in comparison. Looks a neat and tidy player, who reminds me of Joe Allen when he was there. Just not got enough about him to make it here. When you see the all around ability of Nabil, that is the kind of youngster we want.

I'm also thinking of Tom here, I do believe he is a Prem quality player, but from 8-20 rather than top 6. Nothing to sneeze at that, but I want to see him playing and thriving, not wasting away on our bench.

And were wrong about both. It's very hard to gauge youth prospects though. Some sure fire stars fizzle out, while under-rated or forgotten players shine.

Connor Wickam was supposed to be the next big thing, and has never delivered on the hype. We all wanted a Luka Modric-replacement, and many thought Carroll was going to be that guy. It doesn't appear he will be, and we might not be playing in a way that suits that kind of player anyway, since Pochettino seems to prefer central midfielders who play like rabid wolves.

And were wrong about both. It's very hard to gauge youth prospects though. Some sure fire stars fizzle out, while under-rated or forgotten players shine.

Connor Wickam was supposed to be the next big thing, and has never delivered on the hype. We all wanted a Luka Modric-replacement, and many thought Carroll was going to be that guy. It doesn't appear he will be, and we might not be playing in a way that suits that kind of player anyway, since Pochettino seems to prefer central midfielders who play like rabid wolves.

You think they'd learn after Owen Price, Jonathon Blondel & Jonny Bostock etc.

Wonder what Freddy Adu is doing these days........

You think they'd learn after Owen Price, Jonathon Blondel & Jonny Bostock etc.

Wonder what Freddy Adu is doing these days........
We have a media addicted to building hype. After they ran out of grown adults, they settled in inflating expectations for youth. It makes no sense, but we all know that making sense has nothing to do with what sports media is about.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
But yes, in all seriousness, he'll probably end up being loaned out to Q.P.R for the rest of his life....
I was just living the dream for a minute or so... let me dream will you??

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
But yes, in all seriousness, he'll probably end up being loaned out to Q.P.R for the rest of his life....
I was just living the dream for a minute or so... let me dream will you??
images

Shows what a strong mentality and an aggressive attitude does for you, since very few would suggest that Mason is a better footballer per se than Carroll.

Feel sad that Carroll is getting stick because he's not Kane or mason.
An academy product is looking half decent in a premier league side. A few years ago, we'd have been all over that and fully behind him. We've been spoilt by our current lot.
So he's not making as big an impact, he's still one of ours. I remember pinning my hopes on the likes of Jamie Slabber and Yannick Kamanan

Still think it's too early to write off Carroll: age is a good barometer but in terms of physical development he's behind Bentalab or Alli so if he gets to 23/24 having grown a bit more he could yet be a real star.

With Alli, lots have been talking about loaning him back to MK if they get promoted. I don't see the issue with giving him a season with a lesser PL side such as Swansea, Newcastle or Liverpool. See how he cuts it.

With Alli, lots have been talking about loaning him back to MK if they get promoted. I don't see the issue with giving him a season with a lesser PL side such as Swansea, Newcastle or Liverpool. See how he cuts it.

He'll be 19 next season. Going from League One to Premier League is a huge step up and this could just put pressure on him; he will have more media attention on him than ever before. If he's going to be in the premier league, I'd rather it was playing for us so we can protect and guide him a bit more.

Going back to MKD lets him stay in a familiar place and feel settled, while also facing better opponents than this year. There's no harm in him developing in the lower leagues and no necessary benefit from him playing in the premier league; if anything it could ruin his confidence and optimism. He's obviously come on leaps and bounds from last year, despite playing in L1 both times. Game time and feel comfortable is the only thing that matters at the moment.

Indeed. Funny how the world goes round.

Difference here is, Carroll's had a decent amount of games in the Prem to judge his ability in comparison. Looks a neat and tidy player, who reminds me of Joe Allen when he was there. Just not got enough about him to make it here. When you see the all around ability of Nabil, that is the kind of youngster we want.

I'm also thinking of Tom here, I do believe he is a Prem quality player, but from 8-20 rather than top 6. Nothing to sneeze at that, but I want to see him playing and thriving, not wasting away on our bench.

You can have a lot of games but if the person telling you what to do is shit then there's very little hope. Don't forget Carroll was impressive for a period with the England U21s.

Back
Top Bottom