Defoe: Thank you for the memories

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amen didn't think his style contributed enough to make us a top club but can't fault his service, hope he enjoys the next few years, a fans fav and good memories.

The 5 against Wigan is my fondest memory of him. That was absolutely brilliant. I seem to remember he probably should have had 8 or 9 mind, but that's just the way it goes.

The guy is unlucky you know...I mean, consider that he missed out on our cup win havign played most the matches to get us tot he final before joining portsmouth, and then being cup tied so couldnt play for pompey in their FA Cup final win. proper spursy that.

Who's gonna inherit the "....he's a Yiddo" song now??
A few contenders I can think of;

Paulin-hio... he's a Yiddo??
Sol-da-do... he's a Yiddo?
Ceballos... he's a Yiddo??

Gallifuoco... he's a Yiddo?? (in a few years maybe...)
Heurelh-eo... he's... nah!

Hope he has a lot of fun in Toronto and can spend more time in St. Lucia with his family too. Top bloke, awesome when on form, was lucky enough to be at the 9-1 game too... lots of corkers against the spam. JD will always be a Tottenham legend in my eyes.

Top European goal scorer of all time. 5th top goal scorer of all time. Club legend bro, whether we like it or not.
I appreciate the arguments for. But he'll never be on the echelon of a Blanchflower, Greaves, King, Perryman, Nicholson, Rowe, Gascoigne etc. He's on that rung below with Bale, Sheringham, Ginola, Waddle, Chivers, Gilzean, Linekar etc. Opinion of course, but I just can't rate him in that top level legend.

Was never one of my favourite players although he did have his highs.
I hated his arrogance that every pass should go to him and should be spot on where he wanted it but that grew on me eventually.

Missed some real vital ones in last 2-3 seasons which was really frustrating.

YIDO and Good Luck

he's had some shit to put up with in the last few years, off the pitch. hope that everything goes really well for him and his family in toronto.

I do like him, but never thought he was good enough to start for us as we progressed up the table as a team and started to fight for European places and domestic honours.

His greed was both an attribute and a hindrance, but he was not close enough to a 'complete striker' to ever make it at the top.

That said, he scored a lot of goals, and some of them wonderful. He has been our most prolific in my generation.

He will always be a Yiddo in my eyes.

The amount of goals he has for us despite being second choice for most of ten or so years he's been with us is astounding. Will miss Jermaine, won't miss every English commentator saying they don't understand why he doesn't start for us because he's a natural goalscorer :bmj: all the best to him. Hopefully Crouch will join up with him soon :crouch:

Back
Top Bottom