DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, he's a fullback, very good at going forward, who can also play in midfield or potentially at RW? And he can't play for England? Sounds like a replacement for a certain Welshman...

If Yedlin were to play in the midfield his ideal role would be like Aaron Lennon in his prime: beat the fullback, get to the touchline and put a cross in. It's quite clear that in our current set up that just isn't how we play. With our three attacking midfield players they rotate around taking turns in the #10 spot and being our creative outlet. Yedlin would never be able to play in a role like that.

Unless we vastly change our current playing style, putting Yedlin as a winger is nonsensical. He'll do tons of attacking from the fullback spot like we saw Pochettino's Southampton do. Our offensive fullback play has just been hampered by having a cautious Naughton and out of position Dier in the RB spot. With Walker and Yedlin out there it will become a substantially more offensive position for us and in Pochettino's system fullbacks basically play the role of a classic winger.

Meant to post this last night, but here is an almost assist by Yedlin as well.
SourSkeletalGoldeneye.gif

He is so reminiscent of Kyle Walker. His blinding pace is an ability of very few players, Walker included. It would be nice if Walker could take him under his wing in the early stages of his career here.

He isn't just pace though. He has a very nice cross and seems like an overall smart player too.

I hope we only use him as a right back to be honest.

The same reason I think Dier should be only played as a CB. We need to bed players into specific roles. Chopping and changing can dilute peoples partnerships and instincts.

Poch on Yedlin

United States right-back DeAndre Yedlin, who agreed to move to White Hart Lane from Seattle Sounders in the summer, could move to London in January, depending on Kyle Walker’s recovery from an abdominal injury.

“We need to know how Walker is recovering to decide (on Yedlin),” Pochettino explained.

“One option is maybe in January (to) bring him here.”

Jozy is at the center of the latest Klinsmann kerfuffle in the US.

I tried watching MLS once... looked like fuckin kickball to me. Granted, this was four years ago so who knows. Still, fairly sure Klinsmann is spot on with his comments. MLS standard of play doesn't hold a candle to the top European leagues, and the top U.S. players are surely capable of catching on with teams in those leagues.

Last edited:
I tried watching MLS once... looked like fuckin kickball to me. Granted, this was four years ago so who knows. Still, fairly sure Klinsmann is spot on with his comments. MLS standard of play doesn't hold a candle to the top European leagues, and the top U.S. players are surely capable of catching on teams in those leagues.

Kickball is a pretty spot on description.

Back
Top Bottom