DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well we could do with him now. Imo just what we need at this moment in time. Would balance out the team and give the opposition much more to worry about than just Rose coming down their right.
He's young and far from the finished article; however, I can see him roasting a few LB's in this league. You just cannot stop pace like that and we need it.

Well we could do with him now. Imo just what we need at this moment in time. Would balance out the team and give the opposition much more to worry about than just Rose coming down their right.
He's young and far from the finished article; however, I can see him roasting a few LB's in this league. You just cannot stop pace like that and we need it.

Play lennon at right back.

Pace is all you need these days.

Great vid, never seen Hazard kept quiet like that. Couldn't get past him, and if he did he couldn't accelerate away without Yedlin recovering instantly.

I was actually hoping that video would have more of his defensive highlights, I remember when watching the game live there were far more examples of him stopping Hazard.

This summer Tottenham Hotspur signed 21 year old Seattle Sounders and USA star DeAndre Yedlin.

The young Seattle Sounders full back played 120 minutes in last night’s 3-1 US Open Cup Final win over Philadelphia Union.

Currently on loan in Seattle until January or June, DeAndre Yedlin showed super speed to halt a Union one-on-one opportunity.

Yedlin showed bionic pace to catch up with the striker and calmly nicked the ball off him in an excellent piece of covering.

Who does he think he is? Ledley King?[/QUOTE]
I was down there last night. Lovely night outside of that wretched result. Yedlin's pace is out of this world. But he still needs to improve in a big way on the 1 v 1 defending front and far from a finished product.

Alas, when we first signed this lad, I was perfectly contented to wait until January (or beyond) to bring him in.
Suppose it's spursy that Walker got injured immediately afterwards/around the same time.

Should be very very interesting to see how Yedlin pushes for the RB spot in January/February considering...

And almost as interesting will be seeing how many Americans flood to the forum when that happens.
:baletroll:

Last edited:
The natural ability is obviously there. He'll need lots of coaching and time to develop. Just like Dier, when you can get a young talented inexperienced player it is a punt because you don't know how they'll develop in a substantially tougher league. Considering both cost under £5m there is almost no losing the punt, even if either doesn't work out it is unlikely we won't be able to recoup their small transfer fees.

The gamble on Dier seems to be successful so far, he has a long way to go but he has shown the ability to be a high level player in a couple of season. Hopefully the same is true of Yedlin. If not, it really isn't a big deal considering the price. It was worth the risk for a player of his natural ability.

Back
Top Bottom