David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
He is the Spursiest candidate other than Michael Laudrup. But notice how Tottenham's got a few weaknesses really but honestly, pick up Laudrup, bring over Michu, get a left a back, and don't sell anyone... it could work, but even if it doesn't just remember it will all eventually come together if we all just have...

...patience

I don't understand why people want to link us to Moyes.

Has Levy not gone through enough managers. If he'd wanted Moyes at any point he's had enough opportunities to do so.
Moyes spent 10 years at Everton doing nothing. Whatever you think of Levy's managerial decisions he's always had the ambition to try and take the club forward (improve the value of ENIC's asset). Moyes is never a Levy option, moreso given his failings at Manchester United.

6 points from 12 games against the current top 6, his record was just as bad at Everton against the top sides. He's not a winner and never will be.

Sherwood's a better option than Moyes at present which is saying something.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/24/totte...s-with-david-moyes-over-manager-role-4707664/
Tottenham ready to open talks with David Moyes over manager role
Jamie Sanderson Thursday 24 Apr 2014 12:42 pm
43 shares
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
ad_132821958-e1398147839518.jpg

Tottenham could hire David Moyes (Picture: Getty)
David Moyes could be set for a quick-fire return to football with Tottenham ready to open talks with him over becoming their next manager.

Moyes, who was sacked by Manchester United this week, was linked with Spurs shortly before he took up the role at Old Trafford.

And despite his reputation-damaging exit from the Red Devils, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is considering making a move for him in the coming weeks.

The club are on the lookout for a new boss, with Tim Sherwood set to depart in the summer, and Levy is said to favour Moyes over other options available.

ay_116918207.jpg

Daniel Levy is a big Moyes fan (Picture: Reuters)
They include Massimiliano Allegri, the former AC Milan boss, and the Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal – who is being tipped to replace Moyes at United.

According to the Evening Standard, the only hurdle to a possible deal with the Scot would be the negative effect on the board, with several senior members said to deeply oppose hiring Moyes.

Spurs are thought to want to have a new manager lined up before the end of the season.

Better just be tabloid bullshit.

Moyes had good points – before United.

But he took a team including RVP, Mata, Rooney from 1st to 7th; how the hell will he take us from 6th to 4th?

AVB was hired after being sacked by a Big Club – if we hire Moyes in similar circumstances (let alone taking in Kolo Toure) it'll show everyone – the Vertonghens, Lloriss, prospective signings – that we are happy with a 'second-tier' club status.

I'd take Laudrup over Moyes any day of the week (after de Boer, of course)

Is Moyes the same as this "Moyles" chap that 50% of the united fans have been moaning about on 606 this season? they couldn't even say his name right!!

I was thinking when Man U sacked him that they should have given him more time, but (a bit like optimusgazza optimusgazza says above), Martinez has had exactly the same amount of time and has moved Everton in the right direction.

Players like Rio, Rooney, Evra, Giggs and RvP will be briefing their international colleagues about Moyes. Will make it very difficult for him to sign top line international players at whatever club he ends up with.

Obviously a lot of talk about Levy shortlisting Moyes now. If this is the case, it's really showing a huge lack of ambition from Levy's part, 2 managers in a row (3 if you're part of the anti-AVB camp) that are clearly below what we can attract.

Anyone know if Levy's ever employed someone in a job and paid their compensation?

Weather LvG was or wasn't a realistic target, at least it was someone who carried some gravitas and weight, Moyes has just ballsed up the league winners, and they didn't even wait until the season was over to sack him. There's no way he'd get us challenging top 4.

We need a manager who will make us believe that we can beat the top sides again. It was there at the start of AVB's reign, but it went all downhill from there. Moyes in his time at Everton never showed that he was capable of delivering results against the top sides. Hope we don't get him.

I reckon he'd be good for Newcastle though.

I voted Moyes, but not because I want him, but because he will suit Levy. I think to many of you have voted depending on your wants, and NOT the likelihood. Moyes matches Levy's requirements perfectly. He spends nothing, does as he is told, and won't let the club down in front of the camera. The fact that he will never win the club anything is of no consequence.

It's my belief that deal is as good as done, and I am rarely wrong

Back
Top Bottom