David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
True, but there's a difference between Manchester United and a bunch of ignorant tossers whoring themselves for a sniff of Abramovic's credit card. Isn't there?

Whoever was to follow Fergie was doomed. I never saw Moyes as the right man for them so have wondered if he was just a patsy to take the fall so the next man actually has a chance...

That's an awfully expensive ruse.
Its all relative. A few million to Utd is pennies to anyone else.

Not even sure its a ruse. I think had he gone in and hit the ground running they would be delighted, if not they get to move on with a clean slate - kind of win/win

article-0-1D41FB2300000578-432_634x664.jpg

Its all relative. A few million to Utd is pennies to anyone else.

Not even sure its a ruse. I think had he gone in and hit the ground running they would be delighted, if not they get to move on with a clean slate - kind of win/win
I get your point, but I also somewhat feel that the next one will have even more pressure on them in some ways. When Fergie left, nobody really expected that the next person in was going to be able to quickly fill his very big shoes. Surprisingly or not, Moyes did worse than people thought he would. Now the expectation is that they are going to not only do slightly better than Moyes did, but that they quickly get the club back to where it was under Fergie.

I get your point, but I also somewhat feel that the next one will have even more pressure on them in some ways. When Fergie left, nobody really expected that the next person in was going to be able to quickly fill his very big shoes. Surprisingly or not, Moyes did worse than people thought he would. Now the expectation is that they are going to not only do slightly better than Moyes did, but that they quickly get the club back to where it was under Fergie.

I think what Moyes has done for them is given them a healthy dose of reality.
Its abundantly clear now that their squad is awful and needs a total over haul, equally that there are a number of clubs well ahead of them.

I think whoever comes next will enjoy a little less pressure/expectation

I think what Moyes has done for them is given them a healthy dose of reality.
Its abundantly clear now that their squad is awful and needs a total over haul, equally that there are a number of clubs well ahead of them.

I think whoever comes next will enjoy a little less pressure/expectation
Oh, I absolutely agree with you there, especially with Vidic nearing his exit. I was actually surprised at the beginning of the season how little people were talking about the squad, but I think that it was purely overshadowed by Moyes. They need a wholesale change in many aspects of that team.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you there, especially with Vidic nearing his exit. I was actually surprised at the beginning of the season how little people were talking about the squad, but I think that it was purely overshadowed by Moyes. They need a wholesale change in many aspects of that team.

The need basically a new midfield and defence. The whole spine is shot.

Which, counter intuitively, could be a benefit to the new man. If he can cherry pick 4 or 5 new signings he could go a long way to setting the team up how he likes.

Past 10 months of my life have been absolute misery because of this man. I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy (ok I would on liverpool, city and leeds) but certainly not Tottenham. Stay wary, mates.

Whoever was to follow Fergie was doomed. I never saw Moyes as the right man for them so have wondered if he was just a patsy to take the fall so the next man actually has a chance...

Still think they should have shown him respect and axed him at the end of the season, if there is to be the scaraficial lamb at least treat the lamb decently before it gets the chop.

Still think they should have shown him respect and axed him at the end of the season, if there is to be the scaraficial lamb at least treat the lamb decently before it gets the chop.
I agree, I find the timing very odd to be honest.

The only thing that makes sense is that they want to get the jump on talking to the next manager?

I can see nothing else to be gained from sacking him now.

Wasn't he chosen by old red nose himself!!

Actually feel quite bad for him now, he did solid work at Everton which a lot of people are over looking now....took over from them when they were in constant relegation battles season in season out and riddled with terrible financial problems (I can recall the likes of Royle, Kendall and Walter Smith in charge, absolute dog shit of the highest order) and over the course of a decade he stabalised the club and turned it into genuine top half team, sure he probably peaked and couldn't take them further but he worked a budget well and unearthed some quality players along the way.

In the end it was obvious to everyone that he was simply a fish out of water at Man U the job was just too big for him and no doubt it's hurt his reputation a lot but I still think he's good mid table manager who could really help a club like Newcastle push on if he were given the chance.

Back
Top Bottom