David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
Moyes being sacked by Man U is the most high=profile managerial sacking I can remember. The level of failure on Moyes' part – whether the players refused to play for him or whatever – is staggering.

If we hire this man, it says to the fans, the Premier League, the players, prospective signings, investors, the world, that we are nothing more than a reject club.

If he is signed, I'll search for the positives but for now I just hope Levy doesn;t risk angering so many people. After the catastrophe of this season, can he handle an even larger furious fan base?

Maybe. Who the fuck's gonna sack him.

Moyes being sacked by Man U is the most high=profile managerial sacking I can remember. The level of failure on Moyes' part – whether the players refused to play for him or whatever – is staggering.

If we hire this man, it says to the fans, the Premier League, the players, prospective signings, investors, the world, that we are nothing more than a reject club.

article-2168094-13E8AB73000005DC-666_634x418.jpg

Man U were Champions 19 points clear last season, Moyes took them to 7th, breaking the club's records for worst performances time and again.

AVB was a young manager with a vision, fired harshly by an idiot club renowned for harshly sacking mangers. He was still young, still had promise, few put too much weight on Abramovich's dismissal.

Moyes is an all-out, bona-fide failure, in the harshest terms.

Man U were Champions 19 points clear last season, Moyes took them to 7th, breaking the club's records for worst performances time and again.

AVB was a young manager with a vision, fired harshly by an idiot club renowned for harshly sacking mangers. He was still young, still had promise, few put too much weight on Abramovich's dismissal.

I wasn't disagreeing with you about whether or not Moyes was a failure at MU, but you seem very concerned that we'd be looked upon as being a "reject club" for picking up Moyes, but we did the exact thing with AVB. The largest talking point when we signed him was that this was his shot at redemption. We all know how this story ends..

AVB had lost the dressing room, and the quality of football was dire, every Chelsea fan was pleased
when he was kicked out. Look what happened after, they were right and he was a failure.

Moyes is boring piss pot that was overrated at Everton and a failure at united. He has only won the division 2 title as a manager. Oh sorry he got knocked out of the preliminary rounds of the CL. So if we need someone who has experience of that than Moyes is our man.
Thankfully he was at united because they lost huge amounts in share price and prize revenue. Now they have to spend 100 million on players as well all with £380m of debt. Thank you Moyes, job well done to every non manure supporter. :adesalute:

For libel reasons I must say this is my opinion that I have every right to express.

I wasn't disagreeing with you about whether or not Moyes was a failure at MU, but you seem very concerned that we'd be looked upon as being a "reject club" for picking up Moyes, but we did the exact thing with AVB. The largest talking point when we signed him was that this was his shot at redemption. We all know how this story ends..

Oh, man this would solidify us as the reject club so hard. Sell our best players, hire their worst managers... our commitment to excellence is unquestionable!

But seriously, if Moyes gets hired.. I.. I just don't know if I can take anymore negativity or negative tactics. If I ever watch a game where we put in 80+ crosses and can't score, I might gouge my eyes out. Seriously, it'd be worse than having to watch a Chelsea-Bayern champions league final.

Thank fuck Levy had his fingers burned when he gave AVB a second chance.
Without that salutary lesson he'd be all over Moyes as we speak. ( #unsavouryimage )

Without reading through this, is there a reason this thread still exists? Is anyone actually arguing in this man's favor against some of the names we've been linked with? I'd take some of my least favorites for the job over this guy, and I was of such an opinion of him before he went to Man U.

Last edited:
How can we even be considering moyes, plays negative football, only has one plan, has just failed at another prem club ( admittedly a stupidly tough job), bottles games against big teams, Avb number 2 in the making. Probably bring felanini along for the ride.

Without reading through this, is there a reason this thread still exists? Is anyone actually arguing in this man's favor against some of the names we've been linked with? I'd take some of my least favorites for the job over this guy, and I was of such an opinion of him before he went to Man U.

I am shocked the poll is not 100% "other manager"

Back
Top Bottom