David Moyes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If LvG was not an option

• Total voters
Does anyone else think this is becoming increasingly likely?

I'm of the school of thought that Sherwood is just a place holder. If, however, we don't get LvG for whatever reason and Moyes leaves Utd, should we get him instead?
I don't think he's the kind of guy Levy would sign, but I believe he'd be a step up from what we've got.
I also think he would have a point to prove and would be a lot better for us than he has been this season.

if he can't get results with most of the squad that won the league last season,i can't imagine what he would do with us. if LVG is not an option my first realistic option would be De Boer

I like Moyes a lot but I've never been a fan of the football his teams played. That's why I was surprised at utd going for him - I appreciate his demeanour and approach being similar to fergie in many ways but fergies teams played proper football.

We could have had him when he still had his reputation in tact at Everton and we opted for AVB instead. If we didn't do it then, it doesn't make sense that we'd do it now. Only would happen in extreme desperation IMO.

moyes.png

Moyes is clearly very limited, so I hope United stick with him, cunts. I can't see him getting the boot, and thus far it's only really the usual internet quote free sites that are running with that angle. I am sure if he was really on the brink the British media would be on it like a tramp on chips.

And no, I don't want him at Spurs, would honestly rather keep Sherwood.

I am a little surprised. I thought Moyes was held in higher esteem around here.
Does everyone think Sherwood is better?

And unless he has a breakdown like AVB I think Moyes will do pretty well at whatever job he lands next.

I am a little surprised. I thought Moyes was held in higher esteem around here.
Does everyone think Sherwood is better?

And unless he has a breakdown like AVB I think Moyes will do pretty well at whatever job he lands next.

A doner kebab would be an upgrade on sherwood but i still dont want my club managed by one

David Moyes: Kevin Sheedy criticises Manchester United boss
Everton academy coach Kevin Sheedy has criticised Manchester United manager David Moyes for his tactics.
Sheedy, who coaches the Everton under-18 side, worked under former Toffees boss Moyes at Goodison Park.
After United's 3-0 defeat by Liverpool on Sunday, Sheedy tweeted: "All of you out there, Moyes was never interested in our youth team or players."
Sheedy also criticised Moyes's tactics, adding: "Punt the ball up to [Marouane] Fellaini - great viewing."
Moyes was Everton manager for 11 years from 2002 until last summer, when he left to replace Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.
Under Moyes's replacement Roberto Martinez, Everton are three points ahead of United in sixth place.
Sheedy, 54, said: "We now have a manager who wants to win games."
Play media
_73617254_mmftbplmnulivmoyes.jpg

Top four a long way off - Moyes
Former Republic of Ireland midfielder Sheedy - who made over 300 league appearances for Everton - later deleted the tweets at the request of the club.
United's league form has left them 12 points adrift of fourth place and Moyes's side are looking increasingly unlikely to secure a Champions League qualification spot.
However, they could still qualify as tournament winners and attacking midfielder Juan Mata called on his Old Trafford team-mates to overcome their 2-0 first leg deficit to Olympiakos of Greece at Old Trafford on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old, who is cup-tied for the Champions League last-16 match, said: "We know the history of this club and its achievements, based on a winning spirit.
"That is what we need to beat Olympiakos and get through in the Champions League."
Former Manchester United Youth team coach Eric Harrison brought through class of '92 that included Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Nicky Butt and Robbie Savage.
And asked if Moyes would hold on to his job, Harrison told BBC Radio's 5 live: "By the skin of his teeth, I would think. They say the buck stops with the manager, I do feel sorry for him.
"When he does his interviews, I'm not saying he looks ill - but he doesn't look right.
"I hope this [bad run] comes to an end against Olympiakos, because that's our only option."

Back
Top Bottom