Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who plays left wing-back? Maybe playing a normal back four with Jan as LB would be better than having a makeshift LWB. 343 may be just 3 at the back but it requires the wingers to come back and defend.

Wimmer in place of Verts in the three, Verts in just ahead? Will be interesting to see how we line up against the Chavs. Unless we stick with the four in defence?

Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Vertonghen.

Wimmer in place of Verts in the three, Verts in just ahead? Will be interesting to see how we line up against the Chavs. Unless we stick with the four in defence?

Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Vertonghen.

Agreed, it will be interesting to see. I reckon Poch will surprise us again as he did against Woolwich. We had injuries that forced his hand last time. Injuries and a suspension this time - I'm confident whatever he does to be honest.

Rose reckons we haven't been good this season, stuck in 3rd gear and playing at just 60%.
Also says it's a positive we are still in touching distance.
Not wrong there is he.
Hopefully the 2nd half of the season sees us improve the sharpness, passing and offensive play.
If we can hit top form going forward and stop unforced errors and be a be more decisive in front of goal it bodes well.
I say the teams above us have all hit top form, most have been inconsistent with it.
Let's hope it happens sooner than later for us as we could probably be a force to be reckoned with.

I like it when they're honest!

Better than all that Spurs Monthly bollocks about we've got a great team, with a great Manager, we're all pulling in the right direction, and the results will come...

...sorry, was reading an old copy from 1993!!

I really think he is one of the most underrated players in the league, not only in our team and among our own supporters. He is fearless, never pulls out of a challenge even though he is often smaller than the other player and is guaranteed to get clattered (makes Son look a pussy, frankly), can tackle well, good positioning, recover if he find himself up the pitch and the team out of position, runs up and down all day long, great control, turns defenders, good passing, very good crossing ability, runs at defenders, can shoot well, frustrates the opposition. He's seriously good. I saw on 365 the other day a London 11 side picked and they didn't pick Rose and I just laughed. He is the best, most complete LB in the league, by a mile. I wonder how many LBs are better than him world football. And he's only 26.

I really think he is one of the most underrated players in the league, not only in our team and among our own supporters. He is fearless, never pulls out of a challenge even though he is often smaller than the other player and is guaranteed to get clattered (makes Son look a pussy, frankly), can tackle well, good positioning, recover if he find himself up the pitch and the team out of position, runs up and down all day long, great control, turns defenders, good passing, very good crossing ability, runs at defenders, can shoot well, frustrates the opposition. He's seriously good. I saw on 365 the other day a London 11 side picked and they didn't pick Rose and I just laughed. He is the best, most complete LB in the league, by a mile. I wonder how many LBs are better than him world football. And he's only 26.

Wasn't he voted by his fellow players across the whole league as the best left back in the league last season? I think he's rated quite highly.

If you judge a player by how much opposing fans hate him, then Danny is very good indeed! It's usually a pretty good barometer tbh. Look how much most people hate Costa - great player.

I suppose the exception that proves the rule is Wilshire. :levylol:

Rose's half volley to Kane which set up Dele in the opening couple of minutes was incredible
His volley cross to Eriksen in the second half was just as good too.

You can tell how good a footballer he is by just watching his goal. The intelligence to dummy and make that run is a sign of how good he is. Finish wasn't bad either.

Back
Top Bottom