Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The club are just as bad, surely they ensure all players have their passport? Would've thought the club would collect them all beforehand.
You'd also think a club the size of man U not to have this problem too , i.e., Rojo. At least we knew why Rose has not got on the plane, i.e., Di Maria.

They probably did collect the passports before the flight and Rose forgot to bring/lost his. I doubt if the club would ask for all passports a week beforehand, like they need all the details to book everyone on the flight.
It's an easily done thing. Footballers are adults. Sometimes adults make mistakes and lose their passports.
Edit: There is also a risk in everyone handing over their passports a few days beforehand. They are personal items. The person charged with looking after them could:
Lose the lot
Share details of them with the media
etc., etc.

Last edited:
Do you need a passport to travel through Europe from England? Would he be able to get to Germany next week?
No, but you need one to get back in.
It takes a while to replace lost passports, you have to have an interview I think. Anyway, the club may be able to do it a bit faster. Seeing as it's only Europe they may issue an emergency travel document in time.

Yeah you need a passport still, there's still issues with certain countries not liking one another.
Germany and all the countries you would need to travel through to get there, if you were doing it that way, are classified as border free Schengen areas. You don't need a passport to go through the borders.

The only European countries you need to show a passport/Id card to travel to and from are Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom.
In theory you could travel by euro tunnel without a passport, if you had an ID card. Seeing as we don't do them and A driving licence is not accepted - but it is for validating your ID in the UK? - you need a passport as it is the only accepted form of ID.
Such is the freedom of movement for UK citizens to other EU nations.

Last edited:
The cold hard truth is Danny Rose has spent the summer watching the A-Team.

His hero is now Mr T. In honour of the gold chain wearing hard man, Rose told the club he "aint getting on no plane."

So underrated ...

CI0026aWoAA2O_6.jpg
Yeah but those are stats, and stats are bollocks....ain't they?

No, but you need one to get back in.
It takes a while to replace lost passports, you have to have an interview I think. Anyway, the club may be able to do it a bit faster. Seeing as it's only Europe they may issue an emergency travel document in time.
I just renewed my passport, and it took a week. I did it by post, and the week includes the time in the post ... they sent the documents back with DHL. So it is very fast as long as the case doesn't have any complications. Renewing a lost passport where the details are already in the system should be very simple.

You can get it done in a day on FastTrack I'd have thought, got mine renewed in a day. Not sure if that goes for lost ones.

Could you imagine if this was in a key Europa League game.

giphy.gif

:levylol: Cheers Danny!! This has deflected their attention away from me signing players again!! Even more so than that West Brom player who didn't turn his head for anthem!!!

Germany and all the countries you would need to travel through to get there, if you were doing it that way, are classified as border free Schengen areas. You don't need a passport to go through the borders.

The only European countries you need to show a passport/Id card to travel to and from are Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom.
In theory you could travel by euro tunnel without a passport, if you had an ID card. Seeing as we don't do them and A driving licence is not accepted - but it is for validating your ID in the UK? - you need a passport as it is the only accepted form of ID.
Such is the freedom of movement for UK citizens to other EU nations.

Interesting, but I've had my passport checked at every single trip I've done, which includes countries such as Germany, Italy, Hungary and Greece... Should I not have had my passport checked? I'm not arguing with you, just curious as to why I had mine checked (and seemingly everyone else I was with).

Interesting, but I've had my passport checked at every single trip I've done, which includes countries such as Germany, Italy, Hungary and Greece... Should I not have had my passport checked? I'm not arguing with you, just curious as to why I had mine checked (and seemingly everyone else I was with).

If you were travelling from the UK to these places, then yes you should have your passport checked. But for example if you fly from Spain to Italy or drive from Germany to France, you will not have your passport checked.

The UK is not in the Schengen arrangement. There are no border controls at all between Schengen countries.

I think the UK and Ireland are the only EU countries outside Schengen. Could be wrong about that though.

Back
Top Bottom