Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's happening to this forum
In short-Sammy. He doesn't know where to draw the line at all. It's almost like he has a fucking devil on his shoulder goading him to type something that is not only controversial, but completely disgraceful. He won't let arguments lie & pollutes every thread with his drum banging about Poch's inadequacies. Nobody minds a difference of opinion. That's the whole point of a forum. It's when it becomes deeply personal & attack minded towards anyone who differs with his agenda that some get fed up & threads get derailed with petty arguments & trading of insults. I've been very guilty of it & will hold up my hands & apologise where I have been in the wrong. :pochbye:

Last edited:
Ah. I see now. Was too busy trying to type a reasonable reply to him on this thread.
Just in the nick of time for me - I was all like this...

Page_1.png

At the risk of butting in, I don't either but then surely the answer is to get a better back three?
Really good point. We need a regular & settled defence to allow players like Rose to get forward & cause damage. The trouble is, with an unsettled defence, we have been caught short too often when an attack breaks down. A midfield enforcer would help us as well. Someone who can play in front of the defence & stick a foot in where & when it matters. As much as I like Mason (another who has shown some great spells this season) I don't think he is an enforcer. I hope that we get some experience into our team this summer. Someone versatile like Milner would be ideal because he has a very sound defensive side to his game.

Really good point. We need a regular & settled defence to allow players like Rose to get forward & cause damage. The trouble is, with an unsettled defence, we have been caught short too often when an attack breaks down. A midfield enforcer would help us as well. Someone who can play in front of the defence & stick a foot in where & when it matters. As much as I like Mason (another who has shown some great spells this season) I don't think he is an enforcer. I hope that we get some experience into our team this summer. Someone versatile like Milner would be ideal because he has a very sound defensive side to his game.
Oi - that was my point by implication. :pochserious:

Oi - that was my point by implication. :pochserious:
Ok, point to Mr Clash too. Sorry! I totally agree that the team doesn't have a specific identity at the moment, & for that we have suffered in the second half of the season. I can't help thinking that had we brought in a couple of Poch's targets in January, we may well have been having different discussions at this stage of the season. Who would you like to see in the defensive line up as a settled line up?

Ok, point to Mr Clash too. Sorry! I totally agree that the team doesn't have a specific identity at the moment, & for that we have suffered in the second half of the season. I can't help thinking that had we brought in a couple of Poch's targets in January, we may well have been having different discussions at this stage of the season. Who would you like to see in the defensive line up as a settled line up?

I don't know enough about other players really. I come on here to read other people's opinions about other players just to keep up, but from what I've seen at Spurs, I'd keep Rose and Dier. I only watch Tottenham these days.

I don't know enough about other players really. I come on here to read other people's opinions about other players just to keep up, but from what I've seen at Spurs, I'd keep Rose and Dier. I only watch Tottenham these days.
I'm a Walker fan myself. He's never really come back from that operation though so perhaps he never will. But he can be/ was one marauding bastard down the right. A couple of flying fullbacks on each flank overlapping is my idea of how football should be played. Width has been lacking for a while now & I remain a bit unsure about inverted wingers- unless it's done with a settled team who are completely at ease with the interchanging then it can look messy & congested. A top notch enforcer in front of the back four would give greater protection when it breaks down-& we need a goalscorer to take the pressure off Harry. But I've been impressed with Danny in recent months & think it would be a very bad idea to sell him.

I'm a Walker fan myself. He's never really come back from that operation though so perhaps he never will. But he can be/ was one marauding bastard down the right. A couple of flying fullbacks on each flank overlapping is my idea of how football should be played. Width has been lacking for a while now & I remain a bit unsure about inverted wingers- unless it's done with a settled team who are completely at ease with the interchanging then it can look messy & congested. A top notch enforcer in front of the back four would give greater protection when it breaks down-& we need a goalscorer to take the pressure off Harry. But I've been impressed with Danny in recent months & think it would be a very bad idea to sell him.
If we play Walker and Rose we need to play 3-5-2 or 3-2-3-2 or whatever. Who those back 3 would be is beyond me. If it's got to be 4-2-3-1 I'm clueless.

It's amazing how much Danny improved this year. Was a consistently outstanding performer throughout the season.

I remember being pretty excited when Davies was bought because I thought he'd relegate the shit LB Rose to the bench. Very glad he made me look foolish.

Or.....it could be that it's bollocks and it's a lie; another Levy ruse. He has refused to travel with the squad & he wants to go to another club. Levy has already done the deal and Spurs official have posted the cover story. We are going to sell Rose imminently.

ps. there is not a sarcastic font.

Back
Top Bottom