Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CCd4QcvWIAAMIxk.png:large

I think Rose was harshly criticized last season. He was part of our defence that kept cleansheets at the beginning of last season. We got battered 6 times last season.

3-0 at home to West Ham - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
6-0 away at Man City - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
5-0 at home to Liverpool - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
5-1 at home to Man City - Rose did play, he was wrongly sent off when we were 0-1 down.
4-0 at home to Chelsea - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
4-0 away at Liverpool - Rose did play.

Last season we kept 14 cleansheets in the league. Rose played in 7 of them and was injured for the rest. I think one error that goes blown way out of proportion when thinking Rose last year was the mistake he made at The Emirates when he tried taking on Rosicky at the half way line when he was last man and was dispossessed. Overall, he wasn't horrific last year. He just wasn't anywhere near as good as this year and he was overtaking crowd favourite Ekotto at left back.

Looks like I'm being summoned again. Just a gentle reminder that Rose let the cross in that caused the loss:

Standing off, giving the crosser all the time in the world = loss vs Villa.

If that cross was made again, I would still select Fazio as the man to defend it. It's probably one of the only two or three headers he's lost in the prem all season. Nobody cares about the source of our softness. Derp in the form of Townsend and Rose is...Well. A loss to Villa.

Can't believe I'm being mocked on the week of a loss to villa. Tiny dancers like Townsend have ruined Kane's goal tally. Just like I predicted in early March. I stated Kanes goals in open play would dry up because of the reintroduction of Townsend. Tiny dancers have fucked our season. Since Towsnend was reintroduced to the first team we were embarrassed by Liverpool (top 4 gone), out of the cup final and out of the Euopra.

I won't get goaded again into coming back. It's just astounding on the week of a loss to Villa at home...People still question my opinion when it comes to our soft Spurs wings.

Looks like I'm being summoned again. Just a gentle reminder that Rose let the cross in that caused the loss:

If that cross was made again, I would still select Fazio as the man to defend it. It's probably one of the only two or three headers he's lost in the prem all season. Nobody cares about the source of our softness. Derp in the form of Townsend and Rose is...Well. A loss to Villa.

Can't believe I'm being mocked on the week of a loss to villa. Tiny dancers like Townsend have ruined Kane's goal tally. Just like I predicted in early March. I stated Kanes goals in open play would dry up because of the reintroduction of Townsend. Tiny dancers have fucked our season. Since Towsnend was reintroduced to the first team we were embarrassed by Liverpool (top 4 gone), out of the cup final and out of the Euopra.

I won't get goaded again into coming back. It's just astounding on the week of a loss to Villa at home...People still question my opinion when it comes to our soft Spurs wings.

Fuck off Gibbs. Rose was waiting for the over-lapping player, getting ready to track him. It was Chadli's job to close down Villa's fullback, and he was nowhere to be seen. No fault of Rose to back off when its 2 on 1.

Edit: Eriksen was on the left wing and made a half-ass attempt to get to the ball, which you can see in the clip. He fucked up and the goal is down to him.

Last edited:
Is it also Rose's fault for the fact that the ball somehow ended up on his side without a single challenge? Not to mention that once Rose "failed to block the cross" you had Fazio missing the ball and Dier marking space. Only a very harsh critic of Rose would blame him at all for that goal.

So Townsend is to blame for the downfall of this season, ok

Was he just rested last weekend? We sorely missed him, I have no doubt if he would have played we would have gotten all three points.

I have been amazed how good he has been this season. Even when we have a shit match, he seems one of the few and sometimes only player as I could point to as having a good match.

Was he just rested last weekend? We sorely missed him, I have no doubt if he would have played we would have gotten all three points.

I have been amazed how good he has been this season. Even when we have a shit match, he seems one of the few and sometimes only player as I could point to as having a good match.

Went off injured against Newcastle late on.

I think Saints success at full back is partly down to Poch (Clyne, Shaw) so hopefully Danny is blooming because of that and when he gets fit and a run of games, Walker can do the same next season.

Back
Top Bottom