Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joe Clash Joe Clash Glad to see you holding up, normally your in a right pissed off state when we lose but you seem more jokey today. Is it the realisation that the season has well and truly come to an end and just might as well accept it?

Just picked a post from a random page from the past (Aug 13):

Danny Rose is not starting eleven quality, end of. Not for us anyway, there are reasons he was Sunderland's best player, the main reason being that he was at Sunderland. It would be a step sideways at best to replace BAE with Rose, probably more of a step back though.

3 agrees and 1 like :baeshock:

Gibbsy - where are you? All your dreams have been crushed into nanofluff fucker. You see? This is what happens when your mind allows itself to reconsider. Kane and Lamela are still shit - just like I said - assists, goals? none of it matters. Self is all.

Danny Rose is not starting eleven quality, end of. Not for us anyway, there are reasons he was Sunderland's best player, the main reason being that he was at Sunderland. It would be a step sideways at best to replace BAE with Rose, probably more of a step back though.

That's a post from when Rose was shite then? Now he's better, so there's a point to this?

Do you get paid a lot to be CEO of Hindsight Plc? Any jobs going?

That's a post from when Rose was shite then? Now he's better, so there's a point to this?

Agree, last season he could not defend, cross and was lazy to boot. The transformation has amazed me this season, fair play to Danny showed character I didn't know he had.

No need to get smarmy.

There's a reason I didn't quote the post as it's not meant to show anyone up; hell, I probably made that same assessment myself then. To me, just a reminder that things, and our view on players, can change pretty drastically in a fairly short time.

No need to get smarmy.

There's a reason I didn't quote the post as it's not meant to show anyone up; hell, I probably made that same assessment myself then. To me, just a reminder that things, and our view on players, can change pretty drastically in a fairly short time.
I'm just busting balls. In a cunty mood. No offence.

No need to get smarmy.

I slated Rose to the smithereens myself last season. Last season Rose, Townsend and Paulinho on the pitch together was too much for me.

To be honest, I'm surprised there were not more agrees. Danny has improved and matured almost beyond recognition this season. The fact that he has improved from 2 years ago - and people then appreciate it is both good and normals? Nothing to see here for me.

I think Rose was harshly criticized last season. He was part of our defence that kept cleansheets at the beginning of last season. We got battered 6 times last season.

3-0 at home to West Ham - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
6-0 away at Man City - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
5-0 at home to Liverpool - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
5-1 at home to Man City - Rose did play, he was wrongly sent off when we were 0-1 down.
4-0 at home to Chelsea - Rose didn't play. (Injured)
4-0 away at Liverpool - Rose did play.

Last season we kept 14 cleansheets in the league. Rose played in 7 of them and was injured for the rest. I think one error that goes blown way out of proportion when thinking Rose last year was the mistake he made at The Emirates when he tried taking on Rosicky at the half way line when he was last man and was dispossessed. Overall, he wasn't horrific last year. He just wasn't anywhere near as good as this year and he was overtaking crowd favourite Ekotto at left back.

Back
Top Bottom