Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just listening to today's Football Weekly podcast...

Phillipe Auclaire (aka: the French Woolwichophile spouting drivel every time he's on) thinks that James Milner is the best left back in the league, and when asked directly if he'd prefer Danny Rose still stated Milner is better.

giphy.gif

5BBWoGt.gif

M2psY.gif

9781447236832Thierry%20Henry.jpg

1grmpo.jpg

I'm not a fan.

Looking back at the first few pages of this thread reminds me of a couple of clueless cunts at the top of the Poch thread...:pochbye:

Let's face it - we know fuck all.

Agreed although some of the performances Rose put in under AVB were truly West Ham level. Shows what a proper coach can do.

Different sport but during the WC with Lancaster I couldn't figure out why we were so bad at the breakdown, I thought it was a lack of a genuine openside but Eddie Jones fixed it in 5 mins.

A good manager won't necessarily win you things but you can't win anything without one. Makes me think about all the years with Gerry Francis, AVB, Santini etc and what a fucking waste the whole thing was.

Last edited:
Pedro rates Spurs man as his toughest PL opponent

Date published: Friday 30th December 2016 8:20

GettyImages.630543948.jpg

Chelsea forward Pedro has named Tottenham left-back Danny Rose as the Premier League player that has surprised him the most since he moved to England.

Pedro, who joined the Blues in August 2015, struggled in his first season at Stamford Bridge with the club finishing in mid-table.

However, the Spaniard has hit the ground running this time around with four goals and five assists in 16 Premier League appearances.

His performances have helped Chelsea on an incredible 12-match winning run which sees them top of the standings and six points clear of nearest rivals Liverpool.

On Chelsea’s winning run, Pedro told The Telegraph in an in-depth interview: “It’s not new for me.”

“But it’s difficult in this league. It’s different here. At Barcelona, it’s normal to win most of the games and sometimes it’s too easy.”

And Matt Law – a writer for The Telegraph – confirmed on Twitter that Pedro had revealed to him that Rose was the toughest opponent he had come up against during his time in England.

He wrote on Twitter: “When I interviewed Pedro last week I asked him which player in the PL surprised him. He said Danny Rose and rates him as toughest opponent.”

When I interviewed Pedro last week I asked him which player in the PL surprised him. He said Danny Rose and rates him as toughest opponent

Rose was brilliant again in Spurs’ 4-1 victory over Southampton on Wednesday, setting up the fourth for Dele Alli to grab his brace.

Tottenham will face Chelsea on January 4 with Rose and Pedro likely to come face-to-face in the London derby.

Even if a massive offer does come in I don't think he'll leave for one reason: his relationship with Pochettino. In an interview with Dele, Dele joked that he's the 'teachers pet' and apparently all the players give him stick for being the 'coaches son.' Rose himself has also said on a number of times how much he owes to the manager and how much he respects him, saying that he's never had a player work individually with him like Pochettino has and that he regularly tells him to go out there with arrogance and be the Marcelo of the Premier League.

In fact, from the outside looking in, it seems that their relationship is so strong that the only way I would see him leaving is if Pochetino went to a mega club and he wanted to take Rose with him.

Old hairy hands, the sexist, what the fuck does he know about football . Just because he watched Coventry as a kid and is a sports presenter his word means anything?
Milner is a utility player, a midfielder all his life who has played on the wing too. How long as he been a left back Ffs, since klopp took over.
What a cunt.

Even if a massive offer does come in I don't think he'll leave for one reason: his relationship with Pochettino. In an interview with Dele, Dele joked that he's the 'teachers pet' and apparently all the players give him stick for being the 'coaches son.' Rose himself has also said on a number of times how much he owes to the manager and how much he respects him, saying that he's never had a player work individually with him like Pochettino has and that he regularly tells him to go out there with arrogance and be the Marcelo of the Premier League.

In fact, from the outside looking in, it seems that their relationship is so strong that the only way I would see him leaving is if Pochetino went to a mega club and he wanted to take Rose with him.
That's really encouraging, I'd heard a few years back that when he arrived from Leeds he had an attitude problem.

That's really encouraging, I'd heard a few years back that when he arrived from Leeds he had an attitude problem.

To be fair, when we got him from Leeds, he was still very young and a raw talent. He's still young now but is now a senior member of the squad. I always thought he would be destined to be remembered for that goal against Woolwich only. Look at him now though he's almost the most complete attacking left wing back.

To be fair, when we got him from Leeds, he was still very young and a raw talent. He's still young now but is now a senior member of the squad. I always thought he would be destined to be remembered for that goal against Woolwich only. Look at him now though he's almost the most complete attacking left wing back.
He is a great example of what a gifted player can become. Big money move at a young age, time taken to get used to new surroundings, hard work & dedication to make the best of his talents. The man is a fantastic player now. Due to good management & sheet hard work. He is a very underrated player & hopefully stays that way to anyone outside of Spurs. He fits perfectly in our team & I don't remember his last bad performance for us.

He is a great example of what a gifted player can become

I'm not sure I'd call Danny Rose "gifted". He was a failed winger who had no where else to go but LB and looked poor until the age of 23-24. Hardly the signs of a wonder kid.

Like you say, he hasn't got where he is through natural talent by any means, but simply by great coaching, incredible work-drive and being level headed. Never in the news, never hear any public fights with team mates, seems to take a more back-seat approach to leadership, but still does communicate, no stupid sponsorship videos or tweets. Just keeps his head down and gets on with the job.

In many ways I'm glad he quit Twitter, even if the reason was a mar our the club - seems to have kept him focused.

I'm not sure I'd call Danny Rose "gifted". He was a failed winger who had no where else to go but LB and looked poor until the age of 23-24. Hardly the signs of a wonder kid.

Like you say, he hasn't got where he is through natural talent by any means, but simply by great coaching, incredible work-drive and being level headed. Never in the news, never hear any public fights with team mates, seems to take a more back-seat approach to leadership, but still does communicate, no stupid sponsorship videos or tweets. Just keeps his head down and gets on with the job.

In many ways I'm glad he quit Twitter, even if the reason was a mar our the club - seems to have kept him focused.
That's like saying that Bale was a failed LB and had nowhere else to go but further forward...

I don't think Rose was ever a bad player. He was managed by the likes of Sherwood and AVB who made all our players look shite. And young players are always inconsistent, they have bad games early on, so have to expect that. I always thought Rose was a decent prospect, though I didn't think he would become as excellent as he has.

It is all down to Rose that he has improved so much. He clearly was not blessed with outstanding talent but has got where he is by sheer hard work. Bale was more talented but still improved his skills to become world class and yet Lennon was our best player at one time and better than Bale. However unlike Bale, Lennon was content to stagnate.With Lennon's speed and dribbling skill he should have been capable of improving his crossing and shooting power but it never happened. Lennon seemed content as he was and did not improve his game. Rose has become stronger, a better defender and is now truly one of our best players.

You're right about Lennon and I hope it is a lesson to young players. Look at the career paths of Bale and Lennon and who will be remembered once retired, it's pretty easy to see where hard work and commitment gets you if you have a bit of talent to start with.

I don't give a fuck what Pedro or any football 'experts' think, Danny Rose is the best lb in the league by far.

His improvement from only 2/3 years ago is incredible. If I was ever a footballer, I'd want to be like Danny, aggressive and doesn't give a fuck.

The love I have for the man is worrying.

Back
Top Bottom