Danny Rose or Benoît Assou-Ekotto?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who should we play left back next season?

• Total voters
I agree that both could well end up being used. Alternatively, with BAE being 29 (is that right?) it might be a good time to sell him and get some cash for a decent player.

I don't understand why some people dont like Benny, I think he's a really good LB, which is probably the hardest position to fill in the whole team. Don't get me wrong, sometimes he gives me a heart attack, but very entertaining, and not easy to find a better option. I hope that Rose continues to develop.
Really good left back? I don't rate him at all. He is a terrible passer, his positioning is not good, he's not even that great one on one. I mentioned 5 guys that I think would be better than him. I think Rose is already better than him. At least Rose is good going forward.

Anyone remember zeki fryers, that we signed in the last transfer window.
He could be a decent backup. He was a left-back right? :gallashmm:

So seeing as you've been to many U-21 games do you think he's ready for the first team? ;)

I ticked the option which says "would like a new LB but Rose and BAE will do for now" option. Which is in contrast to the "we need a fucking striker now" tick box in the other poll.

I like Benny as a chap but as a *dependable* LB.... No. We havent had a real quality left back for years (No, not Clive Wilson, Ziege...) so gawd knows where we can get one from. I dont see us getting an improvement on BAE anytime soon, well, that happens to be a realistic target for reasonable money at least. I remember being impressed by Jansen at Hamburg a few times, plus he's a big lad which helps at set pieces, thats me lot.

There's something about Rose that i just don't like.

But i can't quite put my finger on it.

seeing this makes me want to bum him though
danny-rose-volley-o.gif

...its a love hate thing

A good goal that one from Rose.
In one of the interviews I saw with BAE he says to the interviewer, "No, I don't call up my team mates to say let's go here or there. Instead you can spend time with your wife or whatever." Then the intereview points out that he isn't (or wasn't at the time) married. He's a character.

A good goal that one from Rose.
In one of the interviews I saw with BAE he says to the interviewer, "No, I don't call up my team mates to say let's go here or there. Instead you can spend time with your wife or whatever." Then the intereview points out that he isn't (or wasn't at the time) married. He's a character.

I imagine him to have a collection of beautiful women, of all different flavours, on call for whatever he may fancy....

Seems the sort of bloke that would have his own hareem :D

Back
Top Bottom