Current Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ZunNmUW.gif

Mason's free!

We've now sold two surplusish players to PL clubs for the clubs' record fees. Either the money really is that ridiculous, or Levy is a genius.

Or some combination of both.

Fine business so long as we bring in depth to compensate. Getting down to squeaky-bum time o'clock. We need a squad that can compete across multiple competitions.

Potential bench of:

Vorm, Davies, CCV, Sissoko, Wanyama, N'Koudou, Janssen

Doesn't sound too bad, right?

That should be the window.

I'm furious at our loser mentality. Sending exciting young British talent like Ryan Mason to teams above us in the table and using that money to pay for scraps in a lower division/unknown migrants from leagues in the EU… When will we stop being a feeder club?

Don't care what anyone says if this team clicks we are serious players to be reckoned with:

Lloris
Walker
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Rose
Wanyama
Dembele
Lamela
Eriksen
Sissoko
Kane

Subs
Vorm
Vertonghen
Dier
Nkoudou
Alli
Son
Janssen

Great big beasts to fear, a squad that keeps options open, people on their toes and formation mix ups and a whole host of different styles. Watch out for us this year, we just need to keep pace whilst the others pick up their points.

Have faith, we look far stronger now than 24 hours ago

In all honesty now; is this the best squad we've had on paper since ENIC took over? I get that we don't have 2,5 world class players but the Bale-Modric-VdV team wasn't as competitive throughout, or was it?

In any case, I'm very satisfied with our current squad and the manager and our academy always gets me all jolly and optimistic.

Yes, I'm a naive fool.

Alex Pritchard has left mate.
Cheers. I thought I had removed him, since in my head I knew he had left, but I guess not. Yes, the list now indicates Pritchard's having left. This was especially confusing because I recently added Joe Pritchard, thinking all the while, "but I thought he was gone?"

Anyway, a squad of 21 is smaller than I expected, and we've got the youngest squad in the league (again). So let's keep on keeping on.

I'm happy with the squad.

I choose to believe Sissouko is the player that I saw in some games in the euros when he will be playing for Spurs.

Reading that Nkodou has pace and the right attitude to fight for a spot sounds hopeful.

Janssen, I'm already impressed by what he's shown. Just hopes he can put one in the net soon.

Wanyama looks like he will give Dier a fight.

I'm willing to give Son this season to show what he's made of. Hopefully he can deliver more than the headless chicken runs he's shown do far. He seems to know where the goal is at least.

Winks, has impressed in the few minutes I've seen him. He searches for the creative solution and plays the ball forward. Looks like he's got a good football head. Hopefully he'll get some first team game time this season.

All in all I think the Squad is better than last year's squad and that there now is some threat on the bench.

Would be nice if Eriksen had some competition. But maybe Lamela is that competition for the center offensive midfield spot.

I'm happy with the squad.

I choose to believe Sissouko is the player that I saw in some games in the euros when he will be playing for Spurs.

Reading that Nkodou has pace and the right attitude to fight for a spot sounds hopeful.

Janssen, I'm already impressed by what he's shown. Just hopes he can put one in the net soon.

Wanyama looks like he will give Dier a fight.

I'm willing to give Son this season to show what he's made of. Hopefully he can deliver more than the headless chicken runs he's shown do far. He seems to know where the goal is at least.

Winks, has impressed in the few minutes I've seen him. He searches for the creative solution and plays the ball forward. Looks like he's got a good football head. Hopefully he'll get some first team game time this season.

All in all I think the Squad is better than last year's squad and that there now is some threat on the bench.

Would be nice if Eriksen had some competition. But maybe Lamela is that competition for the center offensive midfield spot.
Well said. We lacked pace in attack against Liverpool. Suddenly it is so much pace!

Back
Top Bottom