Current Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The training photos today show what a stunning lack of experience we have to call on in the first team. Practically all kids. Im all for giving yoof a chance but christ almighty, you need to mix it in with a bit of "been there, done that"... Particularly in midfield

Non-HG, Non-U21 (17 maximum, else loan/reserves):
  1. Adebayor, Emmanuel
  2. Alderweireld, Tobias Albertine Maurits
  3. Chadli, Nacer
  4. Dembélé, Moussa
  5. Eriksen, Christian Dannemann
  6. Fazio, Federico Julián
  7. Lamela, Erik Manuel
  8. Lloris, Hugo
  9. Njie, Clinton Mua
  10. Son Heung-Min
  11. Vertonghen, Jan
  12. Vorm, Michel Armand
  13. Wimmer, Kevin
HG, Non-U21 (surplus must be loaned/reserves)
  1. ** Carroll, Thomas James
  2. * Davies, Benjamin Thomas
  3. ** Kane, Harry Edward
  4. ** Mason, Ryan Glen
  5. ** Pritchard, Alex David (1993.5.3)
  6. ** Rose, Daniel Lee
  7. ** Townsend, Andros
  8. * Trippier, Kieran John
  9. * Walker, Kyle Andrew

Removed De Andre Yedlin as he is on loan for the season to Sunderland and Aaron Lennon who went to Everton. We should register Adebayor since we only have 22 players with him.

If we leave him out despite needing to pay him for the whole year...I don't even know how worse it can get.

Maybe we find out that we breached some sort of clause and both Njie and Son can't play until January too. Seems to be in character for our management.

Is it safe to come out yet? :levyeyes:

I like this squad - it's threadbare up front due to Levy and we lack creativity at CM, but I still like it. As I see it we've strengthened on at least 2 positions in the Starting XI (Toby/Son) and Wimmer/Alli/Clinton are better squad players than Vlad/Paulinho etc. as they actually have potential and can kick a ball somewhat. We have more competition at CAM which is vital, as Lamela and Chadli were well too unchallenged last year and now they'll have to earn their place like everyone else (I realize Chadli was hardly as poor as Lamela overall but he was still without competition). It's flawed, but it's also very young and brewing with potential (until Harry Kane is injured that is). It's Tottenham.

Get behind the fucking team you mugs:kaneear:

Read in a thread here that some people listed Toby, Hugo and Harry as our most important players. I wanted to reply that Eriksen was our mip, as we need his mobility and ability on the ball. Then I remembered we have Carroll, who has a style quite like Eriksen. And that got me thinking about our squad. Which is absolutely fucking fantastic at the moment.

We have a good backup goalkeeper in Vorm, as backup for a true world class Lloris. Our left and right back alternatives are so good that it's hard to say who's first choice and who actually are the alternatives. Wimmer has stepped in like a champ as a CB, and we have Dier who can fill in when needed. Our CB first choice pair are individually fantastic, and as a pair has to be one of the best in the world.

In central midfield we have a ton of alternatives, all a wee bit different from each other. We've got the terrific defensive beast in Dier, who mostly shows an incredible discipline and who looks incredibly mature in his defensive positioning. We've got the amazing Dembele, who mixes world class ball winning with world class ball control. The combination of Dier and Dembele offers so much control. Then we have Mason, who isn't quite as good at controlling games, not quite at the two mentioned's level defensively, but who offers more movement and the ability to make good runs into the box. We have Alli, who is even more mobile and more of a goal threat. We have Carroll (and since yesterday, Eriksen) who might not be the best ball winners, but who offers more as playmakers, who are very good at passing the ball quickly, and at making theselves available for a pass. Then we have an amazing talent in Bentaleb, who hasn't quite gotten going this season, but who seems like a mix of Dembele and the playmakers.

In the AM positions it's the same story as for the two CMs. A lot of players, each a little different from the rest. We have Lamela who offers creativity and aggressive press. Eriksen offers constant mobility and quality on the ball. Son offers fantastic mobility. Chadli is a bit less mobile, but offers more striker like qualities and will always be a goal threat. Alli is everywhere, doing everything, with an amazing ability to score goals. We have extreme pace with N'Jie, who's unfortunately been out with an injury for too long. We've got alternatives in Carroll, who's quite like Eriksen in many ways, and Mason, who offers mobility and defensive qualities. And we have a very talented Onomah, who looks quality, and a Pritchard that I had high hopes for before his very unfortunate injury.

Some say the striker position is a problem, due to a lack of backup. I've said that's bullshit all along, and Chadli's and Son's appearances as striker replacements have reinforced my stance. Chadli is quite Kane like, while Son offers more in terms of mobility but less in terms of hold-up play.

Except from Lloris, I wouldn't say that we have players who could transfer to Barca/RM and walk into their first team. But we have a fantastic versatile squad, and a style of play, a collective confidence and a togetherness that makes us click.

What a fantastic time to be a Spurs supporter. Long may it last!

Read in a thread here that some people listed Toby, Hugo and Harry as our most important players. I wanted to reply that Eriksen was our mip, as we need his mobility and ability on the ball..... Our left and right back alternatives are so good that it's hard to say who's first choice and who actually are the alternatives. Wimmer has stepped in like a champ as a CB, and we have Dier who can fill in when needed. Our CB first choice pair are individually fantastic, and as a pair has to be one of the best in the world.
Amen to that!

I know they won't necessarily be in with a shout for our 'Tottenham Player(s) of the Season'... but our LB/RB foursome of Walker, Trippier, Rose & Davies have been a fucking revelation.

The fact that they are not only happy to be rotated, but are clearly benefitting from this masterstroke of a system speaks volumes about their attitude as players (and men) and also Poch's 'under the radar' tactic of doing this virtually every game... They truly are the heartbeat of our team, and provide an outlet for the relentless attacking system that Poch is implementing.

Seeing as they do the majority of running, they're almost a throwback to the old wing-back system, in fact, they are wing-backs.
...and I know we're not quite playing 'push-and-run' but it certainly feels like we've adopted the work ethic and revolutionary tactics (at the time) of the system in some part...and i'd wager that was a deliberate part of the overall "Project '61" set out by Levy & Poch when he first arrived... which includes the 61,000 seater stadium, and the longer-term planning of global footballing domination by the year 2061...

PROPER THROWBACK TOTTENHAM!

1. Added Wanyama. Hooray!
  2. Moved Dier and Yedlin to the Non-HG, Non-U21 list
  3. Moved Bentaleb, Lesniak, Pritchard, and Ward to the HG, Non-U21 list
  4. Added Shilow Tracey…
  5. Cut Miloš Veljković (four months late), Lloyd Ross (a year late), Ismail Azzaoui (etc.…), Christopher Paul, Emmanuel Sonupe, Armani Daly, and Charlie Hayford.

Back
Top Bottom