Current Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cut BAE (sob city)

Added Lennon loan, Archer loan, and the youf who is off to St Mirren on loan.

We're still one non-HG player over (Khumalo, most likely) and are set up to field a perhaps record small squad of 21 players.

So, Yedlin in. Alli in and loaned back.
Naughton out, Lennon loaned out with a view to a permanent deal. BAE given his walking papers.

Whatever. Not sure the rest counts to many other than Windy.

I've been saying since the summer however that if we cut Khumalo then we'll win the league. You can quote me on that. I have seen it. Sorry that wasn't taken care of.

I imagine our squad next season looking something like this:-

GK - Lloris/Vorm/Archer
FB - Walker/Yedlin/Rose/Davies
CB - Fazio/Vertonghen/Dier/New Centre-Back
CM - Bentaleb/Mason/Stambouli/Alli
3 Behind Striker - Lamela/Townsend/Eriksen/Dembele/Chadli/Pritchard
ST - Kane/New Striker/Adebayor (he's never going to leave)

All with Youth Academy talent if we suffer injuries and such, realistically all we'd need is a Cb and striker or two depending if we can get rid of Adebayor, so Poch could use money to buy 2/3 quality players instead of 6/7 average players, over time this will benefit us, tbh I would love us to sign Gignac!

Just a simple look at things:

[formation=4231, Hugo/Vorm, Walker/Yedlin, Faz/Dier, Verts/Kev, Rose/Ben, Nabil/Mason, Benji/Carroll, Erik/Andros, Eriksen/Moose, Chadli/Pritch, Kane/+NEW][/formation]

Along with a few others - Onomah, Alli, Soldado possibly.

With a new striker and possibly a good CDM (though I do think Benji can do a job there) I think we look pretty decent. We have the defenders, I believe they need better coaching and a better understanding (something that will hopefully improve as next season progresses).

Would love to keep Dembele. Think he's been grossly underused this season.

Ditch -
Dembele, Townsend, one of Ade/Soldado

Give me -
Sissoko, Yarmolenko, Yilmaz
Would take all 3 of those, good shouts.

Wouldn't mind losing Townsend. Would like to see Ade and Bobby go to be honest. Would love us to go all out for Berahino. The lad scores goals, and already plays with Kane for the U-21's.

Ditch -
Dembele, Townsend, one of Ade/Soldado

Give me -
Sissoko, Yarmolenko, Yilmaz
Sissoko - "Le Arse made me dream when I was a youngster. Patrick Vieira was my idol. I saw myself in him," he told BeIn Sports.
Yarmolenko - maybe, meh
Burak - soo last year

After zin zin updated the contracts, I updated this. Specifically:
  • Move Friedel, Khumalo, McEneff, and Archer to out of contract.
  • Grant club-trained status to Akindayini, Bentaleb, Coulthirst, Gomelt, Lesniak, McEneff, McGee, Miller, Oduwa, Ogilvie, Onomah, Sonupe, and Winks.
  • Add Class of 2018
I think this is alll right. I haven't filled in the Class of 2018, but I imagine we'll be hearing more about them soon enough, eh WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

Of course, I had forgotten to add Wimmer.

Two too many non-HG players, and, as it stands, three too many HG players (though if we move more non-HG, then more HG can stay, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom