Current Squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Non-HG, Non-U21 (17 maximum, else loan/reserves):
  1. Alderweireld, Tobias Albertine Maurits
  2. Dembélé, Moussa
  3. Dier, Eric Jeremy Edgar
  4. Eriksen, Christian Dannemann
  5. Janssen, Vincent Petrus Anna Sebastiaan
  6. Lamela, Erik Manuel
  7. Lloris, Hugo
  8. López Sabata, Pau (on loan from RCD Espanyol)
  9. Sissoko, Moussa
  10. Son Heung-Min
  11. Vertonghen, Jan
  12. Vorm, Michel Armand
  13. Wanyama, Victor Mugubi
  14. Wimmer, Kevin
HG, Non-U21 (surplus must be loaned/reserves)
  1. * Davies, Benjamin Thomas
  2. ** Kane, Harry Edward
  3. ** Rose, Daniel Lee
  4. * Trippier, Kieran John
  5. * Walker, Kyle Andrew
Non-U21 on loan (unlimited):
  1. ** Bentaleb, Nabil (at Schalke)
  2. Fazio, Federico Julián (at Roma)
  3. ** Lesniak, Filip (on loan until January)
  4. Njie, Clinton Mua (at l’OM for the season)
U21 (unlimited):
Class of 2016:

1. ** McGee, Luke Paul (1995.9.2) w, os (on loan to Peterborough for season)
  2. NKoudou Mbida, Georges-Kévin
Class of 2017:
  1. * Alli, Bamidele Jermaine (1996.4.11)
  2. ** Miller, William (1996.6.8) w, os (on loan to Burton Albion for season)
  3. ** Oduwa, Nathan (1996.3.5) w, os
  4. ** Ogilvie, Connor Stuart (1996.2.14) w, os
  5. Pritchard, Joe (1996.9.19) os
  6. ** Winks, Harry (1996.2.2) w, os
Class of 2018:
  1. Amos, Luke Ayodele (1997.2.23) w, os
  2. Carter-Vickers, Cameron (1997.12.31) w, os
  3. Georgiou, Anthony Michael (1997.2.24) w, os
  4. Goddard, Cy (1997.4.2) w, os
  5. Harrison, Shayon (1997.7.13) w, os (on loan to Yeovil Town for season)
  6. Maghoma, Christian (1997.11.8) w, os
  7. ** Onomah, Joshua (1997.4.27) w, os
  8. Voss, Harry (1997.1.11) w, os
  9. Walker-Peters, Kyle (1997.4.13) w, os
  10. Walkes, Anton (1997.2.8) w, os
Class of 2019:
  1. Glover, Thomas William (1997.12.24) w, os
  2. Loft, Ryan (1997.9.14) w, os (on loan to Stevenage for season)
  3. McDermott, Thomas William (1998.1.30) w, os
  4. Muscatt, Joseph Luis (1997.12.15) w, os
  5. Owens, Charlie (1997.12.7) w, os
  6. Stylianides, Zenon (1998.1.7) w, os
  7. Tracey, Shilow (1998.4.29) w, os
Academy second years:
  1. Austin, Brandon Anthony (1999.9.14) w, os
  2. Bennetts, Keanan Chidozie (1999.3.9) w, os
  3. Brown, Jaden (1999.6.1) w, os
  4. Duncan, Dylan (1999.1.25) w, os
  5. Edwards, Marcus (1998.12.3) w, os
  6. González Velasco, Juan Pablo (1999.2.2)
  7. Marsh, George Owen (1998.11.5) w, os
  8. Mukena, Joy-Richard (1999.7.3) w, os
  9. Oteh, Aremide Jay (1998.9.10) w, os
  10. Roles, Jack (1999.2.26) w, os
  11. Shashoua, Samuel (1999.4.5) w, os
  12. Sterling, Kazaiah (1998.11.9) w, os
  13. Taganga, Japhet Manzambi (1999.5.2) w, os
  14. Tsaroulla, Nicholas (1999.3.29) w, os
  15. Whiteman, Alfie (1998.10.2) w, os
Academy first years:
  1. De Bie, Jonathan (2000.5.28) os
  2. Dinyezi, Jonathan Toko Lema (1999.10.13) os
  3. Eyoma, Timothy Joel (2000.1.29) os
  4. Freeman, Charlie (1999.9.28) os
  5. Griffiths, Reo Revaldo (2000.6.27) os
  6. Hinds, Tariq Devontae Aaron (2000.6.15) os
  7. Lock, Matthew Joseph (2000.4.1) os
  8. Oakley-Boothe, Tashan (2000.2.14) os
  9. Omolabi, Moroyin (2000.1.9) os
  10. Reynolds, Jamie Joe (1999.9.22) os
** = club-trained, * = association-trained

w = attested on Wikipedia, os = attested on official site

Last edited:
(Zin started something like this vis-à-vis contracts, but it involved going to another site. I aim to keep the OP current and correct mistakes, so here begins the discussion:)

Rules:
  1. A PL squad can be up to 25 non-U21 players, with a maximum of 17 non-HG.
  2. An EL squad can be up to 25 players (“List A”), with 8 “locally-trained” players, of whom no more than 4 can be “association-trained”.
  3. Should a squad fail to have 8 HG or locally-trained players, then the squad’s size is reduced.
  4. I don’t care about FA/LC registrations.
Definitions:
  • U21 player” means a player under the age of 21 as at the 1st January in the year in which the Season concerned commences. So for the context of this OP, everyone born after 1.1.1993.
  • HG player” means a Player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any Club (or club) affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three Seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21) and for the purposes of this definition of “Home Grown Player” a Season will be deemed to commence on the date on which the first Transfer Window closes and expire on the date of the final League Match of the Season;
  • Locally-trained” means either “association-trained” or “club-trained”.
  • Club-trained” means that between the season in which he turned 15 and the one in which he turned 21, he was registered at Spurs for at least 3 full seasons or 36 months, so more or less like HG, except Spurs-Specific.
  • Association-trained” means effectively the same thing as HG.

Just to clarify, I guess "Bezerra Maciel Júnior, José Paulo" is Paulinho?

Lol @ Harry Holtby

EL List A squad list deadlines (extrapolated from last year):
  • 11 August, 23:00 UK time: Play-off round List A due (Monday after the play-off round draw)
  • 1 September, 23:00 UK time: Group Stages to Final List A due (Monday after group stage draw)
  • 2 February, 23:00 UK time: Three new players can replace others on List A (with restrictions) (Monday after transfer window closes)
PL squad list deadlines (assumed):
  • 1 September, 23:00 UK time
  • 2 February, 23:00 UK time

So if I'm reading this right we need to sell or loan 9 over 21 yr players before we can add anyone to our squad?
Well, we can add as many players as we like, but come Sept. 1, there will be a winnowing. I don't know if we can hide players who are 21+ in the U21/reserves league, though. I suspect not. Maybe WindyCOYS WindyCOYS knows for certain.

I bring that up since the likes of Mason and Khumalo are listed under "reserves" on TOS, but they were also out on loan last season.

Well, we can add as many players as we like, but come Sept. 1, there will be a winnowing. I don't know if we can hide players who are 21+ in the U21/reserves league, though. I suspect not. Maybe WindyCOYS WindyCOYS knows for certain.

I bring that up since the likes of Mason and Khumalo are listed under "reserves" on TOS, but they were also out on loan last season.

I think you can only play two outfield players over 21 in the reserve league - so yes we could leave them there but it would just mean that didn't even get reserve games when someone else needed some match time for fitness........may as well release them

Just shows how important it is we hold onto some of our HG players, or replace like-for-like. I'm not a big fan of Lennon or Rose, but if sold they need to be replaced with HG players, or we can shed some of our NHG midfielders and bring though Bentaleb and Pritch.

Looks like we'll have a squad of 29 currently, with the two above and Kane and Archer not included in the 25 (if I've understood that right).
Velj was around the squad this year but I assume he will either stay in reserves or be loaned out next season to get experience?

Complicated stuff, this! :chadliblow:

Non-HG, Non-U21 (17 maximum, else loan/reserves):
  1. Adebayor, Emmanuel
  2. Assou-Ekotto, Benoît Pierre
  3. Bezerra Maciel Júnior, José Paulo
  4. Capoue, Étienne
  5. Chadli, Nacer
  6. Chiricheș, Vlad Iulian
  7. Dembélé, Moussa
  8. Eriksen, Christian Dannemann
  9. Falqué, Yago
  10. Friedel, Bradley Howard
  11. Holtby, Lewis Harry
  12. Kaboul, Younès
  13. Khumalo, Bongani Sandile
  14. Lamela, Erik Manuel
  15. Lloris, Hugo
  16. Raniere Guimarães Cordeiro, Sandro
  17. Soldado Rillo, Roberto
  18. Vertonghen, Jan
HG, Non-U21 (surplus must be loaned/reserves)
  1. ** Carroll, Thomas James
  2. ** Ceballos Prieto, Cristian
  3. * Dawson, Michael Richard
  4. ** Fredericks, Ryan Marlowe B.
  5. * Fryers, Ezekiel David
  6. * Gylfi Þór Sigurðsson
  7. * Hall, Grant Terry
  8. ** Lennon, Aaron Justin
  9. ** Livermore, Jake Cyril
  10. ** Mason, Ryan Glen
  11. * Naughton, Kyle
  12. ** Obika, Jonathan
  13. ** Rose, Daniel Lee
  14. ** Townsend, Andros
  15. * Walker, Kyle Andrew

1. get rid of underlined - and if extra space need ship out Rose and Carroll.

Wouldn't be so hasty shipping out Falque. He could have something to offer us, he's just had a great season for Vallecano in La Liga.. I'd try to get him a lower-Prem/upper-Champ loan for next year, to try him in England.
I always thought he looked pretty good when he got a game with us in the europa - but not seen much of him in Spain. Not sure how much game time he'd get - but yes happy if he got a lower prem loan.

Don't think I saw it mentioned on the forum either (may have missed it!) but he did score a worldie a couple of months back..

Although I didn't realise he was already 24.. Maybe a tad old for 'potential'

No need to 'hide' them - you can legitimately have them, they just can't play in the Premier League. They'd be able to play in the cups.

Clubs are only allowed to field three outfield players over the age of 21, plus the goalkeeper is also permitted to be over 21. So you can potentially have four over-21 players in the Under-21s.

Yet you seem incapable of grasping the rules posted by CJJ CJJ and proceed to post bizarre responses that are loosely related to the topic at hand? Is this brown-nosing? Do you have an agenda? :avbcringe:

Because it was something like 40 players short and fear mongering. He gave you the impression we had a much smaller squad to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom