Clearing but not replacing deadwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it does worry me how threadbare our squad is now looking, but I don't want Levy signing up mediocre replacements, just to make up the numbers.

What an absolute fucking meltfest of an article. On the one hand we have the opinion of a 21 year old who according to his bio is "studying who recently graduated from the University of Reading" warning us of player burnout and who can and can't play effectively in which position, and on the other we have professional football people and army of trained fitness and medical staff who believe we can get players fit to the point of playing at full tilt for 90 minutes every game for an entire season...I know where I choose to put my faith.

If I'm honest this is one of the main reasons I've avoided shit like the transfer window thread, too many wannabe pundits seem to think they know more about running a football club and managing a football team than a professional manager and successful chairman, yet despite their superior knowledge gained from various Sky soundbites, the internet and the big book of football cliches, choose to remain in IT or remain studying graduates of Reading Uni because, well, presumably because this football shit is all too simple for them.

What an absolute fucking meltfest of an article. On the one hand we have the opinion of a 21 year old who according to his bio is "studying who recently graduated from the University of Reading" warning us of player burnout and who can and can't play effectively in which position, and on the other we have professional football people and army of trained fitness and medical staff who believe we can get players fit to the point of playing at full tilt for 90 minutes every game for an entire season...I know where I choose to put my faith.

If I'm honest this is one of the main reasons I've avoided shit like the transfer window thread, too many wannabe pundits seem to think they know more about running a football club and managing a football team than a professional manager and successful chairman, yet despite their superior knowledge gained from various Sky soundbites, the internet and the big book of football cliches, choose to remain in IT or remain studying graduates of Reading Uni because, well, presumably because this football shit is all too simple for them.
Who pissed in your coffee?

17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif

Its a good article which highlights quite clearly where we are at and what we need to do to right the ship. This is not rocket science but it does expose the clubs inability to deal appropriate with the vagaries of the transfer market in a logical way. There is a note of optimism that we we still have time to sign the players we need, however we always tend to leave it to the last minute again and again don't we.

I don't think it is very pro-active to criticise the fact that the writer of the article is a Reading University graduate, smacks of envy, perhaps because it is an achievement that the critic have not been able to attain.

Who pissed in your coffee?

My kids. Every fucking time I have a day off work!

Its a good article which highlights quite clearly where we are at and what we need to do to right the ship. This is not rocket science but it does expose the clubs inability to deal appropriate with the vagaries of the transfer market in a logical way. There is a note of optimism that we we still have time to sign the players we need, however we always tend to leave it to the last minute again and again don't we.

I don't think it is very pro-active to criticise the fact that the writer of the article is a Reading University graduate, smacks of envy, perhaps because it is an achievement that the critic have not been able to attain.

It doesn't highlight anything other than the writers opinion that the ship isn't right, it doesn't "expose the clubs inability to deal appropriate with the vagaries of the transfer market in a logical way." either, It's not like this is some insider knowledge of Levy and his attitude to transfers any more than me saying that we haven't brought a striker because we haven't sold a striker, is a concrete reason for why we haven't. It's speculation and whinging at its most usual.

Also, I didn't critisise the fact the writer went to Uni, Reading or otherwise, I made a joke that the author's bio implies that he studies Reading Uni graduates.

My kids. Every fucking time I have a day off work!

It doesn't highlight anything other than the writers opinion that the ship isn't right, it doesn't "expose the clubs inability to deal appropriate with the vagaries of the transfer market in a logical way." either, It's not like this is some insider knowledge of Levy and his attitude to transfers any more than me saying that we haven't brought a striker because we haven't sold a striker, is a concrete reason for why we haven't. It's speculation and whinging at its most usual.

Also, I didn't critisise the fact the writer went to Uni, Reading or otherwise, I made a joke that the author's bio implies that he studies Reading Uni graduates.
The article is balanced and it does reflect what a number of posters on this forum think I believe: It again highlights Levy's inability to fully understand and utilize the transfer market to the clubs advantage: Its an article which paints the picture, at a starting level.
I understand where your coming from, don't think that its whinging though, but each to his own!
I was not critcising your post about graduates but Coopers!

Back
Top Bottom