Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a little bit better than the rest.

C15KznbWgAAB9HB.jpg:large

Imagine the amount of stick he receives from our fans when he goes a couple of matches without doing much.

He's contributed to more goals than Eden fucking Hazard and the £40+ million frog!!!

Sushi do you know if those shots include Free Kicks? I'm guessing they do, take those away (I assume more than 50% of them are) and you have yourself someone who fits the bill.
I know he takes free kicks. Even 50% of them would be 40 shots from open play, but as it stands, they're not. He's taken 21 free kicks, so that's 58 open play shots, with 19 taken inside the box. Double that % inside the box, and then we'd be golden.

I know he takes free kicks. Even 50% of them would be 40 shots from open play, but as it stands, they're not. He's taken 21 free kicks, so that's 58 open play shots, with 19 taken inside the box. Double that % inside the box, and then we'd be golden.
Right now he is golden.

The stats are not a surprise, he was off form at the beginning of the season, his stats reflect exactly that. I've got no problem with them whatsoever as they support exactly what we have all been watching.

Right now he is golden.

The stats are not a surprise, he was off form at the beginning of the season, his stats reflect exactly that. I've got no problem with them whatsoever as they support exactly what we have all been watching.
He's good. I think he could be better.

And he is getting better. I isolation of the past 5 games or so few if any are better than him and that right now is what is key. What would be important to see and a measure of improvement is if he can prolong his purple patches.
This is why I can never get my head round stats. These are human beings. Some days My decision making is better than others. It's just the way it is for everyone. Eriksen is performing at an incredibly high level. I don't need stats to tell me that. I can see when he plays sublimely or when he is off his game just by watching him play

This is why I can never get my head round stats. These are human beings. Some days My decision making is better than others. It's just the way it is for everyone. Eriksen is performing at an incredibly high level. I don't need stats to tell me that. I can see when he plays sublimely or when he is off his game just by watching him play
I disagree mate. Stats are great, just need the right one's and then it's how they are interpreted, all need context, what team put out, against who, form of other players the variables are endless. But the stats put up on here from Sushi are great, some over egged and some, which is my points in the thread fail to acknowledge some of the variables. The shit that the regular media use I wouldn't wipe my arse with, they are shite.

I disagree mate. Stats are great, just need the right one's and then it's how they are interpreted, all need context, what team put out, against who, form of other players the variables are endless. But the stats put up on here from Sushi are great, some over egged and some, which is my points in the thread fail to acknowledge some of the variables. The shit that the regular media use I wouldn't wipe my arse with, they are shite.
The primary variable is that we are all humans & prone to human error

can see when he plays sublimely or when he is off his game just by watching him play

Not always true though is it?

Many non-Spurs fans watched Townsend play and thought he was amazing. After all, he was good at dribbling with the ball and he ran a lot - people perceived this as him being an attacking threat and when he finally put in a poor cross or awful shot people just thought he was unlucky, that the rest of the time he simply MUST have a better shot, because he looks so good.

Same for Lennon. Ran a lot, ripped most left backs to bits and then was poor at crossing the ball.

Some positions and certain players can flatter to deceive - they look better on the eye than they do on paper. E.g. we all loved watching Sandro slide into tackles, it was fun and aggressive, but it didn't make him a good player.

Not always true though is it?

Many non-Spurs fans watched Townsend play and thought he was amazing. After all, he was good at dribbling with the ball and he ran a lot - people perceived this as him being an attacking threat and when he finally put in a poor cross or awful shot people just thought he was unlucky, that the rest of the time he simply MUST have a better shot, because he looks so good.

Same for Lennon. Ran a lot, ripped most left backs to bits and then was poor at crossing the ball.

Some positions and certain players can flatter to deceive - they look better on the eye than they do on paper. E.g. we all loved watching Sandro slide into tackles, it was fun and aggressive, but it didn't make him a good player.
Lennon >>> Townsend.

And Sandro was a quality player. It was the injuries that broke him.

Probably the most prolific MF in England (goals, assists, and overall contribution wise), but he some how stays off radar with the Real\Barce\Bayern not sniffing around.

I can't describe how crucial he is to our play, when he's good we're good, when he's great we're incredible. Best MF we had since hoddle (sorry Gazza and Ginola)

Post match the pundits were asked what's the biggest worry for Tottenham.

For me it's Eriksen getting injured or going off form. He picks his form up and we go on a running win, isn't a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom