Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or maybe..
deep in the training grounds Poch and staff work on project "Make Yedlin A Wing Forward"
I
dr-evil.jpg

Mmmmmm the speed of Walker and Yedlin on the same flank. Get Levy into the FA to start lobbying for a longer field!

In all seriousness, I don't see Yedlin as a long term RW at all. Being a yank I've watched a decent amount of him. He can't really dribble besides just knocking it past guys and running. That's fine as a fullback but not great as RW. He'd bog down our developing one touch passing amongst creative players as well. He could deputize at RW while we're holding onto a lead or against a top team but ultimately I think his long term ceiling at RW is a shit Aaron Lennon (not Walcott). His upside is highest at fullback IMO.

No mate, I'm back in America for three weeks on school holiday. Gutted I missed it. You went, right?
Yes. I had a feeling about this one and sat right at the back of the East Upper on the halfway line for the view. Just wanted to say that Eriksen in the hole was a thing of beauty. Still buzzing, sorry you missed it. He just looked so confident and classy. I'll stop now :eriksenlol:

Last edited:
There is a difference between being capable and brilliant... He is brilliant when he is playing in behind! It can be as easy as build the team around a player if you are the manager!
He is brilliant in the middle but he is often out of the left too. It was only after Sherwood gave him his role on the left that he really kicked on anyway. Plus it could be but at the same time it often isn't worth it.

Though saying all this I would like to see Kane and Eriksen in front of Chadli, Mason, Bentaleb and whoever at the weekend.

Sometimes he can go missing. However, players like him win games. He could do not much for 89 mins and win it with one moment of brilliance.
How he squeezed that inside the near post today amazed me.
I feel we need 3 players. A strong, good tackling , forward passing, mobile midfielder, a pacy right sided mid with an eye for goal and fast, strong good finisher.
Eriksen has proved he will score goals and is creative. Lamela is acclimatising well to the EPL, and is creative. Mason is making us tick in midfield. Walker is on his way back to match fitness. Davies is looking a solid left back. Kane is shoving the words of many a doubter down their throats. Fazio will get better, His distribution and heading ability are a huge improvement. He has had stick, but then defending starts from the front. You're going to get caught out of position when you're doing the job of a defensive midfielder.
Vertonghen has been consistent and Hugo is an immense pro.
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, New DM, Lamela, Eriksen, New RM, Kane][/formation]
Subs
Vorm
Rose
Yedlin
Bentaleb
Chadli
Dembele
New Striker

Always wary of building a team around one player, as we have been burnt so badly in the past when that player inevitably moves on. Chris is definitely where 90% of our creativity comes from, but he's not in the 'worldy' class just yet.

So......wheres this big mouth twat with the public praise for Erksen now then.....

:vdvshh:

He praised many times over the years and kept him in starting position for Denmark even after some poor performances. Believe me he don't lack praise or trust in Denmark.

The critic was because he expects more of Eriksen when playing for Denmark and with good reason, he is an quality player and he needs to do well as we are an small country and therefor also less to chose from.

Back
Top Bottom