Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those numbers from Kane are incredible. Definition of working your balls off. IMO since his introduction to the starting lineup our mentality and commitment as a team have improved massively. Leading by example.
He's not alone though. We have seen a lot more of a group commitment from the team. Kane's putting in massive efforts, but so are the others. We don't have people strolling back anymore. Everyone tracks back, everyone hustles, and everyone puts in a shift. All the pieces aren't quite in perfect harmony, but a sense of collective willpower is there and you can see the effect of that in the last minute wins. Pochettino has taught these guys not to give up on the game or each other, and that's something we haven't see from a Spurs squad in a very long time.

Quite possibly the single the, most deluded claim I've read on here since the Gibbsy days. He's best utilised as a centrally deployed playmaker - not a #10

Our second most consistent and highest performing player after Lloris and you want him dropped. Wow, Minto.
Agreed. First name on the outfield team sheet, should be sat behind Kane.

Fuck me - Tottenham Hotspur fans wanting to bench Christian Eriksen, one of the brightest talents in Europe, and use him as an impact sub.

:pochwtf:

He's not alone though. We have seen a lot more of a group commitment from the team. Kane's putting in massive efforts, but so are the others. We don't have people strolling back anymore. Everyone tracks back, everyone hustles, and everyone puts in a shift. All the pieces aren't quite in perfect harmony, but a sense of collective willpower is there and you can see the effect of that in the last minute wins. Pochettino has taught these guys not to give up on the game or each other, and that's something we haven't see from a Spurs squad in a very long time.

Agreed completely, I'm just noting the potential causality of this happening when Kane was introduced to the league starting 11.

Agreed completely, I'm just noting the potential causality of this happening when Kane was introduced to the league starting 11.
Fair enough, but I am thinking it may be more correlation to Pochettino figuring out who on the team had the commitment required, and playing all of those guys (of which, it was clear, Kane is emphatically one).

Tomayto/Tomahto

The thing about running about is you do more of it when you don't have the ball. Burnley run about more than anyone, with QPR at the bottom. Chelsea are in the middle somewhere. I can't find the link, but I'll have a look later.

The thing about running about is you do more of it when you don't have the ball. Burnley run about more than anyone, with QPR at the bottom. Chelsea are in the middle somewhere. I can't find the link, but I'll have a look later.
Or...you could be a young, energetic forward who is constantly trying to move into open spaces and execute a high-pressure mentality.

Or...you could be a young, energetic forward who is constantly trying to move into open spaces and execute a high-pressure mentality.
Exactly. The distance run against Palace wasn't substantially different to that against Everton or Swansea. Pressing teams run more, due to the nature of the press.

Oh I'm not knocking it - I was trying to say it's not the whole story. I love our players putting that effort in, I couldn't stop smiling at the way we played Everton, but as a bald stat it can mislead as much as it reveals.

Oh I'm not knocking it - I was trying to say it's not the whole story. I love our players putting that effort in, I couldn't stop smiling at the way we played Everton, but as a bald stat it can mislead as much as it reveals.
Absolutely, and I didn't think you were knocking it. There's not much to knock when you have a player who is willing to bust his ass each and every game to pull out a win. Granted, he can't just run stupid for 90 minutes each and every game, but I hope that his energy will help to encourage others to put in the same work levels so maybe he doesn't have to as much.

The last statement is a bit harsh mate. He isn't the hardest worker we've got.

Eriksen covered the same distance as Kane against Swansea...

I saw this somewhere but I cannot be bothered to find the source. If someone can though it'd be great to show how clueless some people look when they're saying Eriksen doesn't have the work rate for LM.

Here you go guys. Joint 2nd all season in distance covered with Kane.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ksen-Harry-Kane-Tottenham-s-marathon-men.html

As much as I'm pleased to see Soldado scoring, he should be dropped so Eriksen can play in the hole. This is the future:

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Someone, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

One of Lamela, Townsend, or Lennon needs to wake the fuck up and win the the RW role or we could buy Shaqiri :gio:

Last edited:
As much as I'm pleased to see Soldado scoring, he should be dropped so Eriksen can play in the hole. This is the future:

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Someone, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

One of Lamela, Townsend, or Lennon needs to wake the fuck up and win the the RW role or we could buy Shaqiri :gio:

Or maybe..
deep in the training grounds Poch and staff work on project "Make Yedlin A Wing Forward"
dr-evil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom