Champions League - Wembley "1882 section"?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't wait for BL.

If anyone cares this was my last trip in a nutshell: Left San Diego around 7 AM on Tuesday. Didn't sleep a wink on the plane. Arrived at Gatwick at around 11 AM on Weds, got to my friend's flat by around 1. Drank beers & ate some food at his place. Eventually made our way to Allsop Arms in Marylebone. Got to Wembley way earlier than needed and by the time the match kicked off we had completely sobered up (good chunk of my friend's are in Club Wembley, so they were texting me pics of beer before kickoff). Took an hour and a half to get back to central London and after being awake for 40+ hours probably slept for about 11 hours.

Rinse and repeat here in about a month I suppose.

i've got 3 tickets in my basket right now for leverkusen home but not sat next to each other. Have the away returns gone on sale yet or are these just other randome ones that have been returned do you think?

It'll be nice to have some fan interaction this time rather than 200 hidden away until the final whistle. I saw a grand total of 1 Monaco fan on Wembley Way.

What are Leverkusen like as fans? My impression is they're quite a small club without much of a hardcore following, especially by German standards. I didn't go to the 1-0 win over there a few years ago, when Berby scored, but I remember hearing that yids took over the ground, loads with tickets in their end (and their ground is quite small).

Can't wait for BL.

If anyone cares this was my last trip in a nutshell: Left San Diego around 7 AM on Tuesday. Didn't sleep a wink on the plane. Arrived at Gatwick at around 11 AM on Weds, got to my friend's flat by around 1. Drank beers & ate some food at his place. Eventually made our way to Allsop Arms in Marylebone. Got to Wembley way earlier than needed and by the time the match kicked off we had completely sobered up (good chunk of my friend's are in Club Wembley, so they were texting me pics of beer before kickoff). Took an hour and a half to get back to central London and after being awake for 40+ hours probably slept for about 11 hours.

Rinse and repeat here in about a month I suppose.
Excellent support mate. Why did it take you so long to get to London? I suppose it's because you had to change flights somewhere (plus of course the 8 hour time difference, meaning it would have been 3am on your time when you arrived).

What are Leverkusen like as fans? My impression is they're quite a small club without much of a hardcore following, especially by German standards. I didn't go to the 1-0 win over there a few years ago, when Berby scored, but I remember hearing that yids took over the ground, loads with tickets in their end (and their ground is quite small).
I went to the game where Berbatov scored. I was in the stand on the long side, not in an area reserved for Spurs. There were no problems at all, the Leverkusen fans were good as gold. Went for a drink after the game in a random bar near the ground and it was the same story, everyone was very friendly even though they had just lost. Unless something has changed after that game they are a very decent bunch.
They are not keen on FC Köln, but I don't think it is more than local rivalry.

I went to the game where Berbatov scored. I was in the stand on the long side, not in an area reserved for Spurs. There were no problems at all, the Leverkusen fans were good as gold. Went for a drink after the game in a random bar near the ground and it was the same story, everyone was very friendly even though they had just lost. Unless something has changed after that game they are a very decent bunch.
They are not keen on FC Köln, but I don't think it is more than local rivalry.
I went as well strange place it's a factory town the whole place hangs around the Bayer pharma business. We were staying at the hotel at the stadium and it was soulless. The fans were as good as gold but we ended up drinking in Koln (Cologne). Now that's a proper town great place

Fuck sake. Just had a mare on the official site getting tickets. Called up the phone number and by time I got through the seats I had in my basket were gone :(

Looks like it's stubhub/Twitter for me

Fuck sake. Just had a mare on the official site getting tickets. Called up the phone number and by time I got through the seats I had in my basket were gone :(

Looks like it's stubhub/Twitter for me
Keep an eye on the website. There were individual tickets / pairs appearing quite regularly in the run up to the Monaco game as people returned tickets. Obviously they were getting snapped up quite quickly though so you'll need to check regularly and get a bit lucky.

Alternatively there will be plenty of face value spares on @HotspurTickets' twitter page nearer the time.

Back
Top Bottom