Captain

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bxmi7rpIQAAwRm5.jpg

Not sure on Kaboul for captain, but I don't have a better suggestion yet....

I like Adebyour for Vice Captain, as it will make him feel important and hopefully keep him playing well!

Captains are for muppets. They make no difference. Who are the captains of the other PL teams? Who gives a fuck. Poch has picked a senior player - it was him or Lennon.

Why did it take so long ? What was all the build up to it for why not say it before the game against Sunderland
Think it was down to having the entire team together following the Internationals, I read/heard somewhere for example that Bentaleb didn't get back until 3am Thursday which probably would have meant he wouldn't have reported for training until Friday by which time the team could have already started to travel to their Hotel on Friday.

If this is the case, I like it and probably goes down well with the squad too. Combine this with the Team all having the official Team 2014/15 photo's taken seems the perfect time to do it. I also feel it gives a sense of occasion and importance to it.

Think it was down to having the entire team together following the Internationals, I read/heard somewhere for example that Bentaleb didn't get back until 3am Thursday which probably would have meant he wouldn't have reported for training until Friday by which time the team could have already started to travel to their Hotel on Friday.

If this is the case, I like it and probably goes down well with the squad too. Combine this with the Team all having the official Team 2014/15 photo's taken seems the perfect time to do it. I also feel it gives a sense of occasion and importance to it.
Ho Hum

Bang on.

Captains are for muppets. They make no difference. Who are the captains of the other PL teams? Who gives a fuck. Poch has picked a senior player - it was him or Lennon.
I think the concern is centered around the 'fact' captains are usually first on the team sheet

Put our 3rd/4th choice centre back as captain and we, in theory, should progress our weakest position if he steps up. I see the logic around the decision. The same as giving Ade the vice captaincy, it'll Spur him on to perform, again in theory.

Put our 3rd/4th choice centre back as captain and we, in theory, should progress our weakest position if he steps up. I see the logic around the decision. The same as giving Ade the vice captaincy, it'll Spur him on to perform, again in theory.
He might actually be a good leader. Don't have to be the best player (or best CB) to be a Captain.

Maybe they did a tombola... or straws in the sand?

Back
Top Bottom