Capital One Cup 2014/15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forest fan in peace.

Good to see some nice comments about us here - seriously, I think most fans of Premier League clubs have forgotten that we were ever in the top flight.

I'm looking forward to this one. You'll beat us, of course. The only disappointment is that Daws won't be playing.

Believe it or not there was a time when we used to beat you quite regularly at White Hart Lane ;)

1882 for this one?
This would be 23rd/24th Sept, and our first Europa group match would be the 18th (if we qualify). If the Europa match is at home, then this one will be the first cup match where ST holders won't have to have their usual seats, so would be ideal for 1882... however would also depend on which blocks we allocate to Forest, as I imagine we'll give them a bigger than usual allocation. And if we don't get a Europa home match on the 18th then this one will have ST holders in their usual seats, which would make 1882 a bit more difficult IMO

Forest fan in peace.

Good to see some nice comments about us here - seriously, I think most fans of Premier League clubs have forgotten that we were ever in the top flight.

I'm looking forward to this one. You'll beat us, of course. The only disappointment is that Daws won't be playing.

Believe it or not there was a time when we used to beat you quite regularly at White Hart Lane ;)

I'll definitely look forward to the match, always regarded you lot as a 'proper club' who've fallen on hard times. Wouldn't be surprised if Daws makes an appearance for a half-time interview!

Oh and by the way...

Forest fan in peace.

You did well to find a clip in colour mate. Good skills.
Joking aside, any older fan will remember Forest well. Proper club, good fans. I would love to see someone like Clough take a 'smaller' team & win the European cup. Will never happen again unfortunately.

Made my first visit to Forest on the opening day of the 1978-1979 season (Ricky & Ossie's debuts) . What an quality away day what was - Spurs had literally thousands there that day.

I'll definitely look forward to the match, always regarded you lot as a 'proper club' who've fallen on hard times. Wouldn't be surprised if Daws makes an appearance for a half-time interview!

Oh and by the way...

Ouch! That final was billed as Gazza v Cloughie, but turned out to be a bad day for both of them.

Clough really screwed up with the team selection. We'd been on a really good run - we beat Chelsea 7-0, Norwich 6-2, West Ham 4-0 in the semi - and I was feeling confident, although apprehensive because everyone knows that there is a certain romance between Spurs and the FA Cup. Paul Stewart, I remember being instrumental. You were the better side, no complaints. And from what I remember that came at the end of quite a traumatic season for you - Maxwell secretly loaning Scholar some cash to keep you afloat, before leaving that summer. (Scholar, someone who we had the 'pleasure' of running our club for a while...)

Wish we were the kind of team to regularly make finals again, but can't see it happening...

trickygaribaldicat

Shame you won't be in your away strip as it's one of the best in England this season. I remember many defeats to Forest in the 1990s and that includes the cup tie that was snowed off and being stuck on the M1 for hours and hours. Should be you and not Leicester in the PL. Fuck they're a dull, pointless club (and town).

Hope we smash you 5-0 btw!

"We always beat Tottenham..."

I remember the FA Cup replay at Forest in 2005. Fucking terrible traffic, freezing cold, loads of people got there late, ugly scenes with the old bill outside the ground as people could hear the game going on, and they wouldn't let us in. Finally got in just before half time. We were singing "we'll never play you again.. we'll never play you again" and I got hit by a pie from the upper tier when the 2nd goal went in and my mate taking the piss all the way home. Happy days.

What flavour? Did you manage to get to enjoy any of it?
No, fuck did I. It went all over this cheap pea-coat I used to wear to football - it was wrecked so I defiantly threw it to ground and stood there in a Spurs away shirt and a scarf. Man it was cold. Some Spurs fan gave me a hug on our way back to the van, so that was nice. 3-0 lovely.

You did well to find a clip in colour mate. Good skills.
Joking aside, any older fan will remember Forest well. Proper club, good fans. I would love to see someone like Clough take a 'smaller' team & win the European cup. Will never happen again unfortunately.

Made my first visit to Forest on the opening day of the 1978-1979 season (Ricky & Ossie's debuts) . What an quality away day what was - Spurs had literally thousands there that day.

I remember a few trips in the 80s, if memory serves there was a very large, open terrace behind the goal where away fans stood. Forest were very good then, it was a long way, freezing cold and the chances of a win were about zero. Happy days.
Ian Bowyer always used to play like Lothar Matthaus against us for some reason.

No, fuck did I. It went all over this cheap pea-coat I used to wear to football - it was wrecked so I defiantly threw it to ground and stood there in a Spurs away shirt and a scarf. Man it was cold. Some Spurs fan gave me a hug on our way back to the van, so that was nice. 3-0 lovely.
Just tell me the flavour of the fucking pie so I can masturbate in peas

Oh I guessed it wasnt us chucking pies! Shame it ruined that coat of yours! Sounds great times my man, those were the days, iPads hurt so much more when they chuck them nowadays
No it was ok, I'd sacrifice a cheap coat for a 3-0 away all day long. It was only 9 years ago, seems like more from here.

Forest fan in peace.

That's one of the earliest games I have a memory of being at. Your 2nd and 3rd goals just epitomised how shite and powderpuff out defence was that season under ardiles.

Sheringham missed a pen and had a dreadful record from the spot at that time. Also remember the cunt sat next to us in the west upper who would just say 'don't give it to him he's pooh' everytime someone who wasn't Klinsmann or teddy got the ball.

Pretty shit day all round really!

Back
Top Bottom