Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd be more than comfortable with that against Gent. 3 strong players.
With Jan out for the foreseeable, and two of those three regular first team squad members, I wouldn't be surprised to see CCV leading the line at the back, with a couple more Youth teamers thrown in beside him!!

It's a learning step for him. Still only 19 years old.

Wycombe are a very physical team and Akinfenwa would bully a lot of top class Premier League full backs to be honest. I think at times though he just sort of stood on the ball too long, Pochettino will coach that out of him though I hope and just advise him to get rid of the ball quicker.

Thought he was straight on the ball on the penalty incident. Have rewatched it several times, if that was Rose it wouldn't have been given.

It's a learning step for him. Still only 19 years old.

Wycombe are a very physical team and Akinfenwa would bully a lot of top class Premier League full backs to be honest. I think at times though he just sort of stood on the ball too long, Pochettino will coach that out of him though I hope and just advise him to get rid of the ball quicker.
To who, our fullbacks were nowhere to be seen as too Dier. Toby and Jan allways have a pass available to them.

I thought on the ball he was good, looked composed, can't recall a time he lost the ball or was tackled. He played safe a few times by turning back to Vorm but dont see a problem with that, better getting caught or hoofing it into row Z. In the air on the other hand he was shit, I think he won just one header all game. Which is odd as this is usually a strength of his.

Last edited:
The reason the penalty was given away was he was beaten for speed. Not sure if the attacker was particularly fast or he was slow. Rose would have got there first.

It was just an unnecessary challenge; I think he panicked and thought a player was wide open in the middle. I didn't think he was bad. He was only slow on the ball once we got to 10 men because he had one less outlet. He did play a few nice passes forward.

Made a bad mistake for PSG opening goal.

Every time I've seen him I haven't been blown away, although others say he's very talented. Not sure on this one.

He'd be our 6th choice CB now? We still might bring one in. I think if we could loan him to a PL team that would be good. Even maybe a Championship team. I don't know. He looks like he needs experience.

he needs to play in the championship, like many of our young lads
he would be playing against experienced pro's,
playing under 23 football where they play keep ball and no contact is a waste of time for players we expect to be in first team squad

Back
Top Bottom