Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although I love it that we are willing to trust youth I find the thought of starting CCV in the first game(s) of the season a little worrying.
What's the worst that can happen? He has a Fucken mare and costs us a game? It's unlikely he'll be given game time if Poch isn't satisfied that he's both mentally and physically ready. We have to give our youth the opportunity

I understand the feeling but how did you feel when Vertonghen got injured and Wimmer came in, I'm guessing the same?

Wimmer definately did better than I expected. But at least he had played at a senior level with his 28 games for LASK Linz and 67 games for Koln. CCV has a few friendlies for us, and that's it.

Wimmer definately did better than I expected. But at least he had played at a senior level with his 28 games for LASK Linz and 67 games for Koln. CCV has a few friendlies for us, and that's it.
He has been training with the first team for over a year now, think he is probably less of a risk than a new starter, knows Poch's tactic's, what's expected of him, knows his team mates & more assimilated into the ethos of the team. Got to start sometime, it would appear if you are rated by Poch then you don't go on loan but are kept close and train as part of the squad for a reason, assume that means learning how we play and earning your place.

CCV will not be playing in the opening game, it will almost certainly be Vertonghen but if not Wimmer will be able to play as his injury is minor.

He was injured at the Euros but has been training with the first team in the last week or so. Should be fit but not necessarily match fit for opening day. Judging by how quickly Poch brought him back last time he was injured I would expect the same and him to play opening day.

He was fucking immense last night. Those League One guys were grown ass men trying to bully him and he just kept calmly shrugging them off, kept possession and coolly played around them. It's easy to see why MP is so high on him, he's got all the makings of a truly top class center defender.

He was class last night. He made 1 small error when he had a bad touch but it didn't come to anything.
Would like to see him in the PL againts weaker opponent so we could see if he's ready for PL.

Almost scored from a header in Toby style, he will be a great replacement in the long run for him.

So the defender that Pochettino was speaking of seems to be CCV and not Vertonghen...

Either way, glad we have signed up for more years. Great prospect.

Back
Top Bottom