Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris / Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose / Bentaleb Dembele / Eriksen Paulinho Chadli / Kane
on yesterdays performance, I'd say you were dropping the wrong CB
[formation=4411, Lloris , Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Paulinho, Mason, Stambouli, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]
Whilst uneasy about Paulinho, if he plays like he did yesterday then he might be worth a shout. Him and Dembele to move up to a 3 with Eriksen (4231), or drop back to shore up Mason and Stambouli, as above.
Totally fed up with Chadli and Townsend TBH.

I know Bentaleb admirers will be affronted, so apologies to you guys, but I'd rather have Masons directness and ability to play a decent forward pass, than safety passes and no penetration.

In reality - it will probably be the Leicester starting line up with Lamela in for Cone C or Cone T

I'll be at this game :adethumbup:
5 minutes after you started talking to the fan next to you:
CD27771212.jpg

----------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker-------------Dier-------Vertonghen-------Rose
-----------------------Mason---Benteleb----------------
---Lamela----------------Dembele-------------Eriksen-
------------------------------Kane-------------------------

Agree that Dembele and Lamela are due a start, if only because the 2 in possession have been so bang average.
Frankly, Walker needs a rest too. He is a liability at the moment.

I want to see Fazio play, good in the air, physical and isn't against punching pricks in the chest. We could have done with him in the team against Leicester to deal with their long balls.

If we beat these lot, the chances are pretty high Woolwich will beat the scousers, so we could well go above liverpool. Stick that in your 8 page dossier brenda. !

I think that this would be mine as well, except Fazio in for Dier and Stambouli on the bench. If we're ahead into the second half, give him a run out for a while and see if we can plug up some holes.

Not a fan of Dembele in the CAM role, but I think some of the alternatives are worse.

==============Lloris
Dier------------ Fazio ---------------Vertonghen
------------------- Stambouli -------------------------------
Lamela -------- Dembele ---------- Mason ----------- Rose
-------------------- Eriksen--------------------------------------
-----------------------------------Kane

Dier can get down the right when required
Vertonghen can get down the left.
Stambouli to mop up and distribute the ball forward
Mason can tackle and move it quick, get forward and eye for pass
Rose can defend when needed but maraud down the left
Lamela gets stuck in will track Boyd and can offer passing
Dembele to add a bit of muscle in the middle helping out Mason and Eriksen

I think 3 CB's who all are decent on the ball can deal with Barnes and Ings
their 4 in the middle will be out muscled by Rose, Lamela, Mason, Dembele & Stambouli.
There is also the potential for some quick passing , counter attacking football.

However it will be 4231.

I just don't think Walker is anywhere near match readiness. He seems to be miles off the pace mentally.
AT and Chadli offer little defensively & offensively
Nabil, sorry to say, has been very below par the last few games. Is giving the ball away too much when trying to pass forward, not imposing himself in the middle and is only making square and backwards passes.
I like him, but he is not immune from criticism.
He nearly cost us twice v Leicester giving it away with stray passes and didn't do much defensively.

Last edited:
Gutted I'm not going to be able to make this one, one of the games I was looking forward most this season. Annoying as I reckon they'll go down this season.
:walkercry:

Hopefully we beat them and snatch Igns in the summer.
....errrrgh, snatchings! Is that a Roger Melly/Profanisaurus description of exceptionally dry Lady bits?

snatch·ings (snăch′ĭngs)
n.
1. Multiple acts of such theft or larceny.
2. An underused area of the Lady Garden that is now as dry as a Pork Scratching

[formation=4231, Vorm, Walker, Dier, Fazio, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom