BT ad for City v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm so confident that we will lose that I'm going to look for little shimmers of things I could be happy about. Lamela scoring would be huge. Not being thrashed would also be huge.

Lemme guess... they start with a grainy black & white image of Crouch scoring at the away end to send Spurs fans into delirium, and into the Champions league...
...cue 'record scratch/back to reality' sound effect, and we're back into modern-day colour era (non of this old fashioned 2010 ancient-football stuff)... whilst being treated to images of Balotelli 'coolly' slotting away the last minute penalty, with pieces of Scott Parker's face still imbedded in his boot, and a thorough, 'revenge-earning/lesson learning' 6-goal spanking of 'little'club' Spurs at the hands of the 'establishment' BIG BOYS!!!
...yea, lemme fucking guess!

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing its along the same lines of the recent one that featured either Woolwich getting hammered 6-0 at Chelsea, or 4-0 at Liverpool or possibly both.

Brings a smile to my face everytime.

Last edited:
Been thinking about this match a lot this morning. Obviously there is the international break to think about, but we've got a good deal of time to work on the things we did poorly against Woolwich. Work on those quick incisive through balls and general counter attacking football. That's where we'll be able to hurt them is on the counter. It's either play like we played against Woolwich, but better, or watch us get absolutely demolished. If we play this way I could easily see the scoreline being 3-2 or 2-1. Losing by less than 3 points would actually make me happy though, so like I said previously, it's going to be the small things that I look for to give me any sort of joy in this match.

I just don't want to see us lose 5 or 6 nil.

City are not invincible, and have lost to others already this year. If Pochettino can build a game plan focusing on their weaknesses, and our players can follow and execute that plan, then we may have a shot. Unless you think Stoke are a better club than we are.

Lemme guess... they start with a grainy black & white image of Crouch scoring at the away end to send Spurs fans into delirium, and into the Champions league...
...cue 'record scratch/back to reality' sound effect, and we're back into modern-day colour era (non of this old fashioned 2010 ancient-football stuff)... whilst being treated to images of Balotelli 'coolly' slotting away the last minute penalty, with pieces of Scott Parker's face still imbedded in his boot, and a thorough, 'revenge-earning/lesson learning' 6-goal spanking of 'little'club' Spurs at the hands of the 'establishment' BIG BOYS!!!
...yea, lemme fucking guess!

Cold, cold, very cold.

Back
Top Bottom