Brum or Leeds, Who do you want to win tonight?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you have just admitted to hating a football team - without reason?
Who do you hate - the people who play for the team?
The players who used to play for the team?
The ground
The staff and management of the club?
The fans (name 10 of them, and even if you can, it still leaves 1000's more you don't know)

Like I said, hate is a big word, its implications are enormous - and require specific emotions and reasons to make the word alive.

You won't win me over on the plastic argument. I consider myself a plastic Spurs fan, and I have been going to see them since the early 70's. Anyone who lives 1,000s of miles away and puts a shirt on to watch them on TV is a plastic supporter. Real supporters get in and support.

I hate Leeds due to incidents with my family in the 80s, I hate them for hissing at the home fans in the cup in 2010. I have my reasons. The same way I hate Port Vale, West Ham, Woolwich and Chelsea.

Hate is a strong phrase I know, so is love, but do we really need to give reasons for loving something?

So what do you class as a plastic fan then, I don't consider you, or myself to be a plastic fan?

I live in Bracknell mate - can't get the time to see much in the way of games, and I think I'm a plastic supporter - why would I think any different of the tellyclappers brigade of fans?

Its like me saying I'm a Yankees fan, just because I saw them once and look for their results occasionally.

Having at least been once would make me a diehard supporter using arcspace as a yardstick.
: ostrich:

I hate Leeds due to incidents with my family in the 80s, I hate them for hissing at the home fans in the cup in 2010. I have my reasons. The same way I hate Port Vale, West Ham, Woolwich and Chelsea.

Hate is a strong phrase I know, so is love, but do we really need to give reasons for loving something?

So what do you class as a plastic fan then, I don't consider you, or myself to be a plastic fan?

I already answered the last line I think.

OK - its a fair cop - if your family took some bad treatment off Leeds fans I get it. But do you get my point? Who do you hate, the fans because of your families experience? I could introduce you to hundreds of Leeds fans who you would think were great and you'd have a great time in their company - wearing club colours and shooting the shit - and if we tried for a few minutes, on a match day, we could probably find plenty of Spurs supporters that would embarrass the life out of us.

I used to hate the Revie Leeds of the 70's because they were a nasty bunch of cunts, but the football supporter in me used to make me marvel at what they could do to teams on the football field - we rarely got to beat them and I used to hate it when we played them.

But you and I have a real reason for our feelings (I couldn't care less about them or their supporters now TBF)

So I stand by my comments slating someone from 11,000 miles away - trying to curry favour by saying he "hates" Leeds, its nonsensical and childish.

:harryfacepalm::harryfacepalm::harryfacepalm::harryfacepalm::harryfacepalm::harryfacepalm::harryfacepalm:

If you have something to say - something worthwhile, then say it

anyone can post silly pictures

I guess your problem is that you are another plastic fan (by my definition,) and it hurts to be labeled in that way. Before you try to have a go - please note that I believe I fit into the same category.

Tommy Harmer Tommy Harmer agree with you there, still think it's unfair to criticise or judge a fan by the distance they live from the ground.

I think that arcspace is the worst poster I have seen on a spurs forum - bar none, anywhere. Oh with the exception of a plastic gooner from SA who posts shite on ASS.

I fucking detest his posts, his faux spurs gung ho bollocks and his puerile observations on the game.

He totally shit on glory glory as message board, and its only because now more and more posters are telling him what a cunt he is, that he has come to this site to fuck it up. Trust me, if he comes here permanently, it will be the internet equivalent of getting AIDS.

ON GG he was equated to an open sewer, he shits on every thread, posting thousands of posts a month poncing his meaningless and fatuous opinions on everything and everyone - displaying his ignorance on all levels.

Him "hating" Leeds is just another example of his insidious weasel words.

I hope that goes some way to explaining my POV

"Anyone who lives 1,000s of miles away and puts a shirt on to watch them on TV is a plastic supporter. Real supporters get in and support."

You're a fucking ballbag. 'Real supporters get in and support' ? I can guarantee you I show 10x the passion you do in my living room. How the fuck can people from South Africa get over and support when it'll cost them a lot of money, just to get here never mind accommodation and tickets. Have a bit of sense.

If you have something to say - something worthwhile, then say it

anyone can post silly pictures

I guess your problem is that you are another plastic fan (by my definition,) and it hurts to be labeled in that way. Before you try to have a go - please note that I believe I fit into the same category.
I was wondering why you need to be able to name individual fans to think that the fan base are cunty.

Your opinion on whether or not I am a plastic fan could not mean less to me

fans1.JPG

You had your scarf nicked??

Hate is a big word.
I went to Elland road several times during Leeds heyday, and had my scarf nicked, coins thrown, real aggressive shitty behaviour from the Leeds fans - I'd say I had reason to dislike Leeds fans, or the club or whatever.
How can anyone hate a another club - for no discernable reason?

Well that's reason enough for me... You DON'T nick a man's scarf without dire consequences!

Personally, my obscure soft spot for Leeds stems from them being the first team I completed in my Panini Football '80 sticker book... I realise that has no actual bearing in the real world... But each to his own, I'm a lover not a hater... Except where ArseAnal are concerned!!

So you have just admitted to hating a football team - without reason?
Who do you hate - the people who play for the team?
The players who used to play for the team?
The ground
The staff and management of the club?
The fans (name 10 of them, and even if you can, it still leaves 1000's more you don't know)

Like I said, hate is a big word, its implications are enormous - and require specific emotions and reasons to make the word alive.

You won't win me over on the plastic argument. I consider myself a plastic Spurs fan, and I have been going to see them since the early 70's. Anyone who lives 1,000s of miles away and puts a shirt on to watch them on TV is a plastic supporter. Real supporters get in and support.

There is an issue here I'd like to address.

You (rightly) point out that 'hate' is very much an extreme and, without good reason, shouldn't really be bandied about. However, people do use the word with regularity and often in place other words that would express a dislike without going to such an extreme, but this is what people do so it's best to try and see past it.

You then go on to label people 'plastic supporters' due to your own definition of what that means. Much like the word 'hate' being used in the wrong context, I (and due to the responses you receive, a few others) feel that a 'plastic supporter' has a different connotation. To my mind, a plastic is a fake fan, one who claims to be a Tottenham Hotspur supporter but doesn't actually follow the team or watch the games or involve themselves emotionally in any way whatsoever.
A supporter would be someone who supports the club either vocally and financially by going to games, or just financially by buying the merchandise.
I consider myself a fan for I am fanatical about Spurs (hence me spending more time than is necessary on Spurs forums). I don't get to go to games anymore, nor do I spend lots of money on official stuff, but the fact I go looking for dodgy streams on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon, sit at my PC with my heart racing as we cling on to a slender lead, and go through all the emotional shit that comes with supporting Spurs and have it affect how I go about my day, make me more than a plastic...by my definition.

I can deal with you not agreeing with my politics, opinions or footballing ideals, thats your choice

but I am not guilty of the things I accused him of.

Of being one of the worst posters ever seen on a Spurs forum, shitting on every thread, poncing meaningless and fatuous opinions and people thinking he's a cunt...I'm sure there's more than a few posters thinking that might apply to you too.

Back
Top Bottom