Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well to be fair, i too have a heart and huge will to win everything i participate at.
should somebody buy me for 20 mill ? i used to play LB, LW, CM and ACM so thats 5 mil more, who cares i had like 2 decent games under my belt like ever.
but my former teams striker told i pass like Özil (huge insult), so i got that going for me , extra 10 million
so thats :
10 million - Heart
10 million - Will to Win
5 million - 1,25 million per position
5 million - for passing

now that's logic

Lol that's the Holtby theory. lol. Honestly I think people just fall for players with fun selfies too.
But man did he try hard. lol.

Has anyone noticed Stambouli bears an uncanny resemblance to the word Stromboli?

"Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various cheeses, typically mozzarella, Italian meats such as salami, capicola and bresaola or vegetables. The dough traditionally used is Italian bread dough"

Does anyone else think Bentaleb/Capoue is quite good and doesn't want to change that formula?
It is quite good but not for big games imo. I rate Bentaleb and want him to play lots but there are certain games someone more experienced would be better alongside Capoue imo. For example games against teams with lots of players who move around off the ball like scum, shitty, bindippers etc.
Defensively he is reasonably solid as in he doesn't get beaten much but his awareness and marking isn't good enough yet to be a nailed on starter. I'd prefer Moose or Stambouli alongside Capoue in these games.

It is quite good but not for big games imo. I rate Bentaleb and want him to play lots but there are certain games someone more experienced would be better alongside Capoue imo. For example games against teams with lots of players who move around off the ball like scum, shitty, bindippers etc.
Defensively he is reasonably solid as in he doesn't get beaten much but his awareness and marking isn't good enough yet to be a nailed on starter. I'd prefer Moose or Stambouli alongside Capoue in these games.

Yeah I completely agree with that, I think Capoue/Bentaleb will work fine against all the teams that arent the top 5. Personally I think Dembele is good against the top 5 as he is great at holding onto the ball and relieving pressure, just isnt very good at distributing the ball quickly which is needed vs teams that park the bus.

Does anyone else think Bentaleb/Capoue is quite good and doesn't want to change that formula?

I like the pairing but I don't think they offer as much as perhaps someone a bit more experienced could partnered with Capoue, I'd like them to contribute in/around the box more like you see the top teams do.

Lots of talk about best pairing - Dembele/Capoue, Bentaleb/Dembele, Stambouli/Capoue etc...
To be fair we have a deep squad with perhaps 8 or so first named players the others different reasons to be picked or rested.
So Poch quite simply has to get every player capable of starting and then letting players determine wether motivation, luck or form puts them on the starting sheet.
For me let Poch pick the most game ready player being mindful of the game/travel rotation required.
I just want to win.

Lots of talk about best pairing - Dembele/Capoue, Bentaleb/Dembele, Stambouli/Capoue etc...
To be fair we have a deep squad with perhaps 8 or so first named players the others different reasons to be picked or rested.
So Poch quite simply has to get every player capable of starting and then letting players determine wether motivation, luck or form puts them on the starting sheet.
For me let Poch pick the most game ready player being mindful of the game/travel rotation required.
I just want to win.
I'd go for Paulinho and Chiriches.... :adegrin:

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Paulinho, Chiriches, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, Adebayor][/formation]

A mobile CDM, yes please!
Starting to loose a bit of faith with Capoue, involved in a few goals conceded by us now.
Henderson's untracked run on 1st Liverpool goal.
1st Sunderland goal he was caught still along with Dier and Kaboul.
Also moved in the complete wrong direction when Dier conceded the penalty against Liverpool, which, had he moved the correct direction, Dier would not have committed that foul.
I'm calling for an experimentation with Stambouli and Dembele.

Just checking the stats from the Sunderland game and one that jumps out at me is Stambouli's 5 tackles in 20mins of gametime. Really good short stint defensively, would like to see more of this fella as he could be really useful in freeing up the rest of the team to push on.

His little cameo was impressive. Some players naturally have a knack for knowing how to position their body/legs when going for 50-50s and sticking a leg in etc. I'm very excited to see him play more. I'd love to see him, Capoue and Dembele in the same team when we play the big boys.

New Tottenham signing Benjamin Stambouli did not have much time to make an impression on his debut, so made every minute count:

Capture.png

#Impressive

Back
Top Bottom