Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I've mentioned before and it's been brought up recently is this thread Davies' future is at CB, he's playing their now for Wales. If we win we will go top of the euro qualifiers group!
Whilst I've heard all this in the past and how Laudrup said he's future position should be centre back (Where is Laudrup now anyway?) - Has he played against anyone good in this position, I see Wales drew with Belgium, did he feature at centre half?

I'd rather see him as DM in Masons role. For Wales he played as CB in a back three which is completely different to the CB in a back-four formation. For me he's exactly the right type of player for DM, combining both defensive stability and high workrate.
Would love to see Poch trying him there (e.g. in test games in Summer).

Last edited:
Whilst I've heard all this in the past and how Laudrup said he's future position should be centre back (Where is Laudrup now anyway?) - Has he played against anyone good in this position, I see Wales drew with Belgium, did he feature at centre half?
Yeah he played there against Belgium as a CB, also in Laudrup's last season he played against Liverpool for the last few minutes as a CB had 1 memorable challenge like the one against Bony this season for us!
He's just an amazing tackler imo

Crossed paths with him at Stratford this evening and said took the opportuntity to say hello - a really friendly and down-to-earth guy, said the team are due to fly out to the US this sunday.

I listened to "Ben" by Michael Jackson the other day. How weird that he would make a song about a football player in the future. Look at the lyrics.

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
We needed cover for the left back position and there you are Ben..
With a friend to call my own
Everyone connected to Spurs are friends, erm, well, almost.
:adebaehug:
I'll never be alone
I'll admit, that sounds a bit like Michael thought you'd sing for Liverpool. Thanks for choosing us Ben.
And you my friend will see
You've got a friend in me
As long as you play well, and at times you have, it will stay like that.
(You've got a friend in me)
As said above, Ben, it's not quite unconditional.

Ben, you're always running here and there
(Here and there)
Yes you do, and you need to sort out that defensive positioning of yours Ben, you really do. Even dead non-football pundits seem to realize, so please note.
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
(Anywhere)
Especially after you dislocated your shoulder Ben and played a shocker vs Southampton.
If you ever look behind
Just forget about Southampton, you and we all, need to move on from that game.
And don't like what you find
As above, you will not like what you find, just forget it Ben, it was a shocker of a game.
There's something you should know
You've got a place to go
You can go to Stoke or Sunderland.
(You've got a place to go)

I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
At the time being, this could change next week.
Doesn't necessarily mean it will stay that way during the January transfer window..

Ben, most people would turn you away
Especially after that Southampton game.
I don't listen to a word they say
I have to admit Ben, after that game, I had to listen to what they had to say.
They don't see you as I do
That is not quite true, many share my opinion of you as the best left back in the game.
I wish they would try to
Thoughts can move mountains.
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(A friend)
Like Ben
Yes, they'd think again. Every team needs a Ben.

Last edited:
I listened to "Ben" by Michael Jackson the other way. How weird that he would make a song about a football player in the future. Look at the lyrics.

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
We needed cover for the left back position and there you are Ben..
With a friend to call my own
Everyone connected to Spurs are friends, erm, well, almost.
:adebaehug:
I'll never be alone
I'll admit, that sounds a bit like Michael thought you'd sing for Liverpool. Thanks for choosing us Ben.
And you my friend will see
You've got a friend in me
As long as you play well, and at times you have, it will stay like that.
(You've got a friend in me)
As said above, Ben, it's not quite unconditional.

Ben, you're always running here and there
(Here and there)
Yes you do, and you need to sort out that defensive positioning of yours Ben, you really do. Even dead non-football pundits seem to realize, so please note.
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
(Anywhere)
Especially after you dislocated your shoulder Ben and played a shocker vs Southampton.
If you ever look behind
Just forget about Southampton, you and we all, need to move on from that game.
And don't like what you find
As above, you will not like what you find, just forget it Ben, it was a shocker of a game.
There's something you should know
You've got a place to go
You can go to Stoke or Sunderland.
(You've got a place to go)

At the time being, this could change next week.
Doesn't necessarily mean January transfer

Ben, most people would turn you away
Especially after that Southampton game.
I don't listen to a word they say
I have to admit Ben, after that game, I had to listen to what they had to say.
They don't see you as I do
That is not quite true, many share my opinion of you as the best left back in the game.
I wish they would try to
Thoughts can move mountains.
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(A friend)
Like Ben
Yes, they'd think again. Every team needs a Ben.
You do know that song is about a rat, don't you?
:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom