Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luke shaw still has good class, not sure what LvG is doing with him to be honest.

Just happy now we have a left back who understands what it is too defend.

Trying to prove he's a genius by just letting the children run free. Or whatever shit came spewing from his ugly face a few days ago.

In case you legitimately didn't know what I was just referring to there, he was talking about yelling to players while on the touchline:

"I don't see any influence from me when I am there shouting,'' he said. "They are not understanding you.

"With the fans in the Premier League shouting so much, they can't understand you. That's why I'm always on the bench. You have trained them to read the game by themselves all week.

"It is much more important that they are more involved with the game, that they make their own decisions. It is like a child - you educate them.''

In case you legitimately didn't know what I was just referring to there, he was talking about yelling to players while on the touchline:

"I don't see any influence from me when I am there shouting,'' he said. "They are not understanding you.

"With the fans in the Premier League shouting so much, they can't understand you. That's why I'm always on the bench. You have trained them to read the game by themselves all week.

"It is much more important that they are more involved with the game, that they make their own decisions. It is like a child - you educate them.''

Lvg has a reputation of talking down to people and not just kids but everyone, if he were at your place of work he would think you an idiot and tell everyone what to do. He's clever but an arrogant barstard.

Lvg has a reputation of talking down to people and not just kids but everyone, if he were at your place of work he would think you an idiot and tell everyone what to do. He's clever but an arrogant barstard.

Yeah, absolutely. Won't lie and say that I didn't want him to come to Spurs last summer, but now that I've seen so much of him, I truly can't stand the guy.

Yeah, absolutely. Won't lie and say that I didn't want him to come to Spurs last summer, but now that I've seen so much of him, I truly can't stand the guy.

He is similar to Fergie in that respect. Big clubs and I mean big clubs (not artifical money clubs like chelsea and Man City) such as Man United, liverpool, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern Munich often tend to get and maybe need the tough arrogant manager to work.

Lvg probably wouldn't work with us and we would certainly not have a transfer budget to match his expectations.

He is similar to Fergie in that respect. Big clubs and I mean big clubs (not artifical money clubs like chelsea and Man City) such as Man United, liverpool, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern Munich often tend to get and maybe need the tough arrogant manager to work.

Lvg probably wouldn't work with us and we would certainly not have a transfer budget to match his expectations.
His expectations are fucked. He flirted with us/British media about Spurs ... & went to to United. He blew a fortune building a team to win the EPL-not challenge for top 4. & it's not put him at the top of the pile where the arrogant cunt expected to be. He is in danger of losing his reputation too. £100 plus million spent & a team that was hanging on against us isn't a great advert for his ability- nor is bringing on 3 defenders in the second half. He said he wanted to test his ability in the toughest league in the world, & yet with the most famous international brand & money to burn, he is failing at the moment. Love to be proven wrong, and Poch is the better man regardless of trophies won & worldliness. LVG is a has been. Poch is a gonna be i reckon.

You serious mate liverpool much as they annoy have won the European cup 5 times have an enormous worldwide fan base so on and so on, them and United are the biggest british clubs.
Hate to say it- but it's right. Trophies won =respect/support worldwide= worldwide branding. United & liverpool are still head & shoulders above the rest. I'd still rather be a Spurs fan tho. Tradition means as much to me- even tho we take the body shots from all the rest. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. Cue an N17 troops gif.

He looked useless early on this season in his odd appearances, now I look forward to seeing his name on the team sheet. Just hope he stays steady and keeps progressing rather than suffering a Spursy setback and decline.

Luke shaw still has good class, not sure what LvG is doing with him to be honest.

Just happy now we have a left back who understands what it is too defend.
Just dropped on this. Luke Shaw is quality- as much as I # hate-united. I think he is better than anything we have in that position. But we are getting there & it's about the sum of all the parts. Great away record & home record improving. Fuck who may arguably be better than what we have. The gaffer is doing ok so far & let's see. We have been blessed in a few games & it's looked dreadful at times. But we are still
There in all comps. I wanted the quadruple, hoped for a trophy & expected fuck all. That sums up Spurs for me.

The more I see this lad, the more I don't think he is good enough. He just doesn't seem to have much about him. He is the definition of average. Average at the back. Average going forward. Average crossing. Average pace. Nothing about him excites me. He is not capable of beating his man often enough, and he lacks the pace to get back when we get countered.

I really can't see how he has improved the squad, and he certainly hasn't looked better than Rose this season.
Had his best game against Everton in a Spurs shirt to date (as did most of the team!). He looked really solid at the back, seemed to communicate well with Verts, and was very tidy in possession.

My assessment above may very well have been premature. If he can keep performing like that, he'll be a real asset to the team.
Well since my initial assessment, the boy has come on leaps and bounds, and despite Rose's good start to the season, I genuinely think Davies now picks himself.

His performances have been excellent, looks very composed, and a rare quality in a full back these days, he's better at defending than attacking!

Great to have two left backs competing, no doubt they will push each other along. The days of Verts and Naughton at LB seem an age ago.

Thank fuck.

Just dropped on this. Luke Shaw is quality- as much as I # hate-united. I think he is better than anything we have in that position. But we are getting there & it's about the sum of all the parts. Great away record & home record improving. Fuck who may arguably be better than what we have. The gaffer is doing ok so far & let's see. We have been blessed in a few games & it's looked dreadful at times. But we are still
There in all comps. I wanted the quadruple, hoped for a trophy & expected fuck all. That sums up Spurs for me.
If you offered me Shaw for £26m, or Davies for £10m, I'd take Ben.

Shaw, when not injured, looks a little out of his depth at the moment, and seems to be declining. Davies is growing with every game.

With the right mentoring, no injuries and consistent playing time I honestly think he could be a solid LB for us for the next ten years. Either that or I'm getting hugely carried away..

He's been a bit 'unfortunate' with his move to Tottenham, Rose was a car crash before his arrival so he must have thought he'd be an instant starter in the team. I still change my opinion on whether he should be first choice or not, right now Rose is playing well and scoring goals so I'm leaning towards Rose.

Rose has been good as of late, but I still like Ben Davies and I think they should definitely be rotated according to opposition threats and home vs away. In games where we are likely to be stretched and scrapping, go for Danny. In games where we are likely to control the possession and look to break down - go for Ben.

Rose has been good as of late, but I still like Ben Davies and I think they should definitely be rotated according to opposition threats and home vs away. In games where we are likely to be stretched and scrapping, go for Danny. In games where we are likely to control the possession and look to break down - go for Ben.
Not sure I agree. The lack of Rose's and Walkers pace yesterday was so evident and I would hardly say Davies has been particularly solid for us so far. At the moment I say keep Davies in reserve, use him when needed and let him show why he deserves a first team place rather than hindering our attacking play for the sake of it.

Back
Top Bottom