Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no realistic chance that Davies will become another Bale. Bale is a phenomenon, a force of nature, a player with incredible talents and abilities. He was one of the greatest players ever to don a Spurs jersey, right up there with Cliff Jones.

If Davies becomes a Corluka+ player, that'll do me nicely.

he hardly did last season anyway, or was Naughton at left back some fucked up dream (nightmare) I've been having? PLEASE TELL ME MY BRAIN MADE THAT UP!>!?!?!?±
esure_car_insurance_sponsored_channel_4_weather_reports_michael_winner.jpg

What are peoples rankings on the best left backs in the league last season? Where does Davies fall in there? Top 7?

God knows, all I remember was just how classy shaw looked last season for the saints and england u21 and thinking if only then laughing when I saw the stupid price united paid for him.

There is no realistic chance that Davies will become another Bale. Bale is a phenomenon, a force of nature, a player with incredible talents and abilities. He was one of the greatest players ever to don a Spurs jersey, right up there with Cliff Jones.

If Davies becomes a Corluka+ player, that'll do me nicely.

Bale had great talent but he was so dedicated to self improvement he just seems to get better and better. Bale was not as good as Barkley or sterling at their age but then again Rooney was better than bale at age 20 so development is an unpredictable business.

My gut feeling is that Barkley will be better than Rooney or Gerrard, he has a class about him i haven't seen since gazza but he is still 2-3 years away from consistent performances. Shaw and stones will be probably the best two young players in the prem next year but we have no chance with either of them

It certainly feels that way. It's been our weak link for so many years now

Ziege was and did it for years at top clubs, then he came here and got John Scales Disease, sadly - only class LB we've had for years. Hopefully Davies will grow into a top player as MoPo likes his young chaps (ooer)

Ziege was and did it for years at top clubs, then he came here and got John Scales Disease, sadly - only class LB we've had for years. Hopefully Davies will grow into a top player as MoPo likes his young chaps (ooer)

oops, forgot about Ziege, who was very good, but more injury prone than sicknote.

Back
Top Bottom