Audi Cup 2015 - showing on Premier Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think my comment was coming across as being some kind of 'super fan' you're very much mistaken. I don't see it like that at all. I went to Cyprus, Turkey & Italy this year with Spurs - I don't think that makes me a bigger fan than anyone else. I got 4 nights in Ayia Napa, 2 nights in Istanbul, and 1 night in Florence out of it, whilst most people were working (or school/college I assume in your case Benny Benny ). I was gaining from it.

I consider anyone who was at Burnley last Sunday, Burnley on that Monday for the FA Cup 3rd round game, Newcastle this Sunday, FA Cup replays at home to Burnley, Liverpool away on Tuesday nights etc as 'super fans'.

It is an unbelievable place

Couldn't agree more. (That said I was a tad dissapointed with Oslo)

I would love to go back, not for football, but prices, as you know over there were beyond a joke & really does put me off a bit. Beyond Glad I went. Me missing 65 minutes of Spurs v Tromso won't change my memories of that trip in anyway.

I consider anyone who was at Burnley last Sunday, Burnley on that Monday for the FA Cup 3rd round game, Newcastle this Sunday, FA Cup replays at home to Burnley, Liverpool away on Tuesday nights etc as 'super fans'.

Some say super fans...

#WeakLemonDrink

Not one part in particular, feels like you're insinuating that because I didn't want to fork out £50+ on a friendly ticket, I'm not a real fan. I can't afford to take trips away that often, I have to go by what's feasible.

If you weren't implying that, then it's all good!

Just so I can get my head around your comment. You're saying that because I told you to not go to the game at all, rather than pay £50 to go to the game I was insinuating that I was a bigger fan than you? Christ almighty.

Are you half cut, or just wet behind the ears?

Couldn't agree more. (That said I was a tad dissapointed with Oslo)

I would love to go back, not for football, but prices, as you know over there were beyond a joke & really does put me off a bit. Beyond Glad I went. Me missing 65 minutes of Spurs v Tromso won't change my memories of that trip in anyway.

Oslo can be a great city too, but you need time to find the real charm of the city, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Great you enjoyed Tromsø!

On subject; I hope I can go to Munich if this happens.

Flights look a good price around the 3rd/4th week of July for £70-100 depending on airport and airline.
Just waiting for the club to confirm it before booking anything.

Flights look a good price around the 3rd/4th week of July for £70-100 depending on airport and airline.
Just waiting for the club to confirm it before booking anything.

My birthday weekend too. Not sure what I've done to deserve this. :avblol:

Lot of hate for it on Social Media because it will "destroy confidence" but I think it has its merits.

Same fans that will moan that we don't get Champions League football, yet we play Champions League quality teams in a meaningless friendly and they still moan.

could do with it being a long weekend away type trip instead of midweek as I've already booked off enough holiday with work. if not they'll get over it eventually. should be a top trip

Fuck. I am, aren't I?
tumblr_inline_mjaxrbMkh51qz4rgp.gif

I went Tromso and it was indeed an amazing place. Highlight for me was probably taking a trip the day after the game up the coast by coach and back by Hurtigruten boat (all in darkness, mind). It's about the whole experience for me, which includes the game. I wouldn't go somewhere in Europe on the official "fly in...see the game...fly straight back home" trip but at the same time I wouldn't go somewhere without a match ticket either, and I'd be fucking pissed off if I went all the way to, say, Tromso and could not get in the ground.

At times in domestic away games I've enjoyed the pre-match singsong in the concourse more than watching the game, but I count that as part of the game really.

I went Tromso and it was indeed an amazing place. Highlight for me was probably taking a trip the day after the game up the coast by coach and back by Hurtigruten boat (all in darkness, mind). It's about the whole experience for me, which includes the game. I wouldn't go somewhere in Europe on the official "fly in...see the game...fly straight back home" trip but at the same time I wouldn't go somewhere without a match ticket either, and I'd be fucking pissed off if I went all the way to, say, Tromso and could not get in the ground.

At times in domestic away games I've enjoyed the pre-match singsong in the concourse more than watching the game, but I count that as part of the game really.
Waking up 10am hungover, in the pitch black, and walking to Burger King (Brits abroad and all that) for breakfast was nothing but and total and utter mind fuck.

Then why are you watching it? Why the hell would you go to Tromsø only to stay 25 minutes in the stadium? Surely a waste of time? (no need to do the Shirley joke).

I personally enjoy the social side of things more than the football itself in most cases, but still I agree with you.

Seems like it's become somewhat "cool" among parts of our fanbase to brag about traveling far with Spurs and then not bother about the game or just leave early/turn up late. I see comments like that all the time.

And by the way, I'd be up for a trip to Munich!

I personally enjoy the social side of things more than the football itself in most cases, but still I agree with you.

Seems like it's become somewhat "cool" among parts of our fanbase to brag about traveling far with Spurs and then not bother about the game or just leave early/turn up late. I see comments like that all the time.

And by the way, I'd be up for a trip to Munich!

Oh, I do love the social side of things too..

I think in many cases (maybe not all), the fan involved cares more about the game than they let on.

Interesting that in continental Europe/ultras culture, it is considered "cooler" (as well as better) to stay til the end no matter what the result. Maybe it reflects, at some level, the gap between fans and players/clubs, the unfair ticket pricing etc. we have in the UK.

Just so I can get my head around your comment. You're saying that because I told you to not go to the game at all, rather than pay £50 to go to the game I was insinuating that I was a bigger fan than you? Christ almighty.

Are you half cut, or just wet behind the ears?

Far from it, I just wanted to make sure you weren't insinuating that I was less of a fan because I wasn't sure whether to go to a friendly in Germany depending on the price.

Back
Top Bottom