Anton Walkes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
CotWO7EUIAAGkY1.jpg

Anton Walkes

Don't think I saw a thread on him. Went to Australia in pre-season with us and came off the bench against the likes of Juventus and Atletico Madrid. Come off the bench again today to make his first team debut for the club.

I think in pre-season I saw him play the likes of centre half and right back and today he came on as a left back, whilst the official website lists him as a midfielder. So he's pretty versatile, which we know Pochettino likes in a player, also believe I heard the commentator in todays game say that they think he could be the next Eric Dier as he came on to play left back. I don't know whether that means he's important in versatility like Dier is or he's going to end up becoming a key component in our team.

Would be interesting to see what those who watch our youth think of him, what they have thought of him as he's progressed, what his best position will be and whether or not he will make the cut.

So apparently Walkes is on loan to our new MLS franchise here in Atlanta.

Would be interesting to see if the Eales links are strong and there may be some back scratching, like loans etc...

I do not follow MLS, but I am aware of Eales forming this team from scratch. Is the club up and running now, playing games etc.?

MLS season starts in March and training began just this week. Atlanta United is a brand new franchise so there should be a lot of opportunity for him to get game time.

Would be interesting to see if the Eales links are strong and there may be some back scratching, like loans etc...

I do not follow MLS, but I am aware of Eales forming this team from scratch. Is the club up and running now, playing games etc.?

As ajachilles says, the MLS season begins in March. I think Eales is building the team the right way, he made the academy his first priority and is focusing on youth rather than bringing in big names who's better days are behind them. I expect some growing pains but we shall see.

...wow... you're good!
Teach me the secrets to this Sorcerer's Wizardry!

A trial version of a piece of software that's 16 years old, and currently 1496 days into my 30 day evaluation period.

Plus 16 years of casual experience.

Strange he's gone to the MLS with Atlanta... it's hardly down the road!
Is anyone at the club gonna be able to watch his games, observe his progress and report back...
or have thy written this one off??

...unless someone at the club fancies a US Jolly-up!

Back
Top Bottom