Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
u wot m8

Townsend is 5ft 11

Townsend is almost 6 foot? No fucking way is he 5 11! Is that some age/height fixing for contracts? Haha.

Let's say if he is 5 11. (He's not). If that is the only thing you can pick out then he has problems. He is the only player at spurs who has a worse stat for winning headers than Lennon.

Townsend is 1.81m tall - 5'11. Not sure why you think that's odd.

Funny stat pic thing from what I assume is November time

td-2013183.jpg

Townsend is 1.81m tall - 5'11. Not sure why you think that's odd.

1652.jpg

I mean Lennon is shorter as he was officially the shortest player in the league...But no way is Townsend almost 6 foot tall. His cranium can't give him another 3 inches. Kane is 6 foot.

Pic reminds me how much i hate red on our shirts.

Last edited:
We could be watching Woolwich get CL because the tiny dancers like Townsend who have not scored from any shots this season, and has not had a single prem assist meant we could not put on more pressure.
Can't argue with that really. But I do still enjoy watching our nippy dribblers ( AKA tiny dancer), its entertaining, if ultimately frustrating.

For what its worth... I know a lot of people seem to get very pissed of with you Mr Gibbs but I actually find myself agreeing with you more often than not.

Can't argue with that really. But I do still enjoy watching our nippy dribblers ( AKA tiny dancer), its entertaining, if ultimately frustrating.

For what its worth... I know a lot of people seem to get very pissed of with you Mr Gibbs but I actually find myself agreeing with you more often than not.

(tears up) haha cheers.

1652.jpg

I mean Lennon is shorter as he was officially the shortest player in the league...But no way is Townsend almost 6 foot tall. His cranium can't give him another 3 inches. Kane is 6 foot.

well if lloris is 6ft 2, and archer is 6ft 3, then no way kane is 6ft. :p

Like Ginola said some time ago, Townsend needs help to develop his technical ability and decision making in the final 3rd. Is he getting the training for it?. Because quite frankly all his dribbling ability is absolutely wasted when he tries to kill pigeons by shooting and completely ignores the striker in the box.
Goals and assists are the bread and butter of an attacking midfielder.He still needs to develop to be good enough to start for spurs.

Like Ginola said some time ago, Townsend needs help to develop his technical ability and decision making in the final 3rd. Is he getting the training for it?. Because quite frankly all his dribbling ability is absolutely wasted when he tries to kill pigeons by shooting and completely ignores the striker in the box.
Goals and assists are the bread and butter of an attacking midfielder.He still needs to develop to be good enough to start for spurs.

For real. The big shame is we spent as much on our training facility that Swansea did one their new stadium...But we have the old boys network of coaches controlling it.

wheels-fall-off-o.gif

I think Townsend is severly unrrated. His dribblig and pace abilities demand double teams opening up spacefor other players. Next season I would be very happy to have deadela - Eriksen - Townsend (left side).
Townsend making runs and either going to the byline and crossing or getting doubled and opening up space for Lamela and Eriksen. Townsend is trying to do too much and we expect too much from him. Right now he isnt a match winner but I honestly believe in a few years he could be

1652.jpg

Kane is 6'2, Townsend is 5'11

Official spurs site is the main source of my info.

I think Townsend is severly unrrated. His dribblig and pace abilities demand double teams opening up spacefor other players. Next season I would be very happy to have deadela - Eriksen - Townsend (left side).
Townsend making runs and either going to the byline and crossing or getting doubled and opening up space for Lamela and Eriksen. Townsend is trying to do too much and we expect too much from him. Right now he isnt a match winner but I honestly believe in a few years he could be

Townsend, Eriksen, Lamela = Ramos era soft Spurs. We made the same mistakes all season, overloading the team with too many players with gifts but not a lot to offer when the going gets tough.

All he needs is no keeper and he'll be fine.

To be honest I hate that type of training. Almost all training footage I see from Spurs makes me cringe.

You never have space in the prem, and you don't just take a shot. In a real game your lungs are bursting, your legs are like lead etc etc. IMO shooting practice should all come hand in hand with sprints and obstacles. Save that shit for set pieces. I don't know shit about it to be honest, but I know that his time could be better spent than that.

It could be reacting to breakdowns from corners I suppose. The rare occasion where it just drops to you.

Back
Top Bottom