And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh fuck really. How much more can they fuck about with this competition? Ridiculous. So the longer it goes on, the more arbitrary it becomes? Joke.

I can see two sides to it;

Good: Prevents bus-parking to "force a replay". Less matches to play.
Bad: A lesser team drawn at "home" won't have the potential to split the turnstile takings at a large capacity ground.

Bad: A lesser team drawn at "home" won't have the potential to split the turnstile takings at a large capacity ground.
But why change the rules halfway through the tournament? I'm not that bothered as far as we're concerned, but it all helps to undermine a competition that's already on its arse.

Trust le arse to get not only a bye in the 5th round, but a bye in the quarters too.

Having said that, our draw has been favourable this season too.

Can't decide who i want to lose in the cunt-off. On the one hand i can't stand Maureen, on the other i can't stand the Russian mob-owned shambles.

Hopefully we'll play them either in the semi or final, and beat them, and that will ensure that Wenger stays another year having not won anything. The meltdown on Woolwich Fan TV will be glorious.

It doesn't prevent bus parking as people can just play for penalties.
The smaller teams will just have to try to win and get through to the next round. I'd allow them to play away if they want to. Far too many games

Last edited:
Woolwich were going to give Sutton all the gate receipts £100k and £250k in TV money.
They weren't allowed to by the FA
Now it's a nice gesture but it's could be seen as bribery if they win.
Even if they win and give it to them after the game
What the fuck are they playing at?

There are other ways of doing this. What about after the final is played you make a donation of your FA cup receipts, including money from Preston, Southampton and whoever you get in the semis or final, and donate it to non league football.

Don't be daft. Football violence is about hiding in a crowd of 50 plus pissed up "mates" - that way you can tell anyone how hard you are.
Unlike being an internet hard man, you do actually have to turn up though.
Its all about safety in numbers, those who chance it on their own fancy themselves or are fucking stupid

Do you know what the best bit about the draw was yesterday, and the whole weekend of FA Cup?

No fucking Liverpool, was glorious knowing they have absolutely nothing to do with it, out of every cup competition and nobody talking about you, must be torture for you pricks, maybe have a minutes silence?

Don't be daft. Football violence is about hiding in a crowd of 50 plus pissed up "mates" - that way you can tell anyone how hard you are.
Unlike being an internet hard man, you do actually have to turn up though.
It was a post on a Millwall thread nowt to do with being a hard guy he was asking other fans if they had a spare ticket would they concider him cos he'd never been to the lane and considered the lane as a"proper" football stadium old school sadly not many left,if any! I used the word "mob" just as a term not meaning owt else!

It was a post on a Millwall thread nowt to do with being a hard guy he was asking other fans if they had a spare ticket would they concider him cos he'd never been to the lane and considered the lane as a"proper" football stadium old school sadly not many left,if any! I used the word "mob" just as a term not meaning owt else!
None of my post was directed at you or him, so I apologise for giving that impression. It was just a tongue in cheek comment for a cheap laugh - not directed at either of you. Sorry about that.

Now we can talk about the next round. Going to be difficult but I fully expect Chelsea to get through and want to avoid them most. Either of the other teams would be better. The Manchester teams could be involved in Europe just before and if MU get through which I doubt they will play Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom