And so,the Europa League!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For all the inevitable questions about who we can draw, I refer you to 2016–17 UEFA Europa League - Wikipedia

Already we know that we can't draw Zenit, Roma, Ajax, Shakhtar, Schalke, Sparta Prague, Copenhagen, Lyon, Besiktas, Man U or Soton; we know that we could draw Krasnodar, Rostov, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Legia Warsaw, or Ludogorets Razgrad.
Check it at about 10 pm tonight, it'll have been updated after the Europa group matches finish.

So basically we're going to be playing on a shit pitch in freezing cold temperatures hundreds of miles away......fantastic

Right, before we go down the route of totally writing off the Europa League...
and thinking we're bigger than a EUROPEAN COMPETITION to ever bother trying to be in it...

let me first refer you to what it used to mean to our Club to not only participate in, but to actually attempt to win the thing!

cast your eyes over these...

3728.jpg
1445550_w2.jpg
uefa_cup_winners_1984.jpg
2DA9EBFB00000578-3284626-image-a-25_1445518335679.jpg

NOW TELL ME IT DOESN'T MATTER!!

Two of the best nights I have ever had were at the home legs of the EL (or what ever it was called then) when we one it all those years ago. I appreciate that I am in the minority, but I think being in the EL is a good thing. We are now in a competition that we can actually win, so let's hope our manager bothers to take it seriously

I'm all for this, especially if Poch takes it as serious as he did last night.

It's a great competition for the likes of Wimmer, Winks, Nkoudou and returning players like Lamela to shine in and get game time. We are at Wembley where we can get top capacity against potentially some really really good teams.

Winning breeds confidence just like Tottenham belong in Europe. Plus, we've missed the shitty group stages against teams like Zorya and Maribors of the world.

Looks like both teams played their group matches at their home grounds, so I can only assume they were deemed safe enough to host matches, unlike eastern Ukrainian teams, who've had their matches moved. Wouldn't exactly be pleasant places to go, mind...

Could be worse

I remember Filbert Street!

:chadliwtf:

1984 UEFA Cup final...I travelled to the first leg with Tottenham's supporters club. I paid for the first leg trip to Anderlecht by Chq-just under £40 . Many weeks later the Chq was returned by Tottenham, they never pursued it. I was young and so ignored it. I am forever in their debt.

Now the 4pm EL kick-offs have ended, here is the updated list of teams we can face:

Krasnador
Rostov
Monchengladbach
Legia Warsaw
Ludogorets
Gent
PAOK
Villarreal

Bring 'em all on!
In fact, let them combine their teams...
We can handle all 88 players...
:llorishowudoin::vert::dembelewtf::deledoubt:

I paid for the first leg trip to Anderlecht by Chq-just under £40 . Many weeks later the Chq was returned by Tottenham, they never pursued it. I was young and so ignored it. I am forever in their debt.

Expect a call any day now...
:levystare:

With the accrued interest, gawd only knows what that £40 comes to now!!

Back
Top Bottom